Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well done to the boys & the manager & coaching staff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Haven't said you've slagged anyone off mate. I simply stated that you've chosen to highlight a handful of bad signings we've made during Les' tenure, without giving any credit for the good ones. I actually think we've signed more good players than bad since Les arrived, but clearly that's a matter of opinion.

You can argue with me til the cows come home about the specifics of that Luongo/Gladwin transfer, but it looks pretty obvious to me. Luongo was a future star, and Gladwin was journeyman, yet they both came with very similar price tags? You can choose not to believe what's right under your nose if you like, but I'll call it what it is. Isn't really us screwing Spurs over either. Swindon were the ones that owed a sell on. The 2 clubs between them just found a way to minimise how much of the transfer fee went to Spurs as far as I can tell. If they'd really wanted to take the p*ss, they could have sold Gladwin for 3.5m, and let Luongo go on a free.
    1st just my opinion but I can't see T F doing anything that's dishonourable
    2nd the players we mentioned smithies aside lunogo was nothing special before this season as was was Bidwell Syla has been one step forward one step back , but the rest of the players came during Holloway's stay I see it as him being credited for them taking into account the dross signed previously havent made a bad signing since Holloway's tenure
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 11-04-2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      1st just my opinion but I can't see T F doing anything that's dishonourable
      2nd the players we mentioned smithies aside lunogo was nothing special before this season as was was Bidwell Syla has been one step forward one step back , but the rest of the players came during Holloway's stay I see it as him being credited for them taking into account the dross signed previously havent made a bad signing since Holloway's tenure
      Goss?
      lualua?
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• We will never know which of the signings were suggested by the DoF, the Scouts or the Manager mate. And that goes for every signing we've made since Les started, whether it be under Ramsey, JFH or Ollie. For all we know, all those names you've reeled off that that you weren't happy with could have been suggested by JFH or Ramsey. All the club really tell you in that respect is that it's a team effort between the manager, the DoF and the Scouts.

I think you have to give Les and Lee Hoos some credit though. I don't think Les is the best DoF out there, and I think he's very much learned the role as he went along. But between them they have put in place a proper scouting network, a very effective youth set-up, and they have put a stop to the ridiculous expenditure that was going on in the first 3 years of Tony's tenure.

The biggest challenge we have right now is that we are still paying for those 3 seasons of crazy spending, both in terms of FFP, and repayments that are still being made to agents, players, and other clubs. I don't think you'll really see how much better the club is being run until the accounts for next season and the season after are released.
        Last edited by Tarbie; 11-04-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

We will never know which of the signings were suggested by the DoF, the Scouts or the Manager mate. And that goes for every signing we've made since Les started, whether it be under Ramsey, JFH or Ollie. For all we know, all those names you've reeled off that that you weren't happy with could have been suggested by JFH or Ramsey. All the club really tell you in that respect is that it's a team effort between the manager, the DoF and the Scouts.

I think you have to give Les and Lee Hoos some credit though. I don't think Les is the best DoF out there, and I think he's very much learned the role as he went along. But between them they have put in place a proper scouting network, a very effective youth set-up, and they have put a stop to the ridiculous expenditure that was going on in the first 3 years of Tony's tenure.

The biggest challenge we have right now is that we are still paying for those 3 seasons of crazy spending, both in terms of FFP, and repayments that are still being made to agents, players, and other clubs. I don't think you'll really see how much better the club is being run until the accounts for next season and the season after are released.
          Yep I'll have all that

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            Goss?
            lualua?

Can always rely on you to fark up what i thought was a good arguement Hitsy

Comment

Ironic thing here Pinks is that Mick McCarthy has a far better record at this level than Holloway. Both in terms of promotions vs relegation's (he's been promoted twice and never relegated) and win percentage (about 40%). Yet he's a buffoon and our manager is a legend?!!

Sorry mate, but you are so blinkered when it comes to Holloway. Not saying that McCarthy is the answer by the way, cos he's not. But he ain't as bad as you made out in your response, and his record suggests he's far better than Holloway.

Style of football tarbs, much prefer the progressive thinking of ollie than mm style of football & the way we're playing now.
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Can always rely on you to fark up what i thought was a good arguement Hitsy
                Sorry mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  Style of football tarbs, much prefer the progressive thinking of ollie than mm style of football & the way we're playing now.
                  so when is the open top bus parade for ollie's fantastic season mate,

will you be lifting him up by the ears and showing him off to everyone?

Comment

But I don't see Ollie as a progressive manager mate. He might pretend to be by copying the top sides with 3 at the back. Or copying Pep Guardiola with a centre half that steps out into midfield when we've got the ball. Then 5 minutes later he's telling Lynch to go up top, and everyone else to hoof it long to him.

In my eyes, Ollie is best when keeps things simply and plays reasonably direct. He's at his worst when he's trying to be clever and experimenting with outrageous formations and players played out of position.

At least Mick McCarthy knows what he is. An old school manager that does the simple things well. A lot like Warnock in that respect. Not as good as Warnock in my opinion, but from the same school and a similar era.
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 11-04-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Yep I'll have all that
                      Why do you have to give Lee Hoos credit for any signings? The man deals with financial matters only (very well I might add). Has nothing to do with identifying targets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        so when is the open top bus parade for ollie's fantastic season mate,

will you be lifting him up by the ears and showing him off to everyone?
                        No but Holloway's cap will do a couple of laps at the last home match.

Comment

• Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                          Why do you have to give Lee Hoos credit for any signings? The man deals with financial matters only (very well I might add). Has nothing to do with identifying targets.
                          Who's giving him credit for scouting players mate? Nobody on this thread!

What Lee Hoos deserves credit for is the fact we've significantly reduced operating expenditure without sacrificing too much in terms of the calibre of the players on the pitch.

Comment

But I don't see Ollie as a progressive manager mate. He might pretend to be by copying the top sides with 3 at the back. Or copying Pep Guardiola with a centre half that steps out into midfield when we've got the ball. Then 5 minutes later he's telling Lynch to go up top, and everyone else to hoof it long to him.

In my eyes, Ollie is best when keeps things simply and plays reasonably direct. He's at his worst when he's trying to be clever and experimenting with outrageous formations and players played out of position.

At least Mick McCarthy knows what he is. An old school manager that does the simple things well. A lot like Warnock in that respect. Not as good as Warnock in my opinion, but from the same school and a similar era.
                            What the top sides that managers of are spoilt for choice is that lol can guarantee a certain pep wouldnt be able to bring up a side with no money, too used to being spoilt for choices.
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                              Because tarby said we'll never know and I can't gaurentee my view is right it's just an opinion , and him holding the purse strings he has the final say

Comment

What the top sides that managers of are spoilt for choice is that lol can guarantee a certain pep wouldnt be able to bring up a side with no money, too used to being spoilt for choices.
                                That wasn't the point I was making at all. My point was Ollie thinks of himself of something of a tactician. He likes to try and emulate some of the top managers, and copy some of the things they do. This is to his detriment, we do far better when he keeps it simple.

For the record, Pep is about the most progressive manager out there. The way he set Man City up this season was unlike anything I've ever seen before. Of course, other managers have sussed how to play against it a bit now, and realised if you get at them, they're pretty fragile at the back. But for 6 or 7 months they were unplayable. And I'm sure Pep will have a new plan next season. He's a very good manager.

As to whether he could get a side out of this division on a Championship budget. We'll never know, cos he'll never have to. He's a far better manager than anyone operating in this league.

Comment

Working...
                                X