No announcement yet.

Tinkerman....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does he still need to experiment to that amount when he has been here 18 months and still doesn't have a clue. If he wants to send out weakened teams then weaken my season tickets cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Yeah, problem with that is it isn't true though Pinks. Only players we had left to get off the wage bill were Caulker and JET when the season started, and both of them have basically been out of the picture all season.

Ollie has had a settled squad to pick from, and more than enough talent within that squad to challenge in this division. This is proven by the fact that we've taken points off virtually everyone in the top 10. We've even beaten 3 of the top 4 in the division as things stand.

Our problem has been consistency. And in my opinion, that inconsistency stems from having a manager that really struggles with consistency. Hence the nickname 'The Tinkerman'.
      Sorry tarbs i dont agree with you, the club was in a mess & you cant have a omelette without cracking some eggs mate, consistency has improved bigtime and yesterdays game you cant take seriously with so many out, its funny i dont hear you or anyone else go on about we had two of our top defenders out and obviously the other changes with it being end of season! but youre with a few others are quite happy to have another dig yet we had loads of first teamers out! sorry not so much you digging but abit of reality wouldnt go amiss instead of everyone on here having hissy fits once again .
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        Pinks. You make a good point in the mis management of the club for years and that has really made a difference. The one thing Holloway needs to be accountable for is the failed wing back system which took him 7 months to work out that it was flawed. Playing with the system of the last 6-8 games would have had us much higher up the table.
        Thing is 73 i very much doubt just the system change would of made us worldbeaters mate, we`ve had so many players out of form months ago, until gradually ollies got everyone playing for each other, before we was way off in our passing movement and everything, theres no way all that would of improved overnight by a system change, the forest game and introducing energy with the youngsters gave everyone the lift & i believe that would of happened in any system in my opinion.

Comment

Pinks. A lot were out of form due to the system. Bidwell and Pawel to name two. Feel a top ten finish was do able with the squad we have.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Pinks. A lot were out of form due to the system. Bidwell and Pawel to name two. Feel a top ten finish was do able with the squad we have.
            We dont really know for sure though 73 you or me, but i had us down for a finish in 9th, but things have took abit longer, but we are definately going in the right direction thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              Sorry tarbs i dont agree with you, the club was in a mess & you cant have a omelette without cracking some eggs mate, consistency has improved bigtime and yesterdays game you cant take seriously with so many out, its funny i dont hear you or anyone else go on about we had two of our top defenders out and obviously the other changes with it being end of season! but youre with a few others are quite happy to have another dig yet we had loads of first teamers out! sorry not so much you digging but abit of reality wouldnt go amiss instead of everyone on here having hissy fits once again .
              Mate, Ollie has been in the job for 18 months now, and has a squad that he selected. Yes there are financial worries as a legacy of the years of mismanagement by the board, but I don't see how this has affected Ollie's ability to do his job. He has a decent sized squad of players with more than enough talent to compete in this league. And as of yet, we haven't needed to sell anyone to balance the books. I'd buy your argument if we were selling key players to make ends meet.

I really don't see how you can claim consistency has improved big time. Did you watch yesterday, or the Hull match, or the Reading match? Besides, I wasn't talking only about results. Ollie is inconsistent in everything he does. Team selections, formations, even what he says in the press. He's all over the place. It's what drives me so crazy about having him as manager. If he just did the simple things consistently correct we'd be so much further up the division.
              Last edited by Tarbie; 15-04-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Mate, Ollie has been in the job for 18 months now, and has a squad that he selected. Yes there are financial worries as legacy of the years of mismanagement by the board, but I don't see how this has affected Ollie's ability to do his job. He has a decent sized squad of players with more than enough talent to compete in this league. And as of yet, we haven't needed to sell anyone to balance the books. I'd buy your argument if we were selling key players to make ends meet.

I really don't see how you can claim consistency has improved big time. Did you watch yesterday, or the Hull match, or the Reading match? Besides, I wasn't talking only about results. Ollie is inconsistent in everything he does. Team selections, formations, even what he says in the press. He's all over the place. It's what drives me so crazy about having him as manager. If he just did the simple things consistently correct we'd be so much further up the division.
                Yes tarbs i did watch them, i think youll find him being more consistent with his selections from next season but who knows, he has ideas sometimes that are different to mine and yours so.....,but we have been consistent recently and improved loads, the sheer fact on the polls on here showing a big amount had us down for a relegation battle says it all, or in rebels case all the realists could see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  Yes tarbs i did watch them, i think youll find him being more consistent with his selections from next season but who knows, he has ideas sometimes that are different to mine and yours so.....,but we have been consistent recently and improved loads, the sheer fact on the polls on here showing a big amount had us down for a relegation battle says it all, or in rebels case all the realists could see it.
                  You said exact same thing this time last season when you said he was experimenting so he could get this right. With out looking to fallout Pinks when does this experimenting period end??? It’s been two seasons now but you suggest above it could go into a third

Comment

Last 10 games L D W W D L W L W L. Is that classed as consistent? Only twice this season have we fielded the same team two weeks running so we have been experimenting all season and that was back in the Mackie days and for what? Maybe a couple of extra points and a worse goal average.
                    When do we expect a settled nucleus of players?

Comment

• Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                      Last 10 games L D W W D L W L W L. Is that classed as consistent? Only twice this season have we fielded the same team two weeks running so we have been experimenting all season and that was back in the Mackie days and for what? Maybe a couple of extra points and a worse goal average.
                      When do we expect a settled nucleus of players?
                      This.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Mate, Ollie has been in the job for 18 months now, and has a squad that he selected. Yes there are financial worries as a legacy of the years of mismanagement by the board, but I don't see how this has affected Ollie's ability to do his job. He has a decent sized squad of players with more than enough talent to compete in this league. And as of yet, we haven't needed to sell anyone to balance the books. I'd buy your argument if we were selling key players to make ends meet.

Couldn't agree more but, as they say, love ❤ is blind. You will never convince Pinkie Blinder!

Comment

• Truly confuses me that so many don't get what this season was all about.
                          How much fun it would of been to of got promoted again and raped week in week out in the prem just to bounce down again.
                          Rebuilding requires experimenting, especially when on limited funds.
                          I would not be surprised if we played wrong formations on purpose to insure we didn't get promoted.
                          Whenever we got close to relegation candidates, we performed to keep us clear, whenever we got close to maybe challenging for 6th place, we reverted back to a system we was not suited to.
                          Now that we are safe, we are having an early pre season.
                          Yes big money getting promoted, but how would that play out with FFP?
                          Much rather we do what we are doing, so that when we do finally go up, we have the structure of a good young team that will have a chance of competing.
                          Also, those that keep repeating themselves over and over again with the hope they will wear down the few that support this transition, do you really think that your constant slating of our club is the right way forward?
                          Trust me, although I am no Ollie supporter, there are quite a few who read this forum but can't be bothered to post as they know they will be shot down.
                          I for one am really excited for next season. I also believe that Ollie is not the long term future of our club, but he is the only available person who is able to get us ready.
                          If any IDK members are out there that know exactly what is going on behind close doors that would justify the constant slating of our club from Chairman down, please do share.
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                            Truly confuses me that so many don't get what this season was all about.
                            How much fun it would of been to of got promoted again and raped week in week out in the prem just to bounce down again.
                            Rebuilding requires experimenting, especially when on limited funds.
                            I would not be surprised if we played wrong formations on purpose to insure we didn't get promoted.
                            Whenever we got close to relegation candidates, we performed to keep us clear, whenever we got close to maybe challenging for 6th place, we reverted back to a system we was not suited to.
                            Now that we are safe, we are having an early pre season.
                            Yes big money getting promoted, but how would that play out with FFP?
                            Much rather we do what we are doing, so that when we do finally go up, we have the structure of a good young team that will have a chance of competing.
                            Also, those that keep repeating themselves over and over again with the hope they will wear down the few that support this transition, do you really think that your constant slating of our club is the right way forward?
                            Trust me, although I am no Ollie supporter, there are quite a few who read this forum but can't be bothered to post as they know they will be shot down.
                            I for one am really excited for next season. I also believe that Ollie is not the long term future of our club, but he is the only available person who is able to get us ready.
                            If any IDK members are out there that know exactly what is going on behind close doors that would justify the constant slating of our club from Chairman down, please do share.

Totally agree fraggy but lost on delicate flowers

Comment

• Frags i think that manager is a #### but even I would not label him with tag he’s picking tactics to ensure we don’t go up

If I had the option of going up now and losing every game next season I would bite whoever’s hand off who is offering. 100mil+ in the bank for a side which is skint thank you very much

There is nothing Weight to the argument it’s too soon to go up from any league if you get the chance you take it our problem was we never made the most of the chance

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                So basically you think we`ll be mid table or lower? ill go for top ten myself but all depends on who we get rid of.
                                Agree, new manager and good chance of top ten!

Comment

Working...
                                X