Our 20+ goals striker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
    It is impossible for our club at this time to buy 20+ striker on the market.
    Sylla is a QPR player and is capable to score 20+ goals given the change to play.
    I hope this happens next season and we can sell him for fortune.
    But probably his contract is over next spring so he goes for nothing.
    His contract expires June 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Totally different player to Smith. Smith has a football brain, and an unusually large frame, but very little athleticism or genuine ability. If he was 4 inches shorter he'd be playing conference football at best.

Sylla is far more talented
      , but appears to be lacking a bit in terms of reading the game and movement.
      All about opinions Tarbie but I really don't see that. Think you are underrating Matt Smith too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
        All about opinions Tarbie but I really don't see that. Think you are underrating Matt Smith too.
        Agree to disagree mate.

I like Smith, but to suggest he has genuine Championship standard footballing ability would be wrong in my opinion. He's got where he's got by being big and awkward, and having the brains to know how to use that to his advantage.

Polar opposite to Sylla from that perspective. Sylla has all the tools a striker needs, apart from a decent footballing brain.
        Last edited by Tarbie; 12-04-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

His contract expires June 2019
          Hope the club makes a decision on him this summer then. Either have faith in him and sort a new contract, or look to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
            Scores goals though and that is his job.
            Correct. And which trumps ALL his other limitations, surely?!

The stats don't lie:
            Originally posted by hh9 View Post
            Has started 12 matches and in as sub in 11 matches playing the total of 1039 minutes (11,5 matches) scored 7 goals

Comment

Sylla doesn't look like a footballer to me. Always looks awkward and clumsy but somehow, he scores a lot of goals.

I know the argument is that this is what a striker is there to do but that isn't the case. If you are a high pressing team then you need work rate to go with that and if he has a barron run then we will be playing with 10 men. Phillips use to set up goals but done sod all else, and that was not enough for the fans.

I would keep Sylla but if the right offer came in then I would get rid. Though, Washington should go first.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                Sylla doesn't look like a footballer to me. Always looks awkward and clumsy but somehow, he scores a lot of goals.

I know the argument is that this is what a striker is there to do but that isn't the case. If you are a high pressing team then you need work rate to go with that and if he has a barron run then we will be playing with 10 men. Phillips use to set up goals but done sod all else, and that was not enough for the fans.

I would keep Sylla but if the right offer came in then I would get rid. Though, Washington should go first.
                He looks so out of place on a football pitch.
                Like a rabbit in the headlights, dont even think he knows any of the rules of the game.
                But put the ball near him in the penalty area and he knows where it has to go and he does just that.
                Tricky one.

Comment

You need a plan C ( Holloway hasn't got a plan A) it's okay when Smith is winning the headers but he doesn't always. That's when we need Sylla.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                    You need a plan C ( Holloway hasn't got a plan A) it's okay when Smith is winning the headers but he doesn't always. That's when we need Sylla.
                    Don't think he'll hang around if he continues to be used as a back up though mate, and he only has a year left on his deal. As such, it is the time to sell him if we aren't gonna play him!

Comment

More Sylly stat for those that do not believe in statistic - by the way one simple stat says we got 53 points from 42 games this season
                      Sylla has only scored a single goal in one game he has been used as a sub
                      If Sylla scores we don't loose 3 wins and 3 draws

Comment

If you are a high pressing team then you need work rate to go with that and if he has a barron run then we will be playing with 10 men.
                        Personally not fussed about a striker running about trying to press high up the pitch. I prefer he keeps his energy for short bursts into and around the box to get on the end of a pass / cross.

Comment

I know the argument is that this is what a striker is there to do but that isn't the case. If you are a high pressing team then you need work rate to go with that and if he has a barron run then we will be playing with 10 men..
                          You could replace Syllas name with Smith in fairness

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            The new law is confusing. Lots of players don't fully get it still. It was tweaked to have 1st and 2nd phase with the idea to keep the game flowing more, but that comes at a price because the line between the two phases gets easily blurred. Classic example of the confusion last night when Smithies came for the ball when the striker was offside but the lino couldn't flag it yet cos the striker hadn't touched it - forcing Smithies to come for the ball and ended up getting injured for his troubles. This flaw in the law amendment is what caused Smithies getting hurt essentially, and he was lucky to escape a worse injury. We see examples of this confusion every week, so to criticise Sylla for that is very harsh IMO Roms, especially on the back of a good personal performance with two very well taken goals.

Both goals he made look easy but they took excellent ability. The first he created the space for himself. The second he outwitted the keeper under pressure, by hesitating a fraction on his run up until the keeper committed.
                            Hate the new ruling

Comment

I like Smith, but to suggest he has genuine Championship standard footballing ability would be wrong in my opinion. He's got where he's got by being big and awkward,.
                              Doesn't matter how he does it. His ratio is excellent, career average a fraction over a goal every two games. And that includes stints at clubs like Fulham which never really attempted to accomnodate him.

Give him the tools and he'll do the job. The tools including a strike partner who can thrive off his scraps. I think Eze may be the best bet for that role.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                Doesn't matter how he does it. His ratio is excellent, career average a fraction over a goal every two games. And that includes stints at clubs like Fulham which never really attempted to accomnodate him.

Give him the tools and he'll do the job. The tools including a strike partner who can thrive off his scraps. I think Eze may be the best bet for that role.
                                His ratio is surely nowhere near that good? Not even into double figures this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X