X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract Lengths - Next Season

Morning all,

New user here so go easy...

I'm already looking forward to next season and believe if Holloway can keep this group of players together for one more season, get his tactics right add a proven goal scorer and top class CB we can really give it a go next year (playoffs).

Following on from this, do we know how long the likes of Freeman, Luongo, Eze, Smith, Smyth, Scowen, Smithies, Manning, Wszolek, Oteh all have left on their contracts?

Would be interested how you reckon we would go next year if we hold onto the core and add one or two good bits of business, like we did last summer...

Belated welcome to the board delboy
    As many on here have said already, if we can keep this team together and add 1 or 2 during summer, we would definitely be looking to a top half finish if not play offs.
    However, the white elephant in the room is the unknown entity if FFP and how it will impact us.
    I guess time will tell.
    In reference to contract lengths, I'm sure one of our regulars will be along shortly to answer those questions.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by delboyranger View Post
      Morning all,

New user here so go easy...

I'm already looking forward to next season and believe if Holloway can keep this group of players together for one more season, get his tactics right add a proven goal scorer and top class CB we can really give it a go next year (playoffs).

Following on from this, do we know how long the likes of Freeman, Luongo, Eze, Smith, Smyth, Scowen, Smithies, Manning, Wszolek, Oteh all have left on their contracts?

Would be interested how you reckon we would go next year if we hold onto the core and add one or two good bits of business, like we did last summer...
      Smyth's current deal expires 2019, as does Pawel, Bidwell, Furlong, Sylla, Washington, Lynch, Hall, Cousins, Baptiste & Hamalainen. The rest of the squad (aside from the 6 players with contracts expiring in June of this year) expire in 2020.

The only first team player I actually can't find or remember accurate information for is Oteh. Last I heard, his deal may be up at the end of this season too. But I'm really not sure.
      Last edited by Tarbie; 04-04-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/quee...saison_id/2017

Welcome to the forum!
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

washington a million and 8 let's sell sell sell

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            washington a million and 8 let's sell sell sell
            In reality, we'll struggle to find anyone willing to cover his wages, let alone pay a fee I think. Unless he's happy to take a pay cut we're probably stuck with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              In reality, we'll struggle to find anyone willing to cover his wages, let alone pay a fee I think. Unless he's happy to take a pay cut we're probably stuck with him.
              I doubt it will be wages that means we are stuck with him.....goal scoring record more likely !

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                i cant see washo being on anymore than 15k and i doubt hes on that anyway, probably more around the 8k-10k mark imo. i don't get the vibe that washo is a money grabber either, he seems like he just really wants to be a footballer and probably wants to step back down to league 1 anyway as he must know hes not cut out for this level sadly for him. there will be lots of league 1 clubs that'd jump at paying a million for him as he had a prolific half season there, heck, if i supported a league 1 club i'd be over the moon if my team picked up washington as he should easily get 20 goals a season at that level. we could use him in a swap deal+cash for someone like marriot (assuming peterbrough don't get promoted) or even a swap outright for bradshaw from barnsley as bradshaw would fit well into our system and no doubt wants to remain at this level after barnsley inevitably go down

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  i cant see washo being on anymore than 15k and i doubt hes on that anyway, probably more around the 8k-10k mark imo. i don't get the vibe that washo is a money grabber either, he seems like he just really wants to be a footballer and probably wants to step back down to league 1 anyway as he must know hes not cut out for this level sadly for him. there will be lots of league 1 clubs that'd jump at paying a million for him as he had a prolific half season there, heck, if i supported a league 1 club i'd be over the moon if my team picked up washington as he should easily get 20 goals a season at that level. we could use him in a swap deal+cash for someone like marriot (assuming peterbrough don't get promoted) or even a swap outright for bradshaw from barnsley as bradshaw would fit well into our system and no doubt wants to remain at this level after barnsley inevitably go down
                  Came here highly rated for 3m quid mate. He'll be one of our top earners for sure.

Point is, even if it's as little as 10k per week, it's more than he'd get in League 1. And it's becoming pretty apparent that League 1 is about his level. As such, I doubt anyone will pick up his wages. We'll be left either having to pay him off for the difference or allowing him to see out his contract with us.
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 05-04-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    even a swap outright for bradshaw from barnsley as bradshaw would fit well into our system and no doubt wants to remain at this level after barnsley inevitably go down
                    Jeez...frying pan / fire.....

Comment

Working...
                    X