No announcement yet.

Various

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apart from his other failings, Ollie's tactical inconsistency is a trademark.

I said before the game even started yesterday that playing Eze as a one on his tod was an obvious mistake. And a manager at this level shouldn't be making errors like that, end of.

If he stays, I predict mid / bottom half at best. Money will be where mouth is for any takers.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
      The debate was who bought him and why? He was paraded with his shirt so was a'signing' not a development project. It must be very unlikely that Holloway signed him as he is not Holloway's type of player so we have a DOF system that isn't a DOF system and this was money wasted.
      I make you right on all of this! Whoever made the loan decision wasn't as lost maybe as many of us thought at the time, I guess time will tell on this one!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        Fair enough but the footballs been gradually improving to the point we are really good apart from our first off day yesterday in the last 7/8 matches! we have been playing some superb stuff and just shows how stubborn you are not to notice that along with furtive, and this we are only a long ball rubbish, we are mixing it up which does teams right in which you was bigging us up for last week, now today and yesterday youre coming out with we are only a long ball team and everyone knows it or simular! all good teams back in the day always had a striker whos a target man and mixing it up, headings a big part of the game and always has been, god knows why you have changed youre opinion again just cos we had a off day.
        I would agree with you there mate. There has been gradual improvement but that don’t excuse what went before neither does it mean we’re playing great stuff now as we’re not. But yes it is better then it was I’m liking we are able mix our game up but I would counter it’s not me being stubborn it’s you as we are a direct team and I honestly don’t get why you can’t just hold hands up to that. I don’t mind being direct and mixing it up but I do mind people making out what we’re watching is something which it’s not

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
          West’s living reasonably close to Brizzle and having pals who watch regularly what they have managed to do this season is with more or less the same squad that were near the relegation zone last season. This time last season everybody was calling for the manager to be sacked not just on forums but in local press & tv. Their chairman ignored all those calls and their progress this season is there for all to see, although I think they will be a little bit short this year
          And they were calling for his head last week again after they lost to Brentford, I thought that was harsh given their league position.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            I would agree with you there mate. There has been gradual improvement but that don’t excuse what went before neither does it mean we’re playing great stuff now as we’re not. But yes it is better then it was I’m liking we are able mix our game up but I would counter it’s not me being stubborn it’s you as we are a direct team and I honestly don’t get why you can’t just hold hands up to that. I don’t mind being direct and mixing it up but I do mind people making out what we’re watching is something which it’s not
            Rubbish westy, we`ve been playing so much better, little one twos and short quick passing, movements been great and outplaying everything infront of us, if thats just gradual ill eat my hat lol, why would anyone hold their hands up to admit we`re just a long ball team when we`re not?! amazes me how you said opposite last week lol
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Rubbish westy, we`ve been playing so much better, little one twos and short quick passing, movements been great and outplaying everything infront of us, if thats just gradual ill eat my hat lol, why would anyone hold their hands up to admit we`re just a long ball team when we`re not?! amazes me how you said opposite last week lol
              This hat of yours, would it happen to be Peaky Blinders style?

Agree, we looked much better for a handful of games. Ollie has had about 70 games and yesterday showed he still can't resist tinkering and doing daft things. Simply cannot be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Agree, we looked much better for a handful of games. Ollie has had about 70 games and yesterday showed he still can't resist tinkering and doing daft things. Simply cannot be trusted.
                You have come up with exactly the right phrase there Furtive - he can't be trusted. He talks about consistency but he is the most inconsistent factor we have. I was looking forward to finishing the season gathering some momentum......then he plays an inexperienced kid in a totally unsuitable role to the detriment of all concerned.

Comment

If you had your way furtive youd be getting a new manager in straight away & what then when all of a sudden we start going pearshaped again and all this works undone! and as for tinkering he made two changes! yes he tried eze upfront which he wont do again, but we had enough issues yesterday, it was just one of those days everyone gets here and there, so no need for the panicking toys outta the pram style & see how we do after this, dont think sylla uptop from the start wouldnt of made the whole difference tbh

Comment

Because last week we spent most the first half throwing ball forward to Smith however second half we, as you said, played some neat and tidy stuff (we agree) but playing bit of neat stuff in patches does not wipe out all the direct stuff either side of it. Fulham, wolves and villa are playing smart football for most the game that’s not us. I would actually put our style on a par with Cardiff, who are also direct, there just better at it then us

Plus you were saying last season we were playing good stuff when it was dire and p iss poor so forgive me if I take your view on how great it is now with a pinch of salt.

It is my opinion direct, in recent times bit of class thrown in, football however from the villa game there has been significant improvement (that’s where we agree) we’re still direct but are now playing bit of football too which I’m over the moon about as it adds to the depth of our game.

I would love to watch the game with your glasses and only see the positives but all I’m doing is giving honest opinion of what I believe I’m seeing from sitting in the ground 90% of games watching it. We don’t agree that’s fine each to their own

Comment

If you had your way furtive youd be getting a new manager in straight away & what then when all of a sudden we start going pearshaped again and all this works undone! and as for tinkering he made two changes! yes he tried eze upfront which he wont do again, but we had enough issues yesterday, it was just one of those days everyone gets here and there, so no need for the panicking toys outta the pram style & see how we do after this, dont think sylla uptop from the start wouldnt of made the whole difference tbh
                      What about the hat?

One of those days? Had a hell of a lot of those over last two seasons. Not all, but a lot, due to odd selections and tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Because last week we spent most the first half throwing ball forward to Smith however second half we, as you said, played some neat and tidy stuff (we agree) but playing bit of neat stuff in patches does not wipe out all the direct stuff either side of it. Fulham, wolves and villa are playing smart football for most the game that’s not us. I would actually put our style on a par with Cardiff, who are also direct, there just better at it then us

Plus you were saying last season we were playing good stuff when it was dire and p iss poor so forgive me if I take your view on how great it is now with a pinch of salt.

It is my opinion direct, in recent times bit of class thrown in, football however from the villa game there has been significant improvement (that’s where we agree) we’re still direct but are now playing bit of football too which I’m over the moon about as it adds to the depth of our game.

I would love to watch the game with your glasses and only see the positives but all I’m doing is giving honest opinion of what I believe I’m seeing from sitting in the ground 90% of games watching it. We don’t agree that’s fine each to their own
                        Ah thank you for taking my view with a pinch of salt lol, we have been playing some great stuff so i really am not bothered if you think we arent, as i know we are lol, also its been spotted and noted from others managers/clubs/fans so.....

Comment

What about the hat?

One of those days? Had a hell of a lot of those over last two seasons. Not all, but a lot, due to odd selections and tactics.
                          You are loving it aint yer furtive, be honest? seems as youve not had much chance of late son hey if we was the other team youd be saying, we`ve had luck on our side, 2nd goal was lucky off their goallie & only 2 attempts=2 goals, they had there main striker out and one of their defenders went off injured, then they should of scored with luongos effort

Comment

What about the hat?

It gets soo boring with youre same comments about the last few seasons furtive, we`re looking infront not behind, its no good dwelling on the past son, and rome wasnt built in one day

Comment

Never learned a thing from playing Wheeler as a lone striker against Derby so plays potentially a very good up there on his own yesterday. Strange considering we did do well on Monday.

Comment

It gets soo boring with youre same comments about the last few seasons furtive, we`re looking infront not behind, its no good dwelling on the past son, and rome wasnt built in one day
                                Why do you have such unquestioning love and loyalty for Ollie?

As for the great man he has always been the same. Inconsistent, daft selections and tactics. At times odd behaviour. We need better to really progress. Should have stayed a novelty pundit.

Comment

Working...
                                X