If Millwall can do it...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Millwall can do it...........

Just looked at table and their in with a serious chance of getting in the play offs and if they do sneak in with their momentum I would probably back them to go up

They don’t have a better squad then us, so if we continue to progress and identify a 15-20 goal season striker then why can’t we push for top six next year. With the kids we have been transformed if we keep them and hold on most of the others we should be able give it a good go

For me the most important signing close season will be holding on too Ned

I look at Millwall and I don’t see a club or team which is superior to us, everything they can do so can we. So why can’t we give it a right go next season?

Absolutely no reason why not. Strangely I think it's good we didn't do better this season, because it's given us more time to settle away from the spotlight glare of a play-off/promotion push. I think we'll be in much better shape to have a tilt next season. If we could only get the FFP thing sorted, we'd be in great shape.

Comment

Good OP and ditto Huddersfield last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        Absolutely no reason why not. Strangely I think it's good we didn't do better this season, because it's given us more time to settle away from the spotlight glare of a play-off/promotion push. I think we'll be in much better shape to have a tilt next season. If we could only get the FFP thing sorted, we'd be in great shape.
        I agree. A summer of sorting FFP and tying down and retaining some of our best players would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          They don’t have a better squad then us
          On paper but they don't half work well together. One of the best sides I've seen at home all season and probably would have thumped us had they not got a man sent off in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            One of the best sides I've seen at home all season
            Thought exactly the same. Surprised how few others mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Thought exactly the same. Surprised how few others mentioned it.
              You would have to fancy them if they got in the playoffs with the momentum they would have.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                You would have to fancy them if they got in the playoffs with the momentum they would have.
                Probably would but they've got some ####ing tough games coming up - virtually all of the teams around them.

Get through them and I'd stick dough on them getting promoted.

Comment

They've done well no doubt but be fair they've been building for this for quite a while their fans have shown patience , where we've shown petulance and wanted to be up there from August even after saying we would be mid table at best , you have to ask are our expectation to high

Comment

I’m not sure they have been building towards it Dogs. Think they have just good good manager and decent set of lads which have come together at right time. They have been relegated few times in last few years that surely was not their plan if they had one

Comment

100% could, never had an issue with the players we've got for progressing... With out making this an Ollie thread, it really does revolve around him and his decision making whether we make that promotion push or not. As for the players we have, yes we could!

Also agree with Hubs about not going up. With our recent form its given players a proper chance to see what their teammates are about and really get to know their strengths....also weaknesses from previous performances.
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I would happily go up not spend a penny and just clear outstanding debts and be on front foot financially for first time in years

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          I’m not sure they have been building towards it Dogs. Think they have just good good manager and decent set of lads which have come together at right time. They have been relegated few times in last few years that surely was not their plan if they had one
                          They've built a team understanding Westy of course going down isn't a plan but they know what each other can do , where as with us we've wasted two and half years prior to this one , ok the dreaded three at the back didn't progress but we now seem to have broken into a side with understanding , what we need now is a stabilised squad from next August onwards without the silly name calling and keep our expectations under control

Comment

I don’t know why but I see another Reading situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger
                              Sometimes that's the fixtures you want as your fate is in your hands.
                              At this time of the season every game is a cup final can go either way even more so
                              at the bottom and the top

Comment

Working...
                              X