Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think he'll do well

Comment

Warburton on talksport in a bit. He and Barton had a big falling out at Rangers. Be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        Hmmmm

Sceptical.

Has he the temperament to be a manager when there’s so many different types of players who need different types of man management?

I think he could be a good manager but time will reveal him to be just what he has always been.
        This. Clearly knows the game inside out. Huge gamble by a small club but could pay off if he has grown up.

Comment

Saw somewhere that Barton is going to get Clint Hill as his assistant at Fleetwood.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Saw somewhere that Barton is going to get Clint Hill as his assistant at Fleetwood.....
            Why would Clint want that Job?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

First step on the ladder and I would doubt he'd need to do an interview !

Comment

Both Scousers, likely to be good friends. Good start for both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                  Both Scousers, likely to be good friends.
                  Dey do dat dough don't dey dough

Comment

Norths, Mush - yeah, I get all that.

All I'm saying is that Clint has had a long and distinguished career. He has worked with plenty of good managers, and players that have gone on to be managers. I understand that he probably isn't ready to walk into a managers job (neither is Barton, but that's a different argument). But surely he can do better than playing 2nd fiddle to a bell end like Joey Barton?

It could also be a poisoned chalice couldn't it? Barton has hardly been known for encouraging stable, harmonious environments during his playing career. Clint could potentially be walking into an absolute sh*t storm!

Comment

Norths, Mush - yeah, I get all that.

All I'm saying is that Clint has had a long and distinguished career. He has worked with plenty of good managers, and players that have gone on to be managers. I understand that he probably isn't ready to walk into a managers job (neither is Barton, but that's a different argument). But surely he can do better than playing 2nd fiddle to a bell end like Joey Barton?

It could also be a poisoned chalice couldn't it? Barton has hardly been known for encouraging stable, harmonious environments during his playing career. Clint could potentially be walking into an absolute sh*t storm!
                      Fully agree.
                      Although very doubtful, I would of loved Clint to replace Birch next season.
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I'll put money that it won't last for more than a couple of months at best. It's like taking Gazza to a brewery.

The only manager he never fell out with was Sean Dyche - because he knew that Sean would fill him in.

Pseudo intellectual who got Warnock sacked, grabbed 80k a week, copped massive ban - and where are we now? And nothing is ever his fault.

I hope he gets piles sitting in that cold dugout up at Fleetwood. I also hope that Clint says no.

Comment

I'm not sure how Joey can decide who his assistant manager is going to be because he is banned from all football activity until 1 June.......?

Comment

Working...
                          X