• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Holloway 3 year extention?
    Hopefully
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
      FFP, points deduction putting us into relegation battle, making some on here very excited

Comment

I hope we do keep robbo and I personally think he owes us another season on the basis we give him a three year deal and we get some money out of him next year. Especially after standing by him throughout his rehabilitation.

However, look if Hall comes back the same player and robbo goes I won’t be too fussed. Though that Hall and Robbo as our first choice cb’s best season sounds pretty decent tbh.
        Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 15-04-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          I hope we do keep robbo and I personally think he owes us another season on the basis we give him a three year deal and we get some moment out of him next year. Especially after standing by him throughout his rehabilitation.

However, look if Hall comes back the same player and robbo goes I won’t be too fussed. Though that Hall and Robbo as our first choice cb’s best season sounds pretty decent tbh.
          Whether he owes us another season or not is irrelevant if we haven't even made him a contract offer.

Comment

With Hall's injury problem and Ned nearing the end of his time with us it does seem odd that no offer has been made

Comment

With Hall's injury problem and Ned nearing the end of his time with us it does seem odd that no offer has been made
              As Westy speculated above, maybe the agent has made it clear there is no point at the salary we can offer.

Comment

Tarbie. If no offer has been made how do we know it is too low? Can only be too low if an offer has been made?

Comment

Youd think if the owners was serious about us wanting a stab at promotion youd think theyd try to keep one of our top performers this year wouldnt you! then comes transfers we wouldnt hardly need anyone, not good if we dont try to keep him

Comment

Tarbie. If no offer has been made how do we know it is too low? Can only be too low if an offer has been made?
                    Who knows what conversations are going on between the agent and the club. If Robinson's agent has been given strict instructions from the player that he'll only consider salaries above a certain level, and we simply cannot get to the level, where is the point of sending him a contractual offer? He's also made it pretty clear there is interest from other clubs. The Bosman ruling allows clubs to make contractual offers to players in the final 6 months of their contract. If he has 5 or 6 offers on the table that dwarf what we can pay him, why would we waste our time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Youd think if the owners was serious about us wanting a stab at promotion youd think theyd try to keep one of our top performers this year wouldnt you! then comes transfers we wouldnt hardly need anyone, not good if we dont try to keep him
                      Maybe FFP makes it impossible mate. Maybe he's asking for a salary that we physically cannot get to.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        Also surprised at him captain in Ned’s absence if case of him definitely out of door.

Comment

• Might be that the club would prefer to keep Ned of the two, and they're waiting on a decision from him. If it's a yes then it might mean we couldn't pay what robbo is wanting.
                          Just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Who knows what conversations are going on between the agent and the club. If Robinson's agent has been given strict instructions from the player that he'll only consider salaries above a certain level, and we simply cannot get to the level, where is the point of sending him a contractual offer? He's also made it pretty clear there is interest from other clubs. The Bosman ruling allows clubs to make contractual offers to players in the final 6 months of their contract. If he has 5 or 6 offers on the table that dwarf what we can pay him, why would we waste our time?
                            That's what I suspect may be happening, no doubt we have wage limitations and if we are not in the ball park with that and he has offers why would we waste our time? It's frustrating but this happens in all sports I follow, there is no loyalty, it's a business and the sooner fans understand that, the easier it will be!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                            X