Tinkerman....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post
    You mentioned there that we know our best setup is a 4411 (with certain players im assuming you mean Eze and Smith as the front 2).

I know your a bit of a stats man so you could you find out how many times we have actually played this over the season?
    So, with Eze starting behind whomever the lone striker is, we've played (bear in mind that a 4231 is a variation on a 4411 with more advanced wingers but even in every match you're gonna rotate between the two at different times):

Home win V Sunderland
    Away win V Aston Villa
    Away draw V Fulham
    Home win V Norwich
    Home loss V Preston North End

In 4 of those 5 matches, we were unbeaten and we were very very good sides. The match we lost was the latest match and was very much a tinkering man.

To me, that's a sign that we have found our formation. In fact, we continued that formation today, we just tinkered with the players to see who fits which role better. I find that more than acceptable.

Now, were Holloway to try a 352 again, then that's where I question the tinkering, there's no benefit to it. But trying out a midfield involving Cousins to see if he can impress for next season? Makes total sense since we're safe. Seeing how Manning looks out wide? Again, makes sense.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
      Fark me, Experimenting.

If you don't know your best team, best players and a system to suit fark right back off to the sky studios.

Experimenting is for mid-week training sessions and pre-season. Not ####ing off the punter by pissing around and getting done at home. He did this last year and almost got us relegated - did it help? did it ####.

Stop pissing around and play your best side - injury and fatigue accepted.
      He can't get us relegated now or even nearly relegated, so where's the issue?
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        What a fickle attitude
        It is what it is. Maybe fickled, but it is my opinion. Enough is enough.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          He can't get us relegated now or even nearly relegated, so where's the issue?
          Because match time is not for experimenting. You have all week to do that. Play your best side for your paying fans.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
            Fark me, Experimenting.

If you don't know your best team, best players and a system to suit fark right back off to the sky studios.

Experimenting is for mid-week training sessions and pre-season. Not ####ing off the punter by pissing around and getting done at home. He did this last year and almost got us relegated - did it help? did it ####.

Stop pissing around and play your best side - injury and fatigue accepted.
            I do get what you are saying bit I think this FFP thing makes our situation different to others and he probably does need to experiment a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              You are entitled to your opinion Shania. I just find it strange to change it on a non game like today.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                So, with Eze starting behind whomever the lone striker is, we've played (bear in mind that a 4231 is a variation on a 4411 with more advanced wingers but even in every match you're gonna rotate between the two at different times):

Home win V Sunderland
                Away win V Aston Villa
                Away draw V Fulham
                Home win V Norwich
                Home loss V Preston North End

In 4 of those 5 matches, we were unbeaten and we were very very good sides. The match we lost was the latest match and was very much a tinkering man.

To me, that's a sign that we have found our formation. In fact, we continued that formation today, we just tinkered with the players to see who fits which role better. I find that more than acceptable.

Now, were Holloway to try a 352 again, then that's where I question the tinkering, there's no benefit to it. But trying out a midfield involving Cousins to see if he can impress for next season? Makes total sense since we're safe. Seeing how Manning looks out wide? Again, makes sense.
                This just highlights it even more to me. Why oh why did he not play with this against Reading and Hull! Playing Washington against Reading after that run of form has to be one of his weirdest decisons yet.

Anyway, heres hoping that with a bit of luck this is the formation we go with next season. I think with a decent striker up top to rotate with Smith, we could do some real damage to teams next season.

Think Smiths done a fantastic job for us this season and can do the same next season, just need someone with a bit more quality as Smith will eventually become predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  I do get what you are saying bit I think this FFP thing makes our situation different to others and he probably does need to experiment a bit.
                  And to be fair, the only time that experimenting will give a realistic result is in a competitive match, not in training or a pre-season friendly but a game where the opposition still have a live target.
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Problem is, your opinion changes daily.
                    It's all well and good if you are proved wrong and your opinion changes once in a while but, as I said, you change by the day.

Do you actually have a solid opinion about anything qpr related Shania?

No disrespect intended BTW.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

IH admits he got it wrong today how many times has he said that this season, just shows he hasn't got a Scooby doo how to manage, the sooner he is gone the better.

Comment

so frustrating, very hard not to get abusive with his selections and the way he sets out the team
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                          so frustrating, very hard not to get abusive with his selections and the way he sets out the team
                          Today was grim. WTF change from the team that beat Weds in the week? It must drive the players nuts. The trouble is Holloway thinks he is a much better manager than he is in reality. Bloody Tinkerman!!! Loads of my lot are knocking their STs on the head for next season if he is still in charge....which is exactly the reason why he should ALWAYS pick our strongest side and formation for EVERY game!!! Thoroughly p.i.s.s.e.d off tonight. Holloway out!!! God forbid we get done by Brentfart again....

Comment

Problem is, his inconsistency isn't confined to dead rubbers.

As long he stays,we aint going anywhere.

Comment

No one amongst all those who didn't want him back in the first place will be surprised by any of this.

Comment

Although I am amongst those who thinks he has done a good job overall given our current situation and is probably OK for next season for the same reason, I do agree with those who say he is not the one to push us on from this period of consolidation. I do think there has been some been some exciting games and good moments this season though and I'm not sure why die hard fans would not wish to renew STS. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X