Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the team we’ve been waiting for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the team we’ve been waiting for...

I know one can be tempted to read too much into one game, but yesterday’s glorious win signaled something we haven’t seen in a long time: the look and feel of a winner. If we kept this same squad moving forward (sans Mackie, Conor, and a few less essential players) there’s no reason to think we couldn’t (and shouldn’t) seriously challenge for the playoffs next season. We have dazzling youth, an emerging tree of opportunity (Smith) in the middle, a suddenly buoyant playmaker in Luongo, and a renewed Chief at the back. Must admit even Ollie feels good again, especially as he’s replaced dissing fans with praising them. Very bullish about the future, FFP and all.

reckon we could do something next season as well , but it was a poor norwich side we took apart y'day

Comment

The future does feel exciting, but FFP is like the ugly bird at a party that nobody will admit to bringing.
      It's the not knowing what the #### is going on that we all find frustrating, that only leaves us to speculate and worry the cr ap out of each other.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        The future does feel exciting, but FFP is like the ugly bird at a party that nobody will admit to bringing.
        It's the not knowing what the #### is going on that we all find frustrating, that only leaves us to speculate and worry the cr ap out of each other.
        sadly this is true. as much as i'd love for us to get ahead of ourselves as we have a solid team now and only need to bring in a couple of players it'll be the ffp that'll do us in. coz of the ffp and our needing to balance the books it'll be a few years until we can properly be on a level footing and pushing for promotion, plus we've got the training ground to build too which will no doubt cost millions

Comment

Next season will be good even if don't go up , believe me the football will be good and exciting

Comment

I do worry if we can keep this team together, fears that FFP will cause sales of the likes of Smithie and would see us lose Robinson and Onouha

However the club must take lots of credit for building in a short time and production line of great young players, I guess we should think if we sell Smithie for £5million in the summer but buy 3-4 young players of which two could be first teamers in 12 months then that's fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              sadly this is true. as much as i'd love for us to get ahead of ourselves as we have a solid team now and only need to bring in a couple of players it'll be the ffp that'll do us in. coz of the ffp and our needing to balance the books it'll be a few years until we can properly be on a level footing and pushing for promotion, plus we've got the training ground to build too which will no doubt cost millions
              Disagree mate.

What is being speculated about FFP is a maximum fine of 40m quid. I doubt it will end up being anything like that given it's been under dispute from day 1, and the fact that nobody else in England has been hit with a fine anything like that. Surely common sense will prevail and it will end up being something that won't bankrupt the club. It's also worth noting that Tony has already said that the board will take responsibility for the fine and will do all they can to ensure the club will not be burdened with the fine.

Aside from all that I've said above, we also need to take comfort in the fact that talented home grown players are being sold at such a premium in today's market. Josh Bowler went for 3m quid without ever actually doing anything, and he hasn't kicked a ball since. If he's worth 3m quid then Eze and Smyth will be worth somewhere between 10 and 20m each by the end of next season, if they keep doing what they are doing. And as ridiculous as that sounds, I'm probably accurate with my numbers. We need to trust that the club has finally got the youth policy and scouting correct, and we are developing talented young players. This is what will save the club in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                Next season will be good even if don't go up , believe me the football will be good and exciting

Hope so. I think we'll be a top 10 side if we can shift some of the players who are out of their depth / past their sell-by date and get in a couple of decent bargains.

Comment

Agree with this. As for losing players from the current squad let’s assume we see Smithies, Sylla, Robinson and Freeman leave for more promising wages. Still leaves a very interesting core, especially when u consider we may have another diamond or two in the rough in the likes of Chair or Oteh or Asayi-Samuel. Still feel we could compete for the playoffs.
                  Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Disagree mate.

What is being speculated about FFP is a maximum fine of 40m quid. I doubt it will end up being anything like that given it's been under dispute from day 1, and the fact that nobody else in England has been hit with a fine anything like that. Surely common sense will prevail and it will end up being something that won't bankrupt the club. It's also worth noting that Tony has already said that the board will take responsibility for the fine and will do all they can to ensure the club will not be burdened with the fine.

Aside from all that I've said above, we also need to take comfort in the fact that talented home grown players are being sold at such a premium in today's market. Josh Bowler went for 3m quid without ever actually doing anything, and he hasn't kicked a ball since. If he's worth 3m quid then Eze and Smyth will be worth somewhere between 10 and 20m each by the end of next season, if they keep doing what they are doing. And as ridiculous as that sounds, I'm probably accurate with my numbers. We need to trust that the club has finally got the youth policy and scouting correct, and we are developing talented young players. This is what will save the club in my opinion.

Comment

Ffp
                    Is a joke.should drop the fair bit
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I like it too, but we've had 2 seasons of good runs followed by god-awful ones.
                      And not sure that there is evidence that Holloway has jettisoned Washington and Mackie either...

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                        Any costs for stadium and training facilities are exempt from the FFP calculation (well, the investment/depreciation is exempt, not the running cost), so of all the worries with FFP the investment in training facilities are not one of them.
                        Last edited by QPROslo; 03-04-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Disagree mate.

I am not quite sure I agree. I think the FFP fine of £40-60m or whatever it is (nobody knows) will likely be reduced. However, my fear is much more connected to the fact we are about to break the FFP rules again, by ranking up a three year aggregate loss of more than £39m, which is the maximum under present rules for a Championship club. If we are to avoid/reduce the first fine we need to ensure we comply with present FFP rules so we don't get a second fine. That will be detrimental to the appeal process. I cannot see how we can do that during the next two seasons without selling players for a substantial amount.

However, I agree with you that we have some real great assets in Eze, Smith & co and this might help us out financially, even though it feels a bitter pill to swallow.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                            I am not quite sure I agree. I think the FFP fine of £40-60m or whatever it is (nobody knows) will likely be reduced. However, my fear is much more connected to the fact we are about to break the FFP rules again, by ranking up a three year aggregate loss of more than £39m, which is the maximum under present rules for a Championship club. If we are to avoid/reduce the first fine we need to ensure we comply with present FFP rules so we don't get a second fine. That will be detrimental to the appeal process. I cannot see how we can do that during the next two seasons without selling players for a substantial amount.

However, I agree with you that we have some real great assets in Eze, Smith & co and this might help us out financially, even though it feels a bitter pill to swallow.
                            I've said on a few posts that I suspect we'll have to sell one or 2 players mate. But if that's how it is, I'm sure we'll cope. As much as I'd love to keep hold of everyone, there are a few players we could sell for big fees that we can manage without.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                              But we shagged her two months ago and now she's claiming she's up the duff!

Comment

Working...
                              X