No announcement yet.

Tinkerman....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same manager could have been top 10 this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Agree, new manager and good chance of top ten!
      Wondered when youd roll up lol, youll be right disappointed then if we hit the top ten under ollie
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Frags i think that manager is a #### but even I would not label him with tag he’s picking tactics to ensure we don’t go up

If I had the option of going up now and losing every game next season I would bite whoever’s hand off who is offering. 100mil+ in the bank for a side which is skint thank you very much

There is nothing Weight to the argument it’s too soon to go up from any league if you get the chance you take it our problem was we never made the most of the chance
        No argument here about your views of Ollie Wests.
        But there is more going on than what any of us know behind the scenes.
        I guess we won't know for sure until someone releases their autobiography.
        I just find the constant digging of everyone associated with our club and the constant digging against the few positive Ollie supporters a tad tiring.
        It feels like groundhog day at times when the same stuff is posted over and over again, when some go quiet when we do well, but leap out of a cake with a semi when we lose.
        Obviously, I come from a pre social media/internet era, where the majority of us got along as we were always in the minority with the choice of club we supported, and was willing to stand our ground against anyone who dared talked rubbish about our club (even when true).
        I enjoy both sides of every argument, but there are times that I find myself asking why the constant bashing?
        OK, TF, never going to win a football chairman of the year award anytime soon, but it doesn't feel that long ago that we was uncertain if we would have a club to support in the future.
        The slating of our DOF, who is supposed to be a club legend grinds my gears.
        But I try my best to try and see both sides of the argument, but obviously I am struggling lately.
        Also you will never find a post from me where I have agreed Ollie is our future or even happy about him coming back, but I get occasional digs that I side with Pinkie, one of our biggest Ollie supporters. I love the passion he jas for our club and his consistency is refreshing, proper old school, but I do not agree with him on Ollie. I made that clear to him once and didn't feel the need to keep reminding him.
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
          I just find the constant digging of everyone associated with our club and the constant digging against the few positive Ollie supporters a tad tiring.
          It feels like groundhog day at times when the same stuff is posted over and over again, when some go quiet when we do well, but leap out of a cake with a semi when we lose.
          Obviously, I come from a pre social media/internet era, where the majority of us got along as we were always in the minority with the choice of club we supported, and was willing to stand our ground against anyone who dared talked rubbish about our club (even when true).
          I enjoy both sides of every argument, but there are times that I find myself asking why the constant bashing?
          OK, TF, never going to win a football chairman of the year award anytime soon, but it doesn't feel that long ago that we was uncertain if we would have a club to support in the future.
          But I try my best to try and see both sides of the argument, but obviously I am struggling lately.
          Also you will never find a post from me where I have agreed Ollie is our future or even happy about him coming back, but I get occasional digs that I side with Pinkie, one of our biggest Ollie supporters. I love the passion he jas for our club and his consistency is refreshing, proper old school, but I do not agree with him on Ollie. I made that clear to him once and didn't feel the need to keep reminding him.
          Fair play fraggy and that first bit about how we was before social media and not having anyone put our team downs so right mate, and thats the way we was brought up
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Well said, I agree!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

• On a more positive note, guess what finally made it to Canada?

20180415_111641_resized.jpg
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

On a more positive note, guess what finally made it to Canada?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2328[/ATTACH]
                I don't think I have tried that, I'm sure it's been in the LCBO for years!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

why the constant bashing?
                  I personally don't see it that way mate. Yes you get an element of bashing on forums, but there's nothing new there at all. I see most of it though as constructive criticism, and it is a forum after all, not some homogenised echo-chamber. How farking dull would that be.

The main difference I've noticed this season, more than any other time than possibly since the Paladini days, is how striking the split on here is between the pro and anti Ollie posters. I find it quite sad to witness in a way because it's never healthy to see such divisions within the fan-base, but I suppose this shouldn't come as too surprising considering the type of Marmite type manager/character that Ollie is, which is what brings these reactions out in people IMO - and we're all equally guilty of it. I've mentioned this previously though, some people agree, some don't, which is all fine of course. Just different perspectives.

Ultimately though we are all QPR and I think many lose sight of the fact that when fans criticise the club or how it's run, they do so out of a genuine love for their club, however stridently that can be sometimes expressed. Some fellow fans misinterpret this criticism as an attack on their club and can get uber-defensive and tribalistic. Before you know it you get in-fighting. Personally I think a lot more could be understood about fans' underlying motives for criticism and the genuine place this comes from.

Comment

Cracking post mate. Only part would question is the digs at manager. In my view that is purely his own fault so I have no sympathy. We hear many excuses made for him, some might be correct, but in the main his bizarre way of management has brought the criticism he faces on himself. He seems to constantly come out saying I got it wrong when majority look at what he’s selected pre game and say that won’t work. He’s paid to get it right

Now I don’t for one minute suggest hes working in an easy or straightforward environment, quite the opposite in fairness to him, but he took the job knowing the constraints so I have little sympathy.

I don’t think we’re that far away from being a pretty tidy side in all honesty, think we could be comfortably top half but I do still believe we’re a manager away from achieving that but that’s just a personal view, not digging manager just my view of our current position.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Cracking post mate. Only part would question is the digs at manager. In my view that is purely his own fault so I have no sympathy. We hear many excuses made for him, some might be correct, but in the main his bizarre way of management has brought the criticism he faces on himself. He seems to constantly come out saying I got it wrong when majority look at what he’s selected pre game and say that won’t work. He’s paid to get it right

Now I don’t for one minute suggest hes working in an easy or straightforward environment, quite the opposite in fairness to him, but he took the job knowing the constraints so I have little sympathy.

I don’t think we’re that far away from being a pretty tidy side in all honesty, think we could be comfortably top half but I do still believe we’re a manager away from achieving that but that’s just a personal view, not digging manager just my view of our current position.
                      Thanks Westy, and as you saw in my post, I wasn't trying to imply in anyway that Ollie is the future; quite the opposite.
                      And Stan, I do agree with the majority of what you said, a forum is about opinions, but I am sure you will agree that there are times when it can get a little too personal, and as you rightly said, at the end of the day we are all QPR supporters, and unlike supporters of some clubs, nobody can ever accuse the core of our membership base on here as glory hunters
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Thanks Westy, and as you saw in my post, I wasn't trying to imply in anyway that Ollie is the future; quite the opposite.
                        And Stan, I do agree with the majority of what you said, a forum is about opinions, but I am sure you will agree that there are times when it can get a little too personal, and as you rightly said, at the end of the day we are all QPR supporters, and unlike supporters of some clubs, nobody can ever accuse the core of our membership base on here as glory hunters
                        It's funny, sometimes some of my Toronto FC mates call me a "Eurosnob" when I complain about many of the shortcomings of Major League Soccer, it's such a joke considering I am a QPR fan!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                          I don't think I have tried that, I'm sure it's been in the LCBO for years!
                          I just braved the current ice storm we are in the middle of (after 3 foot if snow in 2 days), to take wife and son for brunch at local British pub. Owner in a Newcastle shirt and bar tender in a Manure shirt watching Man U v WBA, thought I would appreciate the fact that they now serve Speckled Hen; had to let them down gently and tell them my taste buds were too sophisticated to appreciate such a fine ale
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I just braved the current ice storm we are in the middle of (after 3 foot if snow in 2 days), to take wife and son for brunch at local British pub. Owner in a Newcastle shirt and bar tender in a Manure shirt watching Man U v WBA, thought I would appreciate the fact that they now serve Speckled Hen; had to let them down gently and tell them my taste buds were too sophisticated to appreciate such a fine ale
                            Glory hunters! We have been spared the snow in Southern Ontario although the ice pellets are starting to accumulate, hopefully the power stays on as they are expecting many falling trees with the high winds blowing on trees laden with ice!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Yes, agree with that entirely Fraggy.

Comment

• Personally don't mind the tinkering at this stage, we have nothing to play for. Would be nice to get a few wins on the bounce to end the season but no biggie if we don't. Want to smash Brentford though.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2