Proposed bet on 2018/19 finishing position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed bet on 2018/19 finishing position

I just want to find out if any of Ollie's supporters are prepred to back their opinion with wedge.

I wont hold my breath.

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    I just want to find out if any of Ollie's supporters are prepred to back their opinion with wedge.

I wont hold my breath.
    So whats this bet youre up for then hal?
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Hi Pinks, if he's still in situ for game 1 next term - which by the way I think likely - I proposed a bet based on our finishing position. I think we'll end up mid table or below. If anyone thinks we'll be higher than the mid point, we have the makings of a wager. By the time we know what the club's plans are re manager and playing staff, we should be able to see what the bookies are offering on our prospects for some context. I'm sure we can figure out terms and if necessary get someone to act as stakeholder. For me its a bit of a win win, because if we do better than I predict that would be a nice consolation prize.

Just for the record, I don't think if Ollie stays we're in danger, I just don't think we're going to do quite as well as some seem to imagine. There are an awful lot of opinions on here, we all know the arguments, so my take is - let the money do the talking! Half the winnings to the community trust sounds about right. Which will probably tiurn out to be £2.50, but we shall see......

Comment

Oh yeah youre dead right, its been proven we`re shocking now and going backwards, get rid now and get someone in better, then we`re sorted.
        Like I said Pinks - let the money do the talking

Only way to sort the wheat from the chaff.......

Comment

Hi Pinks, if he's still in situ for game 1 next term - which by the way I think likely - I proposed a bet based on our finishing position. I think we'll end up mid table or below. If anyone thinks we'll be higher than the mid point, we have the makings of a wager. By the time we know what the club's plans are re manager and playing staff, we should be able to see what the bookies are offering on our prospects for some context. I'm sure we can figure out terms and if necessary get someone to act as stakeholder. For me its a bit of a win win, because if we do better than I predict that would be a nice consolation prize.

Just for the record, I don't think if Ollie stays we're in danger, I just don't think we're going to do quite as well as some seem to imagine. There are an awful lot of opinions on here, we all know the arguments, so my take is - let the money do the talking! Half the winnings to the community trust sounds about right. Which will probably tiurn out to be £2.50, but we shall see......
          We need disclosure regarding the peramiters of this bet.

What position is your cut off point for midtable, we need your other teams in the mix, you can ask rebel to assist in this if you wish.

#minileagueforever
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            We need disclosure regarding the peramiters of this bet.
            Mid table means mid point in the championship rather than the minis. We should do it as a spread based around a QPR performance index: the lower we finish relative to the midpoint, the more the seller of the QPR performance index wins, the higher the more he looses (and therefore the buyer gains). Obviously we have to wait until Ollie's contract status is confirmed, and we also need to have a fallback position in the unlikely event of him being sacked in term time.

Once we've sorted that, we can get monetarised!

Comment

but things have took abit longer, but we are definately going in the right direction thats for sure.
              In that case I look forward to you accepting my offer of a decent bet......

DETAILS posted a little while back, as requested....

We can fine tune terms and conditions.

Comment

Maybe Pinkie doesn't bet.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  Maybe Pinkie doesn't bet.
                  He seemed to show an interest earlier:

Comment

Time to put your money where your mouth is Pinkie!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      He seemed to show an interest earlier:
                      Half way in the table bet 2.0 then

Comment

IIn that case I look forward to you accepting my offer of a decent bet......

Sorry i havnt been on hardly in the last few days and especially after knowing the meltdown would be upon us again lol

Read it very briefly and god knows why you are complicating a simple bet, couldnt make heads or tails of what you put tbh

Totally up for a bet & i had us for 9th this season so got that wrong, but hal come out in english & simple terms what you want to bet thanks mate

Comment

So basically you think we`ll be mid table or lower? ill go for top ten myself but all depends on who we get rid of.

Comment

How about £100 on i reckon we`ll be in the top ten & what you reckon hal mid to lower? was thinking we could involve others on guessing a position number & winner takes all or to charity

Comment

£50 in the bet to name a position...

Who fancies it, name a position you think we`ll finish in & where we land at the end of the season takes the lot, also if a few have named the same position & that comes in, share the winnings?!

Come on whos up for it!!

Itd add abit of fun to things & hopefully this wont get taken down....

Even a amount could go to a charity out of the winnings, but think it would be fun....

Comment

Working...
                              X