Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Nonsense.
    1. Positioning is his weakness. And perhaps the most important ability for a CB
    2. His strength is going forward. Why would he be a CB where he couldn't use it?
    Or did you mean he hasn't played well?

Comment

I really like furlong. Tons of energy and final ball not bad. I certainly see him as a good attacking right back and can overlap nicely. Massive ask to play centre half, 2 extremely different positions
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        1. Positioning is his weakness. And perhaps the most important ability for a CB
        2. His strength is going forward. Why would he be a CB where he couldn't use it?
        Or did you mean he hasn't played well?
        1. He's a kid and won't have developed into a centre half until he's at least 25. Positioning? Comes with experience and electric pace helps.
        2. He's good on the ball and can bring it out of defence - no idea why you think this wouldn't benefit a centre back.

Personally have no doubt Furs will end up there. Needs to fill out a bit and get a bot more of a level head but that leap, pace and comfort on the ball marks him out as a natural there for me.

Just my opinion mind.

Comment

Cor couple on here are either WUMs or watching totally different games. I think Darnell has come on leaps & bounds and looks every bit an established Championship RB. Not perfect, but then he wouldn't be at QPR if he was. No qualms whatsoever from me having the lad as our starting RB.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I play CB now after being maurading CM player if I can do it Furlong can

Comment

He might be a perfect wingback in a 532!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                I play CB now after being maurading CM player if I can do it Furlong can
                Steady Westie. I can't imagine that you're coming up against a quality centre forward with brilliant movement. It's a massive ask as his positioning will be serverly tested. Looks a very good right back, so why change. I don't agree with trying to change unless you're a limited player like Phil neville.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

It takes time to mature into a decent backline defender, and that's when you're a regular in a regular set up, ie not the case here.

The boy is doing nicely.

Comment

Throughout our run of excellent (mainly) wins and draws following the abject defeat to Forest at home, Furlong has featured at right back. This is the first time this season Holloway has played him consistently. He has been an integral part of our better form.

Comment

Have panned him in the past for his positioning and while I think this is still an area he needs to work on he has really stepped up of late and all credit to him.

Can see him being the best Rb we've had since Simpson.

Comment

Never used to rate him but have to say he has turned me around completely. Playing well and doing the basics really well now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          Never used to rate him but have to say he has turned me around completely. Playing well and doing the basics really well now.
                          Agree with this. He plays with confidence and from what I’ve seen is fairly vocal too. Progressing nicely in my view

Comment

Not impressed by him, caught out of position too often, needs to learn very quickly. if going to continue in the team regular

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                              Not impressed by him, caught out of position too often, needs to learn very quickly. if going to continue in the team regular
                              he has things to learn but that comes with experience at this level. personally i've been very impressed with him over the past 10 games or so, hes been anywhere from 7 to 9 out of 10 most games. even the things that aren't his strong points he looks to be improving in and is worth developing and is defo a better option at rb than pavel or anyone else.

tbh too i'm just happy that hes the first academy product in years to be nailed down as a starter, first of my lifetime anyway (bar the late ray jones)

Comment

Sure he has defensive issues he needs to work on, but he's still young and with game time he no doubt will. I really like Furlong, reckon he has a big future.
                                And, if the defensive side doesn't improve much, he's imo more than good enough as a winger at Championship level.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2