Great performance ...... by Ollie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great performance ...... by Ollie!

Probably won’t find much support on here, but I thought he got just about every call right last night. Sylla is not a true “leader of the line”. To me, he’s not at home with his back to the opposition. He wasn’t doing well as an outlet for the team when in the Smith role. I didn’t see him win a single aerial ball until his goal. He is a maverick player that can be a fun luxury for me. I thought the game was much closer than the score suggested. Bringing on Smith was timely ( even though my son pointed out that Sylla could be on for our first hat trick since Charlie’s.)
    Scowen can’t help himself at times. A second yellow was very possible and Manning needs to be getting more game time. Extra energy and more threat around the area too.
    Bright had a really good game, but was tiring and Pavel gave more defensive cover when I felt we needed it.
    Thought the original team selection was good too.
    Not so sure which way I would vote in yet another Ollie in / Ollie out online pole, but certainly made me think. Will put some interest into the last four games for me.

Good post.
    I saw somewhere else that BOS asked to come off as well.

Comment

Agreed I thought he got his subs right and on time no match is about 11 players those sitting on the bench also have a role to play

Comment

Another great result at home, 2 4s on the trot can always tell when we`ve done well with very little posts on the matchday thread lol
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Another great result at home, 2 4s on the trot can always tell when we`ve done well with very little posts on the matchday thread lol
          Positive comment? Check
          Praise, implicitly or direct, for Ollie? Check
          Having a pop at fellow fans and posters? Check.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            can always tell when we`ve done well with very little posts on the matchday thread
            Still 15 pages long Pinkie, which is pretty good tbf.

Bear in mind too:
            1) You weren't posting on there, which always increases it by several pages
            2) The game was a dead rubber for both sides, reflected by the match day attendance too.
            3) Matchday threads are usually quieter following a win, with many too busy celebrating. Whereas following a defeat they're generally busier with people venting their spleen. And that applies to every forum, not just here.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Still 15 pages long Pinkie, which is pretty good tbf.

Bear in mind too:
              1) You weren't posting on there, which always increases it by several pages
              2) The game was a dead rubber for both sides, reflected by the match day attendance too.
              3) Matchday threads are usually quieter following a win, with many too busy celebrating. Whereas following a defeat they're generally busier with people venting their spleen. And that applies to every forum, not just here.
              Yeah, never understood the old "it's always quiet on here when we win" complaint. Of course it is, cos everyone is still in the pub!

Comment

Back in the day Sylla was being asked to play as a one back to goal which didn't suit him. Thats because the whole side was being asked by their manager who play a set up which didn't suit them.

Since then Sylla's time has been limited.

Two fours at home is decent form dead rubber or not, however the abortion in between was distressing to watch and largely the responsibility of a childish piece of tinkering by our own special one. Ollie can have great games but his inconsistency will always be his achilles heel. That and his big mouth.

Comment

well let's have more of it

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Yeah, never understood the old "it's always quiet on here when we win" complaint. Of course it is, cos everyone is still in the pub!
                    Yeah but its a tongue in cheek but usually averages around nearly 30 pages normally

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      Back in the day Sylla was being asked to play as a one back to goal which didn't suit him. Thats because the whole side was being asked by their manager who play a set up which didn't suit them.

Since then Sylla's time has been limited.

Two fours at home is decent form dead rubber or not, however the abortion in between was distressing to watch and largely the responsibility of a childish piece of tinkering by our own special one. Ollie can have great games but his inconsistency will always be his achilles heel. That and his big mouth.
                      Lol big mouth, hes the boss, good job we havnt brian clough bitd, you mention this inconsistency, which atm apart from hull and we should of battered reading, we`ve been quite consistent!

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        well let's have more of it

Comment

If Sylla cannot play with his back to goal and Big Matt is not available then surely you adapt your tactics.
                          Bit of useless information Big Matt's full name is Matthieu James Smith. Although he was born in Birmingham he has one French and one Scottish parent. So he is our Big,Posh,Mongrel Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                            If Sylla cannot play with his back to goal and Big Matt is not available then surely you adapt your tactics.
                            Bit of useless information Big Matt's full name is Matthieu James Smith. Although he was born in Birmingham he has one French and one Scottish parent. So he is our Big,Posh,Mongrel Matt.
                            I read that the other day.

I already knew his old man was Scottish, used to play for Birmingham City didn't he? On that subject, I wonder if Smith is close to a Scotland call up? He's never gonna play for France or England, so I'm assuming he'd accept if asked to play for them!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              I read that the other day.

I already knew his old man was Scottish, used to play for Birmingham City didn't he? On that subject, I wonder if Smith is close to a Scotland call up? He's never gonna play for France or England, so I'm assuming he'd accept if asked to play for them!
                              About time we had a “proper” Jock to cheer for after McMackie!

Comment

Working...
                              X