• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't someone on here say he is a League 1 player

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post
      Many did.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post
        I bet the same ones now want 15m for him

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          What value would you put on him with two years left on his contract? We got £6m for Matt Phillips.
          How long did Phillips have on his contract? I'm thinking one year, but not 100% on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
            How long did Phillips have on his contract? I'm thinking one year, but not 100% on that.
            Yeah, I thought he only had a year to go too. I think they realised the error of not cashing in on Austin and getting very little for him with only six months to go. There was talk that we turned down £12m for Charlie when he had a year to go and then let him go for £4m six months later. If players don't sign new contracts with 12 months to go we should sell them

Comment

I think Phillips is a far better player. Different positions I know but Phillips has won us games in the premiership whilst Mass has played OK in an OK championship team.

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                I think Phillips is a far better player. Different positions I know but Phillips has won us games in the premiership whilst Mass has played OK in an OK championship team.
                Seems there is a decent chance that Luongo might be playing in a higher division than Phillips next season though, doesn't it?

Regardless, can't use the Phillips fee as any sort of benchmark as to what Mas is worth. Transfer market has gone crackers in the years that have passed since we sold Phillips. A better benchmark is other Championship players that have been sold to Premiership clubs in the last few transfer windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Seems there is a decent chance that Luongo might be playing in a higher division than Phillips next season though, doesn't it?

Regardless, can't use the Phillips fee as any sort of benchmark as to what Mas is worth. Transfer market has gone crackers in the years that have passed since we sold Phillips. A better benchmark is other Championship players that have been sold to Premiership clubs in the last few transfer windows.
                  You also have to consider the fact that he's a pretty regular player (and a good one) for his international side.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Really rate mass and only thing he lacks in my book is pace

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                      Far better player? Seriously?
                      Mass has loads more to offer than Phillips who I found very frustrating when he played for us.

Comment

I wish him well. Never made a real difference to our mediocre side.

Comment

We won't get £15 million,or £12 million or £8 million for him like many expect,I would suspect if any club offered £6 million for him this summer the club would sell and Holloway might get £1 million of it to spend

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            We won't get £15 million,or £12 million or £8 million for him like many expect,I would suspect if any club offered £6 million for him this summer the club would sell and Holloway might get £1 million of it to spend
                            Surely that fee would only apply if a championship team bought him? I think that's a fair shout in those circumstances.

But any premiership team could go higher and you just hope multiple clubs want him. That World Cup though, knee jerk silly buys can happen. What a shop window, and it wouldn't bother me if the club kept him out of our side so he doesn't get injured beforehand.

I hope £10-15m but realistically your probably not far off the mark.

Comment

This is not a normal window and it's not a normal time in football. This is a player who's had an excellent season, a superb end to the season with his goals and will be going to the world cup as a potential break out in his side.

He'll be an 8 figure player this summer.

Comment

Luoctogon

Comment

Working...
                                X