No announcement yet.

Summer Transfer & Twitter Rumour Thread 2018/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We certainly won't be spending£4 million on anyone,the non league player sounds our level if hes good,actually crazy rumours are down on other years (if you can exclude the consortium nonsense )

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post

Seen him play,qpr? Is he what we need,do you think?
      Plenty on times Shania, he reminds me of Charlie Austin but obviously a budget Charlie Austin.

only concern is he didnít start at Stevenage very well but grew confidence. Bear in mind thatís league 2. I do think heís better then Washington

!!! Grant Hall is brilliant !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr View Post

Plenty on times Shania, he reminds me of Charlie Austin but obviously a budget Charlie Austin.

only concern is he didnít start at Stevenage very well but grew confidence. Bear in mind thatís league 2. I do think heís better then Washington
        could he make the step up to the championship? i like look of christian doidge more, any info on him bud?

Comment

Ok. Thanks,qpr. I read a bit about him last night, and I was happy when I found out that his playing style is a bit like Vardy`s aswell. My point is that I would like us to have attackers who chase down defenders effectively and can score a goal too.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

My point is that I would like us to have attackers who chase down defenders effectively and can score a goal too.

We've already got Washington who does that well - well apart from the score goals bit

Comment

• Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
              Never heard of him. What sort of player is he?
              i live in Stevenage so sometimes go to Stevenage games as a local team. He is very good! I would say a Vardy type yes. Quick, very good finish and knows where the net is. he come out of Vardy's V9 academy and impressed me everytime I've watched him. Championship is a big step up though

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post

could he make the step up to the championship? i like look of christian doidge more, any info on him bud?
                Honestly couldnít tell you if he could make the step up but Iíd support him in the knowledge that if he finds his confidence he could be a gem of a signing

im hoping we sign him

Comment

• Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post

We've already got Washington who does that well - well apart from the score goals bit
                  That`s the problem with him, isn`t it.

QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

• If Washington could score he could be one hell of a striker. Thing is I feel Holloway has given Washington a fair chance & he hasnít take it.

Comment

If Washington could score he could be one hell of a striker. Thing is I feel Holloway has given Washington a fair chance & he hasnít take it.
                      I agree. I would like us to keep Sylla and probably get rid of Washington. I say probably just because SM may want to see whether or not he can coach him better than Olli. Who knows?
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• I don't know what it is, but I cannot see why Sylla seems to score. He just seems so awkward how he kicks a ball he gives off the impression he is rubbish, but then scores. That is just my opinion of him not saying the is rubbish, just how he looks to me.

Whereas Washington looks like he should be good. Pretty quick, strong, good touch ... but can't hit a barn door.

Funny how perceptions and reality can be so different.

Comment

I don't know what it is, but I cannot see why Sylla seems to score. He just seems so awkward how he kicks a ball he gives off the impression he is rubbish, but then scores. That is just my opinion of him not saying the is rubbish, just how he looks to me.

Whereas Washington looks like he should be good. Pretty quick, strong, good touch ... but can't hit a barn door.

Quite simple really, Sylla gets himself into the right positions whereas Washington just gets himself into a panic.

Comment

I don't know what it is, but I cannot see why Sylla seems to score. He just seems so awkward how he kicks a ball he gives off the impression he is rubbish, but then scores. That is just my opinion of him not saying the is rubbish, just how he looks to me.

Has Washington got enough chances in a little and large combination. I.e. alongside Matt Smith for 90 minutes. I just wonder,
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Has Washington got enough chances in a little and large combination. I.e. alongside Matt Smith for 90 minutes. I just wonder,
                              he needs to do what Andy Cole done while at United. Spend hours on the training ground hitting the net
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• I don't think its about partnerships with Washington as whenever he does have chances whoever he's playing with he either misses the target completely or shoots straight at the keeper. It does seem as if he has a calmness issue. Almost like he sees the goal and in between seeing it and engaging his foot to the ball his mind goes blank and just hits and hopes. Good players pick a place they want the ball to go and kick it there. We never seem to see him pick his spot like a Messi or a Mahrez does. Hopefully with a good bit of coaching from McClaren will see him get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X