Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldR View Post
    Not quite true.

He was still receiving a salary from Millwall as part of his dismissal which he would lose if he took another job outside of television punditry.

Yes his spells at Crystal Palace and Millwall made it unlikely that any 'big' clubs would take a punt on him, but he is still respected and plenty of League One and lower Championship sides would have given him the nod.
    So he’s a mercenary if we apply same rules we did to SWP etc

Comment

Was he playing last night?....Did he keep the hat?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        May be true that he was still being paid by Millwall. It was also true that nobody in the top 2 divisions (other than us) would have gone near him with a barge pole after his record at Millwall. His management career was in tatters!

Comment

I don’t blame him or anyone else hanging on for every pound if truth be told tarbs

Comment

If you had a contract with a company that they ended early would you refuse the opportunity to stay at home for a significant amount of time whilst still bringing home the same money?

You're a liar if you say you wouldn't.

Clubs should impose clear objectives for managers (and possibly players) to meet when constructing contracts and if he fails to meet them he could be sacked without significant compensation if any at all.

The false standards we expect footballers to live up to - that few, if any, of us would - is embarrassing at times. David Seaman and Andy Sinton, to name but two, were subjected to ridiculous abuse bordering on the hysterical for daring to do what everyone of us would: leave a company for more money and/or career development. There's not a single person out there who sings how much they hate Chelsea who wouldn't work for them doing what they do now - if such position was available at Stamford Bridge - if they offered them double their current salary. All this mercenary/Judas rubbish makes us look daft, not the players. It's a job at the end of the day and all we can demand is that whilst players are playing for us they give their best.

Rant over!

Comment

Read my other message

Comment

Read my other message
                Tried to post a picture of a bloke doing thumbs up but it was ENORMOUS....

Comment

Tried to post a picture of a bloke doing thumbs up but it was ENORMOUS....

Comment

[QUOTE=OldR;1693018]If you had a contract with a company that they ended early would you refuse the opportunity to stay at home for a significant amount of time whilst still bringing home the same money?

You're a liar if you say you wouldn't.

Clubs should impose clear objectives for managers (and possibly players) to meet when constructing contracts and if he fails to meet them he could be sacked without significant compensation if any at all.

The false standards we expect footballers to live up to - that few, if any, of us would - is embarrassing at times. David Seaman and Andy Sinton, to name but two, were subjected to ridiculous abuse bordering on the hysterical for daring to do what everyone of us would: leave a company for more money and/or career development. There's not a single person out there who sings how much they hate Chelsea who wouldn't work for them doing what they do now - if such position was available at Stamford Bridge - if they offered them double their current salary. All this mercenary/Judas rubbish makes us look daft, not the players. It's a job at the end of the day and all we can demand is that whilst players are playing for us they give their best.

Rant over![/QUOTE
                    Tbf I hate luton. And I refuse to fly from there or drive through there.my wife's friend's fella is a Luton fan and I never ever spoke to him after he confirmed the fact to me.when we go out as couples I totally blank the cxxk. So in essence I would never play or manage Luton however much I paid
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Rant over!
                      As far as I can recall, the shareholders in our company don't pay an extortionate entrance fee to come and watch me work so they probably wouldn't give a monkeys if I fcked off to a rival company for more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        seems as you come out with the same stuff everytime
                        pot, kettle, black.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          pot, kettle, black.
                          Yep consistantly consistant, and we`re now reaching those levels i had faith in
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            Yep consistantly consistant, and we`re now reaching those levels i had faith in
                            Problem is we have only been reasonably consistent for around half a dozen games and been largely poor in previous 60 odd!

Once Ollie has shown consistency over say 20 games Olliesceptics might be less sceptical. Difficulty is he has had short good spells in the past and then gone on losing runs. 11 months between away wins ring any bells?

I hope he has turned a corner and can show that consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              As far as I can recall, the shareholders in our company don't pay an extortionate entrance fee to come and watch me work so they probably wouldn't give a monkeys if I fcked off to a rival company for more money.
                              We do pay vast sums to watch matches and that is why I said we have a right to demand players give it their best whilst they play for us.

However, we're QPR. We know we're not going to win the league, we know we'll never hear the Champions League anthem at one of our matches nevermind win the Cup and we know that the days where we could provide the national squad with a substantial amount of players aren't coming back.

So what are we hoping for? Do we want players who see us as the best they'll ever do and who rest on their laurels or do we want players who want to play for Man Utd, Chelsea or even Real Madrid or Barcelona but know to do so they'll have to get it right with us?

Yep, we'd love an entire squad full of amazing talent and who, to a man, all support QPR but its not going to happen. So we have to accept that its a job, like any other but better paid, and that players will want to leave for more money and better opportunities. Good luck to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                Still 15 pages long Pinkie, which is pretty good tbf.

Bear in mind too:
                                1) You weren't posting on there, which always increases it by several pages
                                2) The game was a dead rubber for both sides, reflected by the match day attendance too.
                                3) Matchday threads are usually quieter following a win, with many too busy celebrating. Whereas following a defeat they're generally busier with people venting their spleen. And that applies to every forum, not just here.
                                And I'm probably not alone in being bored with the whole thing now. We're not going down, if Holloway stays it will be the same next year - up one minute plain daft the next - and the 4-2 summed it all up....superb start then hoping they didn't get a third with ten to go. Let's see if we have anything fresh to talk about next season depending on who we keep, sell or sign.

Comment

Working...
                                X