No announcement yet.

Tinkerman....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally agree with this, especially the idea that momentum is still moving 3 months from now with new players, newly-staffed opponents, etc.
    Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I'm more than happy with the club experimenting, considering how well we'd done especially at home prior to it. Scoring loads, playing well, we know what works now, 4411 with certain players.

Now we have to find out who stays and who goes, what could work and what won't. I'd say today we saw a lot to answer those questions so as much as I hate losing, and as much as I don't really think Holloway is our long term answer, I'm ok with the experimentation. Momentum barely ever carries over a full 3 months of no football and any momentum we build could be lost because of the World Cup.

Of course beating Brentford would be wonderful and a great way to end the season, but I'm not gonna lose my head over the idea that he experiments when we're playing for nothing but pride.

I'd rather we just sort out the cr ap from the quality and deal with it over the summer. Than think everything is rosy and perfect until we find out next season we haven't fixed the glaring problems in the side.

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post
      I do see where your coming from in terms of league position, but consistency brings success and momentum. It would be great to finish the season with a working system and some confidence to bring into next year.

Surely the correct way to experiment is to slot 1-2 players into an already succesful formula (which we were working towards). Instead as you rightly pointed out Holloway makes 5-6 changes and switches the formation.... wheres the logic!

Reading defeat we could see coming because he randomly decides to drop Eze and Smith. Hull we could see coming because he thinks its a good idea to stick Eze up top on his own.

We win those 2 games and we're looking to be in some great form. These are winnable games that are being lost due to team selection, basic management errors.
      cant argue with any of that, i think its just a matter of perspectives. i think tinkering at this stage is neccesary but god damn i hope he doesn't do it against brentford, its gotta be our strongest side from start to finish

Comment

Which leads to this: What makes for a good manager? And when do you know a team has been beautifully coached? Ollie clearly lacks re (1), but don't the other coaches bear responsibility for so many players not progressing over the course of a season?
        Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Very poor manager these days but he was all we could afford apparently, so you pays your money and you takes your choice. The wins he's overseen recently wouldn't change that overall assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I'm more than happy with the club experimenting, considering how well we'd done especially at home prior to it. Scoring loads, playing well, we know what works now, 4411 with certain players.

Now we have to find out who stays and who goes, what could work and what won't. I'd say today we saw a lot to answer those questions so as much as I hate losing, and as much as I don't really think Holloway is our long term answer, I'm ok with the experimentation. Momentum barely ever carries over a full 3 months of no football and any momentum we build could be lost because of the World Cup.

Of course beating Brentford would be wonderful and a great way to end the season, but I'm not gonna lose my head over the idea that he experiments when we're playing for nothing but pride.

I'd rather we just sort out the cr ap from the quality and deal with it over the summer. Than think everything is rosy and perfect until we find out next season we haven't fixed the glaring problems in the side.
          You mentioned there that we know our best setup is a 4411 (with certain players im assuming you mean Eze and Smith as the front 2).

I know your a bit of a stats man so you could you find out how many times we have actually played this over the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Very poor manager these days but he was all we could afford apparently, so you pays your money and you takes your choice. The wins he's overseen recently wouldn't change that overall assessment.
            This. If he wasn't so consistently stupid, I'd be happy with him. But he can't be relied on not to do dumb a ss things.

Comment

Originally posted by spogs View Post
              Absolutely no chance of this happening
              That's the spirit.

Comment

After having lost this match I have changed my mind; He has to go.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Question - Is it ok to experiment with the side when you have underperformed all season.

My answer is no he's lucky to still be the manager IMHO

Experiment when you have performed and delivered then you can do what the fark you like

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    After having lost this match I have changed my mind; He has to go.
                    What a fickle attitude

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      What a fickle attitude
                      I'm sure another wagon with a band playing on it will be along shortly that can be jumped on
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Think Shania is just bored with the win a game change the formation over and over and over Croyds

I am too he hasn't earnt the right to change and play with the formation he owes the fans more than that atm

Wolves have won the league with a team that has been virtually ever present all season what does that say

Comment

If he was experimenting today why was the young lad kakay not given game time over Freeman who has been in the starting 11 nearly all of the season. When you see Millwall in the top 6 with Morison up front you would have to think that this has been a wasted season.

Comment

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...mpression=true

Comment

Is this the third I got it wrong interview now blokes a complete bell.

Comment

Fark me, Experimenting.

If you don't know your best team, best players and a system to suit fark right back off to the sky studios.

Experimenting is for mid-week training sessions and pre-season. Not ####ing off the punter by pissing around and getting done at home. He did this last year and almost got us relegated - did it help? did it ####.

Stop pissing around and play your best side - injury and fatigue accepted.

Comment

Working...
                                X