Safe Standing at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://goodform.researchfeedback.ne...k=152464904563

Looks like it is gathering a bit of pace.

Comment

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/...-installation/

Shrewsbury Town are installing safe seating, the first club in Englsnd to do so.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I didn't think English clubs were allowed to put safe standing in because of Parliament laws on all seater stadiums. Now that they're doing it I'm sure loads will follow. Including us as already welcomed by Tony

Comment

League 1 and 2 are allowed it. I would guess that in the Championship they will have to be bolted down so they are a seat, rather than bolted up for standing?

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
            League 1 and 2 are allowed it. I would guess that in the Championship they will have to be bolted down so they are a seat, rather than bolted up for standing?
            What then happens if Shrewsbury win play offs and play in Championship next season? Presume it will be seated

Comment

They lost didn't they? Bit annoying, as it would have been great for Government to try to justify the difference for them and everyone else, just because they came from a lower league. Technically, Sunderland could do it now and they are massive, then what would happen.

Outdated rule, needs changing to be brought into the real world. Crazy it is still a debate.

Comment

No, Shrewsbury are in the play-off final.
                "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Not only that but Brentford and i think Burton have been allowed to operate with normal "unsafe" standing. So even that contradicts the government and FA's legislation of no teams having standing safe or not in the top two divisions. It's all just excuses.

Comment

There are still seats on these things yeah?

I would imagine that I will be the unlucky fan who gets a miserable old bloke sitting in the seats behind me banging on about not being able to see.

Comment

Yeah but they would be 'locked' up so no one can sit. Plus, who would buy a seat to sit in a standing area, they can #### off. Bad enough people wanting to sit at an away day. Quiet away fans have sitting fans.

Shrewsbury would be able to keep their standing seats locked so that they are standing, for 3 years. Ive read elsewhere that teams coming up have 3 years to change to an all seater so they can still stand until then.

Burton and Brentford have been allowed to keep the standing as they have new grounds being built or have shown enough evidence to know that they are coming. How that makes it any safer I have no idea. It is either safe or unsafe, shouldn't have grey areas.

Comment

Yeah but they would be 'locked' up so no one can sit..
                        If they lock them up, whats the point of having them ?

Comment

So that they comply with European regulations I believe so in a competition they have be seats, rather than standing. We want the law to be that they can just be locked up and everone in that area stands.

Does seem a bit pointless to have the seat at all. Might as well just keep it as the railing that is higher and number that so you save costs on putting in seats that will never be sat on.

I am sure someone smarter than me can give the proper reason.

Comment

Bad enough people wanting to sit at an away day. .
                            Farking right. Last away game I was at was Reading, and I was down near the front. There were lads standing not too far from me and a couple of miserable #######s yelling at them to sit down. Winds me up, farking stand up if you can't see.
                            NB the blokes yelling weren't disabled or elderly or unable to stand.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Farking right. Last away game I was at was Reading, and I was down near the front. There were lads standing not too far from me and a couple of miserable #######s yelling at them to sit down. Winds me up, farking stand up if you can't see.
                              NB the blokes yelling weren't disabled or elderly or unable to stand.
                              This is one of the main reasons I do not go to many away games. I don't want to pay x amount to get there then hvae some miserabl sod telling me to sit down. I wouldn't sit at a gig so no chance I am sitting at an away day. Problem is, I am not the type of bloke to tell them to #### off and stand up.

I am convinced that most of the people sitting would rather stand, but they are too polite and just sit down. I stand until I get moaned at then move if I have to. Just hate seeing all these other clubs standing and making a racket and then we have us where 50% of people sit down and make zero noise, then stand up for the last 10 minutes when it is tight and they love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X