Our 20+ goals striker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
    Totally agree, not a fan at all, wanders aimlessly around the pitch, at one stage based on stats Patrick Ageymang was better than Messi.
    Now that my friend is about the best way of summing it all up
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Totally agree, not a fan at all, wanders aimlessly around the pitch, at one stage based on stats Patrick Ageymang was better than Messi.
      But we're talking about goals scored. Not stats. It's a different thing. Stats don't win games, goals do!

Comment

Go into next season with him as our number 1 striker and it will be a long hard season, bloke doesn’t even understand the offside law, hopefully will sell him and Washington and buy someone half decent, not convinced Sylla would ever get 20 goals in a season.

Comment

Go into next season with him as our number 1 striker and it will be a long hard season, bloke doesn’t even understand the offside law, hopefully will sell him and Washington and buy someone half decent, not convinced Sylla would ever get 20 goals in a season.
          Totally agree
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Yeah agree

Comment

bloke doesn’t even understand the offside law
              The new law is confusing. Lots of players don't fully get it still. It was tweaked to have 1st and 2nd phase with the idea to keep the game flowing more, but that comes at a price because the line between the two phases gets easily blurred. Classic example of the confusion last night when Smithies came for the ball when the striker was offside but the lino couldn't flag it yet cos the striker hadn't touched it - forcing Smithies to come for the ball and ended up getting injured for his troubles. This flaw in the law amendment is what caused Smithies getting hurt essentially, and he was lucky to escape a worse injury. We see examples of this confusion every week, so to criticise Sylla for that is very harsh IMO Roms, especially on the back of a good personal performance with two very well taken goals.

Both goals he made look easy but they took excellent ability. The first he created the space for himself. The second he outwitted the keeper under pressure, by hesitating a fraction on his run up until the keeper committed.

Comment

Although most of his are because he is just standing offside when he gets the ball, opposition defence moves up and he just stands there, not sure the change of law affects his judgement as he didn’t understand the old laws.

Comment

He's got the first touch of a rapist

Comment

Interesting comments on here about Sylla. I'm surprised a bit at some of the negative ones, but it's a matter of opinion I guess.

For me, he's not perfect but he gets goals. I'd rather see him caught offside 7 or 8 times in a game and then score the winner than sit and watch somebody like Washington run around like a headless chicken for 90 minutes and achieve nothing. Let's be honest, some games this season could have been 300 minutes long and Washington still wouldn't have managed a shot on target.

As I said above, Sylla ain't perfect, but he's better than anyone else we have when it comes to putting the ball in the net. It's also not any easy thing procuring a goalscorer on the tight budget we operate to these days!
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 12-04-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Bloke is pony. Ball seems to bounce off him when he tries to hold it up, he doesn't jump for a header and he cant dribble. Can do a job until the end of the season but if we want to progress next season we need someone who can do more.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        The new law is confusing. Lots of players don't fully get it still. It was tweaked to have 1st and 2nd phase with the idea to keep the game flowing more, but that comes at a price because the line between the two phases gets easily blurred. Classic example of the confusion last night when Smithies came for the ball when the striker was offside but the lino couldn't flag it yet cos the striker hadn't touched it - forcing Smithies to come for the ball and ended up getting injured for his troubles. This flaw in the law amendment is what caused Smithies getting hurt essentially, and he was lucky to escape a worse injury. We see examples of this confusion every week, so to criticise Sylla for that is very harsh IMO Roms, especially on the back of a good personal performance with two very well taken goals.

Both goals he made look easy but they took excellent ability. The first he created the space for himself. The second he outwitted the keeper under pressure, by hesitating a fraction on his run up until the keeper committed.
                        Although most of his are because he is just standing offside when he gets the ball, opposition defence moves up and he just stands there, not sure the change of law affects his judgement as he didn’t understand the old laws.
                        Exactly right Romford. I take your point about the current rule Stan but, he would have got flagged time and again back in the 90's when the rule was probably at its most simple.
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Interesting comments on here about Sylla. I'm surprised a bit at some of the negative ones, but it's a matter of opinion I guess.

For me, he's not perfect but he gets goals. I'd rather see him caught offside 7 or 8 times in a game and then score the winner than sit and watch somebody like Washington run around like a headless chicken for 90 minutes and achieve nothing. Let's be honest, some games this season could have been 300 minutes long and Washington still wouldn't have managed a shot on target.

As I said above, Sylla ain't perfect, but he's better than anyone else we have when it comes to putting the ball in the net. It's also not any easy thing procuring a goalscorer on the tight budget we operate to these days!
                          Is he better than Smith? maybe minutes per goal I guess? worked really hard against Wednesday but can't play that role anywhere close to how well Matt Smith has been doing. I like him though and would keep him unless a 3 mil plus offer came in.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                            Is he better than Smith? maybe minutes per goal I guess? worked really hard against Wednesday but can't play that role anywhere close to how well Matt Smith has been doing. I like him though and would keep him unless a 3 mil plus offer came in.
                            Totally different player to Smith. Smith has a football brain, and an unusually large frame, but very little athleticism or genuine ability. If he was 4 inches shorter he'd be playing conference football at best.

Sylla is far more talented, but appears to be lacking a bit in terms of reading the game and movement.

I think at this level, and given our limited spending power, both should be playing a part on a regular basis.

Comment

Scores goals though and that is his job. Is running around more trying to close players down. With Smythe, Eze and now Luongo getting goals maybe our priority is not this mythical 20 goal a season man but our defence. We have conceded 63 goals in 42 games and could be losing Ned and Robinson next season. Smithies has been ever present Bidwell has missed one game Ned played 27 Robbo 30
                              and we still manage to be worse than last year.

Comment

It is impossible for our club at this time to buy 20+ striker on the market.
                                Sylla is a QPR player and is capable to score 20+ goals given the change to play.
                                I hope this happens next season and we can sell him for fortune.
                                But probably his contract is over next spring so he goes for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X