Our 20+ goals striker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Doesn't matter how he does it. His ratio is excellent, career average a fraction over a goal every two games. And that includes stints at clubs like Fulham which never really attempted to accomnodate him.

Give him the tools and he'll do the job. The tools including a strike partner who can thrive off his scraps. I think Eze may be the best bet for that role.
    How about a winger (not a wide MF) who regularly gets close to or near the byline for whipped in crosses (not diagonal ones from deeper positions)? Same tool needed for Sylla too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      How about a winger (not a wide MF) who regularly gets close to or near the byline for whipped in crosses (not diagonal ones from deeper positions)? Same tool needed for Sylla too.
      Sounds like Smyth to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
        Sounds like Smyth to me.
        Possibly. Not an all out winger but can certainly do that job. We'd need him inside too though for his goalscoring ability.

Someone like BOS or Pawel fits the genuine winger role better imo.

Comment

Possibly. Not an all out winger but can certainly do that job. We'd need him inside too though for his goalscoring ability.

Someone like BOS or Pawel fits the genuine winger role better imo.
          If Im honest I haven’t seen Pawel fizz one in for seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
            If Im honest I haven’t seen Pawel fizz one in for seasons.
            I agree but tbf how often has he been played as a genuine winger and not a wide MF? Moreover on the right side, not left. Going a little off-topic here anyway.

Comment

Don't we have enough wingers at the club already? Smyth, Wszolek, BOS, Shodipo, Wheeler, even Freeman could play that role if short!

I'd personally love to see us play 4-4-2 with 2 out and out wingers and 2 strikers. NOT Washington or Mackie though!

Will be interesting to see if Sylla is kept or moved on this Summer. He and Eze up front next season, banging in the goals supplied by crosses from Wszolek and Smyth? I like the sound of that.

If it's not working...bring Smith on as an option B to go more direct, and guaranteed he will get the service with 2 wingers!

You R'rsss!!!

Comment

Yeah I didn't mention a winger because we've all been banging on about it for so long...... and yet still the service is predominatntly long ball diagonal :sighs:

Just because we now play 4 at the back doesn't mean the winger problem is solved. 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 diamond are a couple of set ups c/w a back four which can end up way too narrow.

Assuming we set up right for say Smith / Eze as a pair, I'm honestly not sure who our best traditional winger is. One genuine two footed winger would be enough. We could play Smyth free behind Smith / Eze with the wide man free for either side. Suddenly you have a real threat. But I'm not sure we have a wide man who can skin em in and out on both sides.

edit

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                His ratio is surely nowhere near that good? Not even into double figures this season.
                Norths his career stats = 1 every 199 minutes (source: transfer market). Most games end up around the 95m mark so... he is close to 1 in 2.

But you have to set up for him.
                Last edited by hal9thou; 13-04-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X