Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crystal palace and brighton watching the game yesterday

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/c...ity-youngsters

i'm not overly worried about us losing our young players as it makes no sense selling the likes of eze amd smyth unless we got a stupid offer for them, plus i don't think they'll leave anyway.

i reckon they were checking out smithies, freeman and luongo who'll all be off in the summer imo. will be sad to see them go but its not something that really bothers me much as they're all replaceable although luongo will be hard to replace as he can do everything in the middle of the pitch.

tbh i'd actually sell smithies given the chance, lumley is more than ready to step up now and we'd get about 6m for smithies imo which would go a long way in shoring up our defence and attack

Originally posted by corbray View Post

i'm not overly worried about us losing our young players as it makes no sense selling the likes of eze amd smyth unless we got a stupid offer for them, plus i don't think they'll leave anyway.

i reckon they were checking out smithies, freeman and luongo who'll all be off in the summer imo. will be sad to see them go but its not something that really bothers me much as they're all replaceable although luongo will be hard to replace as he can do everything in the middle of the pitch.

tbh i'd actually sell smithies given the chance, lumley is more than ready to step up now and we'd get about 6m for smithies imo which would go a long way in shoring up our defence and attack
    Wow, he has only played half a dozen games yet, premier league teams are now watching.

It's imperative that we tie down the likes of eze, Luongo, Furlong to long term contracts so we can get maximum value if or when the big boys come calling
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Yeah, I think it's more likely to be Freeman, Luongo or Smithies that are being watched. Both Smyth and Eze need games at the moment, not a step up the leagues (that said, either of Palace or Brighton could be down in the Championship with us in a few months). I think both would also cost a lot of money. Could also be Ned or Robbo they're looking at given they're both available for nothing.

I wouldn't be opposed to either Freeman or Smithies leaving. Smithies has been such a great servant that I think we'd be wrong to stand in his way if good money came in from a bigger club. Freeman, whilst talented, I think is replaceable in that we have some very good young talent coming through that play in his position. Given we are in a bit of bother financially, it would be stupid to knock back a big offer if it came in for him.

Luongo on the other hand I think is irreplaceable. Integral to our midfield, we look a much weaker side both in attack and defence without him, and I think we'd be extremely lucky to find anyone else of similar calibre in the current transfer market.

Comment

All clubs would be right in having a look at lower league prospects - it's what we're doing too hopefully

Depends on character and who is in the youngsters' ears I suppose, but it would be good to think they would want to become established in our first eleven before moving on, rather than doing a Bowler

Wouldn't want to see any of them leave just yet, but Smithies deserves greater recognition and in Eze we have a replacement for Freeman

Hopefully the scouts were there to see Robinson

Comment

Comment

Ingram will be stepping up ahead of Lumley, no?
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
              All clubs would be right in having a look at lower league prospects - it's what we're doing too hopefully

Depends on character and who is in the youngsters' ears I suppose, but it would be good to think they would want to become established in our first eleven before moving on, rather than doing a Bowler

Wouldn't want to see any of them leave just yet, but Smithies deserves greater recognition and in Eze we have a replacement for Freeman

Hopefully the scouts were there to see Robinson
              Hopefully we can keep all this team together, as if we do who knows on next season, the way we are dominating teams is unreal & you never know with this team we could challenge next season
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Ingram will be stepping up ahead of Lumley, no?
                i doubt it tbh, lumley has done well on loan at bristol last season and blackpool this season where he earned rave reviews during both spells. plus the fact hes from our academy appeals to the club i think, it'll show the fans and the young players that the club is pushing youth

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Luongo on the other hand I think is irreplaceable. Integral to our midfield, we look a much weaker side both in attack and defence without him, and I think we'd be extremely lucky to find anyone else of similar calibre in the current transfer market.
                  Really ? Had a few good games recently but I wouldn't go that far.

Comment

i doubt it tbh, lumley has done well on loan at bristol last season and blackpool this season where he earned rave reviews during both spells. plus the fact hes from our academy appeals to the club i think, it'll show the fans and the young players that the club is pushing youth
                    Fair enough but personally think it'll be Ingram. looked very good in the few items he has played for us, and was also out on loan this season with good reviews and we called him back early. Either way, I don't disagree with your sentiments ref Smithies money.

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    A few good games recently? Come off it mate ffs He is class and I see where Tarbs is coming from; if he goes this summer, we won't be replacing him with anybody of the same calibre that's for sure.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

In the sense that we do not have anyone else in the squad that can do what he does, or the required funds to find someone who can. From that perspective I think he really is irreplaceable. Freeman less so, as we have a number of talented, ready-made replacements in the squad. Albeit far earlier in their careers and with a lot of development ahead of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        In the sense that we do not have anyone else in the squad that can do what he does, or the required funds to find someone who can. From that perspective I think he really is irreplaceable. Freeman less so, as we have a number of talented, ready-made replacements in the squad. Albeit far earlier in their careers and with a lot of development ahead of them.
                        this. players like freeman can be replaced, whether that be with someone like chair or a new signing like dack or oztumer etc but luongo brings way more to the team and is an all round good midfielder

Comment

Can see Nasser saying told you so

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            A few good games recently? Come off it mate ffs He is class and I see where Tarbs is coming from; if he goes this summer, we won't be replacing him with anybody of the same calibre that's for sure.
                            Luongo is a very good centre mid who, for me, has stepped up a gear in the last 5 games (that 2nd half against Derby was an immense performance).

Just think that when you say irreplaceable then you are talking players like Austin.

Comment

Luongo is a very good centre mid who, for me, has stepped up a gear in the last 5 games (that 2nd half against Derby was an immense performance).

Just think that when you say irreplaceable then you are talking players like Austin.
                              Who incredibly is still Southamptons top scorer despite being out most of the season

Comment

Working...
                              X