Tinkerman....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corbray View Post
    tbh now is the time of the season to tinker with players. players only have themselves and the god awful ref to blame. think about it, sheff wed was a massive tinkering abd we won 4-2. im angry about todays result too but not the lineup, bar smith.

preston came here with a game plan and played very well today to put it plainly, we were just god awful
    Yes, I agree with you! We were poor after we scored, PNE were fighting for their play off lives, I saw a lot of useful things in a poor result as I imagine Ollie did, some of the youngsters looked well out of it today, hopefully a learning experience and not a sign of where they're really at!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

If we’re saying now is the time to experiment are we writing off Brentford and suggesting it’s ok to lose if we do

Comment

The further you finish up the league the more money you get, the sooner IH is out of the club the man is clueless, all this tinkering is pointless we will get the same next season, the man is not a manger just a idiot just go back to Sky you talked b ollocks there.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          If we’re saying now is the time to experiment are we writing off Brentford and suggesting it’s ok to lose if we do
          I would like to think that he experimented today so that he wouldn't have to against Brentford as he knows how important game that is.
          This was a nothing game that I truly believed would of looked different if there was a proper ref on the pitch.
          I agree not fair on paying fans to make such a large change to the squad, but boy do some in here come across as highly aroused when we lose.
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Surely better to go into sats game firing with Everyone on top of their game rather then a half hearted home defeat

Comment

Can hardly be accused of not supporting the team

Been going for 43 years make me laugh out load

Comment

just F-off #####inthehat

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  before todays game the highest we could have finidhed would have been 12th which is assuming we won all our remaining games and had results go our way.

don't get me wrong, i'm far from an ollie supporter but our recent form is still pretty decent with some fantastic results squeezed in between, most of them have been as a result of tinkering here and there. i dont agree with 5-6 changes and a formation change though as that stunts the side but swapping out 2-3 players is fine imo and gives people a chance to showcase themselves, manning, smyth and even cousins lately have been pretty decent in games because they've had a chance.
                  I do see where your coming from in terms of league position, but consistency brings success and momentum. It would be great to finish the season with a working system and some confidence to bring into next year.

Surely the correct way to experiment is to slot 1-2 players into an already succesful formula (which we were working towards). Instead as you rightly pointed out Holloway makes 5-6 changes and switches the formation.... wheres the logic!

Reading defeat we could see coming because he randomly decides to drop Eze and Smith. Hull we could see coming because he thinks its a good idea to stick Eze up top on his own.

We win those 2 games and we're looking to be in some great form. These are winnable games that are being lost due to team selection, basic management errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    At least we have 3 games left to reach holloways target of 54 points
                    I thought for a minute you were going to say '54 different lineups!'

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Yes but there will often be a fixture like that coming up that we want to be in good form for but that leaves no time for experimenting. For once we are in a position to do that. I don't like losing but it's not the end of the world today. I'm more annoyed about the ref to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                        Can hardly be accused of not supporting the team

Been going for 43 years make me laugh out load
                        Fair enough but you're telling people to save their money.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          Well the experiments might lead to wins in the future.
                          Absolutely no chance of this happening

Comment

Agreed. Note that Ollie has said he's playing Mackie and Perch again for old time sake. Don't get that; aren't we all about what's best for building the team? And as I recall both Perch and Mackie, nice blokes, have been nicely compensated for their time here.
                            Originally posted by The General View Post
                            Can safely say that all the final games will be experiments not worth attending I'm afraid if your looking for our strongest team and strongest performance .....its not gonna happen.

Will be more changes next week and then the week after that too.
                            Seasons over in Ollies eyes now save your money for next season

Comment

I'm more than happy with the club experimenting, considering how well we'd done especially at home prior to it. Scoring loads, playing well, we know what works now, 4411 with certain players.

Now we have to find out who stays and who goes, what could work and what won't. I'd say today we saw a lot to answer those questions so as much as I hate losing, and as much as I don't really think Holloway is our long term answer, I'm ok with the experimentation. Momentum barely ever carries over a full 3 months of no football and any momentum we build could be lost because of the World Cup.

Of course beating Brentford would be wonderful and a great way to end the season, but I'm not gonna lose my head over the idea that he experiments when we're playing for nothing but pride.

I'd rather we just sort out the cr ap from the quality and deal with it over the summer. Than think everything is rosy and perfect until we find out next season we haven't fixed the glaring problems in the side.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Very poor manager these days but he was all we could afford apparently, so you pays your money and you takes your choice. The wins he's overseen recently wouldn't change that overall assessment.

Comment

Working...
                                X