Safe Standing at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    Will any potential safe standing areas at loftus road challange the current position of the family stand?
    Would a potential safe standing ticket be cheaper than a seating ticket?

I would be in favour of both, if the anser was yes.
    Would be good to have safe standing in lower loft, can’t seeing it being any cheaper though as it wouldn’t increase capacity

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
      Would be good to have safe standing in lower loft, can’t seeing it being any cheaper though as it wouldn’t increase capacity
      Also, this topic has been done to death and the Club is adamant that the Lower Loft will remain as the family stand because there is no viable alternative.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        Also, this topic has been done to death and the Club is adamant that the Lower Loft will remain as the family stand because there is no viable alternative.
        If there is no other viable option then why hasn't it always been there?

Stick it in the West Paddock.

Comment

It's not about the capacity. It's about the atmosphere.

Been a supporter of this initiative for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post
            If there is no other viable option then why hasn't it always been there?

Stick it in the West Paddock.
            I can only assume that a family stand, by it’s very nature, needs to give priority to the needs of young children.

You certainly don’t want them having to go up and down staircases, particularly in the rush to leave. So the options are severely limited as it can’t be up the other end and you’re not exactly encouraging their enjoyment of the game shoving them where they are likely to get rained upon. So, short of shifting people from the lower parts of the Ellerslie Road stand, there isn’t really a realistic alternative. Other than, of course, not to have one at all. Pretty sure that even where it is, the little darling’s ears will still be able to pick up some of the more colourful language.

Comment

no brainer for me. Lower Loft should comfortably accommodate 2,000
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                I can only assume that a family stand, by it’s very nature, needs to give priority to the needs of young children.

You certainly don’t want them having to go up and down staircases, particularly in the rush to leave. So the options are severely limited as it can’t be up the other end and you’re not exactly encouraging their enjoyment of the game shoving them where they are likely to get rained upon. So, short of shifting people from the lower parts of the Ellerslie Road stand, there isn’t really a realistic alternative. Other than, of course, not to have one at all. Pretty sure that even where it is, the little darling’s ears will still be able to pick up some of the more colourful language.
                The little s ods do get rained on in the Lower Loft . Plus the club kicked everyone out ,who wasnt a family when they made it a family stand , so they could do it again somewhere else if needs be. Dont see why we have to have one anyway ,stuff like this just gets on my thrupennys ,do we really have to wrap them up in cotton wool ? one of the things i loved at football in the late 70s /early 80s was watching and hearing adults behave worse than children ! And it was a damnsite worse then !
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

how the authorities can turn down safe standing applications in london on saftey grounds is a joke. as you 9 out of 10 times you have to stnd on train and tube to get to ground in first place.
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Alan's read through the thread so far, and responds with the following:

"I think people have got the point, which is that safe standing at Loftus Road if the law was changed would be about atmosphere, not increasing capacity. Let’s hope the petition continues to grow…

Regards, Alan"

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      Funny how kids back in the day went to games and generally seemed to have a brilliant time. Long before anyone thought they needed a family stand.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        Funny how kids back in the day went to games and generally seemed to have a brilliant time. Long before anyone thought they needed a family stand.
                        Loved standing at the front of the loft

Comment

Grew up standing. That's football.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            Oh, I agree. Don’t personally think we should have one at all, but if we are, it may as well be suited for it’s purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                              Grew up standing. That's football.
                              Agreed. I like a family bit but shouldn't be where it is. Imagine the Kop at Liverpool being the family stand.

As for safe standing it wouldn't add seats as they are still seats but just means you done have grump John behind you telling you to sit down, be quiet and miserable.

Comment

Petition signed.

Comment

Working...
                                X