Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mem View Post
    Just a few points, as I'm bored!!

Central defence - with no Lynch or Neds, I wonder whether Holloway will give Perch a chance, or will it be Baptise and Robbo? Sheffield Wednesday have been scoring a few goals of late so that pairing worries the life out of me! Wouldn't surprise me if we go back to a back 5 to shore things up!

Holloway and his motivational speeches - I'm glad he has admitted they have no impact. I'm 51 years old and I cringe every time he speaks - God knows what a 19 or 20 year old would think?!

Smith - he gets a lot of abuse but he is so important to us. We have no one else who can hold the ball up. Sylla is too lightweight

Robbo/Neds - hope they both sign new contracts but looks unlikely. Hope we have some defenders lined up

Defensive record - only 3 championship teams have conceded less than us and whilst we have had injuries, man for man we have some decent defenders. Smithies is supposed to be amongst the best in the league. We simply must get a good defensive coach in

Washington - dropped or did he have the mystery virus or does nobody care!!

Next season - we clearly need to strengthen so the odd big defeat is a massive wake up call and hopefully makes the board realise that we need additions

FFP - what are the next steps and or timelines. It's hanging over us

Tony - I don't mind the bloke to be honest but he only tweets when we win and goes AWOL when we lose. You can't have it both ways Tony

Last 3 home games - the club should do everything they can to fill the stadium via local schools, cheap tickets etc - otherwise we will barely get 12000

Relegation- come on, who is secretly looking at everyone's remaining fixtures and thinking if we lose every game could we go down. I personally am scarred after last seasons debacle and with no central defenders concerned about picking up many more points

Young players - I hope we are in talks with them and using Josh Bowler as an example as to not rushing to get to 'big' club

Told you I was bored, comments and views gratefully received
    Baptiste and Eze? He can always 'hold his hands up' after, admit his mistake and everything will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Fox we've spent zero money, I am delighted with the league table. Wolves are top of the league with spending 35m on 2 players, surely that pretty much sums up modern day football
      So have Millwall only 800k, Sheff Utd, Brentford, Preston and Bristol City all Superior sides. Why is that??

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        Fox we've spent zero money, I am delighted with the league table. Wolves are top of the league with spending 35m on 2 players, surely that pretty much sums up modern day football
        We had a half decent squad and didn't lose anyone of note either so not bad starting point. Don't expect you to agree but I think an average Championship standard manager playing sensible formation geared towards strength of squad would have done fair bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          Yep, handful of good games proves what an amazing manager your idiot hero is. What about the other 90% of his reign?
          Beat me too it. For every good game (90mins not second half) we could probably name two bad

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Beat me too it. For every good game (90mins not second half) we could probably name two bad
            This

Comment

Mate I’ve not mentioned youngsters think it’s great they are in and around it so we’re on same page with that. We will never agree on the football though as your impressed with it while I genuinely think what we play is rubbish football in all honesty, the worst football I have watched following the team (again my personal opinion) we get glimpses of what we could do like norwich or villa, but in the main it is s hite ala what was served up yesterday.

Way more examples of Hull efforts then Norwich that is a fact
              Fair enough but the footballs been gradually improving to the point we are really good apart from our first off day yesterday in the last 7/8 matches! we have been playing some superb stuff and just shows how stubborn you are not to notice that along with furtive, and this we are only a long ball rubbish, we are mixing it up which does teams right in which you was bigging us up for last week, now today and yesterday youre coming out with we are only a long ball team and everyone knows it or simular! all good teams back in the day always had a striker whos a target man and mixing it up, headings a big part of the game and always has been, god knows why you have changed youre opinion again just cos we had a off day.
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

We had a half decent squad and didn't lose anyone of note either so not bad starting point. Don't expect you to agree but I think an average Championship standard manager playing sensible formation geared towards strength of squad would have done fair bit better.
                And theres westy upset about ollie disrespecting fans then there you go calling ollie a idiot lol, admit it furtive youve been gagging to get back on the bitching lol?

Results hadnt gone well for you in the last 7/8 games apart from 1

Comment

There are so many on here who are just not going to warm up to Holloway no matter what, they have their opinions which I mostly respect, it's just not going to change, I don't see Ollie going anywhere soon after doing a reasonable job of keeping us up with weeks to spare, it could have been better, it could have been worse! Goss is a great example, when he had a few good matches up in Scotland all the haters were out slagging Ollie for loaning him out, my Rangers mates who follow them closely are now saying he's really regressed and is too lightweight for that league, maybe it was a good move to lend him out?
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                    There are so many on here who are just not going to warm up to Holloway no matter what, they have their opinions which I mostly respect, it's just not going to change, I don't see Ollie going anywhere soon after doing a reasonable job of keeping us up with weeks to spare, it could have been better, it could have been worse! Goss is a great example, when he had a few good matches up in Scotland all the haters were out slagging Ollie for loaning him out, my Rangers mates who follow them closely are now saying he's really regressed and is too lightweight for that league, maybe it was a good move to lend him out?
                    Exactly gator, good post and tru

Comment

Holloway too inconsistent. He has these little runs which keep him in a job but overall poor.

Don't think we have amazing squad but believe reasonable. People say we don't spend, which is right, but what they don't say is we haven't sold either. That means we have an ok team who have mainly had time to gel. Where we have struggled has been with Ollie's poor tactics and selections.

We shouldn't have expected this squad to be in a relegation battle so can't see Ollie has done great by us not being down there. Don't forget the 11 months between away wins and his various losing runs. Not the marks of a good manager.

You are right about him not going anywhere. Such a shame as someone half decent could do something with this team. Solid base and few youngsters starting to come through. As it is we can just expect more of the same for probably a couple of years or more. An opportunity lost.

Comment

Holloway too inconsistent. He has these little runs which keep him in a job but overall poor.

Don't think we have amazing squad but believe reasonable. People say we don't spend, which is right, but what they don't say is we haven't sold either. That means we have an ok team who have mainly had time to gel. Where we have struggled has been with Ollie's poor tactics and selections.

We shouldn't have expected this squad to be in a relegation battle so can't see Ollie has done great by us not being down there. Don't forget the 11 months between away wins and his various losing runs. Not the marks of a good manager.

You are right about him not going anywhere. Such a shame as someone half decent could do something with this team. Solid base and few youngsters starting to come through. As it is we can just expect more of the same for probably a couple of years or more. An opportunity lost.
                        This is an issue I have with Ollie, too much chopping and changing sometimes, it's not just him that's inconsistent though, the players have been as well, yes I know you can blame playing odd systems or ones that don't fit their strengths but these are professional footballers who should be able to adapt! Take Luongo for example who has been mostly good for us this year, was the brutal pass that set up their 1st goal yesterday all attributed to us playing a false 9? As I have posted many times, I'm not sure who of any worth as a manger would really want to step in to this situation we are in with FFP looming and uncertainty from the board as to what they are going to commit to!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

This is an issue I have with Ollie, too much chopping and changing sometimes, it's not just him that's inconsistent though, the players have been as well, yes I know you can blame playing odd systems or ones that don't fit their strengths but these are professional footballers who should be able to adapt! Take Luongo for example who has been mostly good for us this year, was the brutal pass that set up their 1st goal yesterday all attributed to us playing a false 9? As I have posted many times, I'm not sure who of any worth as a manger would really want to step in to this situation we are in with FFP looming and uncertainty from the board as to what they are going to commit to!
                          FFP doesn't help but London based Championship side, reasonable squad and infrastructure. Could see it appealing to managers here and abroad. Certainly better standard than what we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            Ha fanbase will start to turn, on here it turns after the managers first 2 games and continues after every game regardless of result lol
                            I’m talking TF not Olly 😉

Comment

So have Millwall only 800k, Sheff Utd, Brentford, Preston and Bristol City all Superior sides. Why is that??
                              West’s living reasonably close to Brizzle and having pals who watch regularly what they have managed to do this season is with more or less the same squad that were near the relegation zone last season. This time last season everybody was calling for the manager to be sacked not just on forums but in local press & tv. Their chairman ignored all those calls and their progress this season is there for all to see, although I think they will be a little bit short this year

Comment

The debate was who bought him and why? He was paraded with his shirt so was a'signing' not a development project. It must be very unlikely that Holloway signed him as he is not Holloway's type of player so we have a DOF system that isn't a DOF system and this was money wasted.

Comment

Working...
                                X