Tinkerman....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Suspect he'll be our first choice next season mate. No brainer really. He's good enough, we need the cash, and if we want a decent price for Smithies this is the window to do it!
    Got a feeling Lumley could break into the side next season. Don't think Ingram will have it all his way should Smithies be on his way.

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
      More tinkering next week almost certainly guaranteed with Mackie and perch to be involved and defenders coming back. At least 6 changes again.
      Had a load of changes for Sheffield Wednesday didn't we? No problem for me while these games mean nothing to us position wise.

Comment

• Havent read the whole thread but peronally think this is the perfect time to tinker. We are safe and Ollie should be looking to give fringe players a chance to play as well as looking at ,ore youngsters who might be able to step up like Eze amd Smyth have.

Tinkering will impact the final few games this season in terms of resukts but doing this now as frusteating as it is will not impact momentum for next season. In fact i am sure it will help shape important decisions that need to be made in terms of player recruitment and needs over the summer period.

I alos wonder if Ollie has played Eze for example less since he was being linked with prem clubs and hos long term future still not sorted.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Havent read the whole thread but peronally think this is the perfect time to tinker. We are safe and Ollie should be looking to give fringe players a chance to play as well as looking at ,ore youngsters who might be able to step up like Eze amd Smyth have.

Tinkering will impact the final few games this season in terms of resukts but doing this now as frusteating as it is will not impact momentum for next season. In fact i am sure it will help shape important decisions that need to be made in terms of player recruitment and needs over the summer period.

I alos wonder if Ollie has played Eze for example less since he was being linked with prem clubs and hos long term future still not sorted.
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Havent read the whole thread but peronally think this is the perfect time to tinker. We are safe and Ollie should be looking to give fringe players a chance to play as well as looking at ,ore youngsters who might be able to step up like Eze amd Smyth have.
            Totally agree. Also, it is not a given that tinkering will mean we lose games - only have to look at Sheffield Wednesday to see that.

Comment

• He tinkers anyway, OCD. Ref Millwall & etc.

He needs to go. Until then we may as well settle in for extended inconsistency.

Comment

I did wonder the same about Eze after the 'ten prem clubs looking at him' article.

Comment

• Don’t think if Prem clubs were planning bid for eze they will suddenly lose interest because ollie is not selecting

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Don’t think if Prem clubs were planning bid for eze they will suddenly lose interest because ollie is not selecting
                    It might get him out of the headlines and stop others being interested though. It does seem odd that he is not starting but we know Ollie makes these baffling decisions sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

It might get him out of the headlines and stop others being interested though. It does seem odd that he is not starting but we know Ollie makes these baffling decisions sometimes.
                      Scouts will still be there regardless of being in the limelight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Scouts will still be there regardless of being in the limelight.
                        Yes I agree. I wasn't saying it would work just that that may have been the thinking behind it.

Comment

• Good to see the tinkering paying off on Saturday.

Comment

• Some call it tinkering, others call it developing the youth.

I suppose it depends on whether you are a ‘realist’ or a ‘happy clapper’.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                              Some call it tinkering, others call it developing the youth.

I suppose it depends on whether you are a ‘realist’ or a ‘happy clapper’.
                              or somewhere inbetween like myself. It doesn't have to be binary.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

or somewhere inbetween like myself. It doesn't have to be binary.
                                So I keep being told through my kids’ schools rainbow days.

Comment

Working...
                                X