Tinkerman....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    At least we know what we will get with Holloway in charge,we will lose much more games than we will win and remain a bottom half team.He will always have the players on his side which is a positive and he does love the club. With the budget we have we won't get anyone better,I dont think mick mccarthy would do any better as an example. Holloway isn't very clever and keeps changing the line ups,he keeps saying "I got it wrong today" and doesn't appear to be intelligent enough to learn from it,which is why we know what we will get with Holloway in charge,but club needs consistancy and stability so I think Holloway should remain here next season.
    Lol what like you and a few realists knew we`d be in a relegation battle?
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      And this is the issue.

Nasser makes a sound argument for why it is OK to experiment with line ups at this point of the season. But it will always be a slap in the face to the fans that pay their money and make the effort when the manager picks a weakened side and it doesn't work out!
      And any fan thats been into football for years going would also know damn well the last few games with nothing to play for can go like yesterday! why all of a sudden its a surprise? cracks me up with so many on here just using that big old stick again for when they can, and thats the main reason on here anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        And any fan thats been into football for years going would also know damn well the last few games with nothing to play for can go like yesterday! why all of a sudden its a surprise? cracks me up with so many on here just using that big old stick again for when they can, and thats the main reason on here anyway.
        Surely you can understand the fans' frustrations Pinks? Those that go every week sat through some right dross in the first half of this season. Now we are finally playing a bit of football, and rather than just getting on with doing that we're messing around with selections.

As I said above, I do get the argument that this is as good a time as any to try things out. But maybe it would have been a better tactic to keep selecting our best team and get a bit of form going. We'll be a better side next season if the fans are behind the manager and enjoying the football.

Comment

So I get this right suggestion is we won’t be experimenting against Brentford next week??

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            So I get this right suggestion is we won’t be experimenting against Brentford next week??
            He has to pick the best available starting line up for that game. If we get a tonking there the knives will be out for him again.

Comment

Surely you can understand the fans' frustrations Pinks? Those that go every week sat through some right dross in the first half of this season. Now we are finally playing a bit of football, and rather than just getting on with doing that we're messing around with selections.

As I said above, I do get the argument that this is as good a time as any to try things out. But maybe it would have been a better tactic to keep selecting our best team and get a bit of form going. We'll be a better side next season if the fans are behind the manager and enjoying the football.
              I can yes when we`ve played poorly like we was a few months ago, i certainly wouldnt want to be watching that all season, like when jimmyfloyd was in charge, that was bad, but you know what you can get last few games tarbs, yesterday we played nothing like we`ve been playing, and yet they only just won, its bares well for next season in my opinion aslong as we keep certain players.

Comment

He has to pick the best available starting line up for that game. If we get a tonking there the knives will be out for him again.
                This is why I can’t get head around experimenting it’s like picking and choosing what games are acceptable to lose

The best prep for going into saturdays game would have been playing same side which beat Wednesday and trying to go into the game on the back of two resounding home wins with confidence overflowing

Comment

I can yes when we`ve played poorly like we was a few months ago, i certainly wouldnt want to be watching that all season, like when jimmyfloyd was in charge, that was bad, but you know what you can get last few games tarbs, yesterday we played nothing like we`ve been playing, and yet they only just won, its bares well for next season in my opinion aslong as we keep certain players.
                  But this is the frustration ain't it Pinks? We've all seen how good we can be. But there have been way too many games this season where we've been dire as a direct consequence of the manager not selecting the best team/and or formation that was available to him.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    Although I am amongst those who thinks he has done a good job overall given our current situation and is probably OK for next season for the same reason, I do agree with those who say he is not the one to push us on from this period of consolidation. I do think there has been some been some exciting games and good moments this season though and I'm not sure why die hard fans would not wish to renew STS. Just my opinion.
                    Maybe because they are sick of spending a lot of money to watch Holloway constantly balls things up. The bloke is a tool. Or perhaps they are just not as ‘loyal’ as you fella?

Comment

Next season is make or break for Ollie as I'm guessing the powers that be will want to see a bit of progression now the squad is a lot more settled. He does make some baffling decisions at times, but maybe extended games for likes of cousins is just to see if he can trust them for next season.

Needs to find a settled side for next season and look to stick with it as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        Next season is make or break for Ollie as I'm guessing the powers that be will want to see a bit of progression now the squad is a lot more settled. He does make some baffling decisions at times, but maybe extended games for likes of cousins is just to see if he can trust them for next season.

Needs to find a settled side for next season and look to stick with it as much as possible.
                        He needs to finish the season strongly as well I think mate. If we are gonna do ourselves justice next season, the fans need to be behind the manager.

To be honest, if I was a board member taking stock of this season, I'd be querying why bang average sides operating on smaller budgets than us like Preston, Sheff Utd and Millwall are in the running for the play-offs and we're nowhere near. I don't think Ollie has done a terrible job, but I think we really need to be setting our sights far higher next season.

Comment

He needs to finish the season strongly as well I think mate. If we are gonna do ourselves justice next season, the fans need to be behind the manager.

To be honest, if I was a board member taking stock of this season, I'd be querying why bang average sides operating on smaller budgets than us like Preston, Sheff Utd and Millwall are in the running for the play-offs and we're nowhere near. I don't think Ollie has done a terrible job, but I think we really need to be setting our sights far higher next season.
                          And the answer to thats quite easy, we`ve been badly mismanaged & have been on the mend from that and poor managers having players here who werent playing for the shirt amongst everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                            Maybe because they are sick of spending a lot of money to watch Holloway constantly balls things up. The bloke is a tool. Or perhaps they are just not as ‘loyal’ as you fella?
                            Blimey keep you hair on mate, it's just an opinion. I am nowhere near as 'loyal' as some on here but I wasn't aware it was a competition,

Comment

And the answer to thats quite easy, we`ve been badly mismanaged & have been on the mend from that and poor managers having players here who werent playing for the shirt amongst everything else.
                              Yeah, problem with that is it isn't true though Pinks. Only players we had left to get off the wage bill were Caulker and JET when the season started, and both of them have basically been out of the picture all season.

Ollie has had a settled squad to pick from, and more than enough talent within that squad to challenge in this division. This is proven by the fact that we've taken points off virtually everyone in the top 10. We've even beaten 3 of the top 4 in the division as things stand.

Our problem has been consistency. And in my opinion, that stems from having a manager that really struggles with consistency. Hence the nickname 'The Tinkerman'.
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 15-04-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Pinks. You make a good point in the mis management of the club for years and that has really made a difference. The one thing Holloway needs to be accountable for is the failed wing back system which took him 7 months to work out that it was flawed. Playing with the system of the last 6-8 games would have had us much higher up the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X