Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well done to the boys & the manager & coaching staff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I really doubt Ollie will get an extension in the summer. Les and Lee Hoos ain't daft. Ollie may be doing OK, but I'm sure those in charge can see that a.) his erratic decision making is costing us points, and b.) we hardly need to worry about tying Ollie down in fear of losing him. The sensible decision is to let Ollie's contract wind down, see where we end up next year, and see what the end result is of all this FFP stuff. If Ollie has us near the play-offs, and we are still shopping at Poundland then we can renew his contract towards the end of next season.
    LES AND HOOS AINT DAFT !! FFS what was Gobern Gladwin JET Causins Pirch Borysuc and others about ? along with Ramsey twice , paid off and reinstated JFH , alowing Warnock to leave not to mention the over sized squad that once again saw us getting close to infringing FFP again

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      C'mon..55 points next season. Don't stop believing.
      ha!

Comment

• Open top bus parade is In order.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          LES AND HOOS AINT DAFT !! FFS what was Gobern Gladwin JET Causins Pirch Borysuc and others about ? along with Ramsey twice , paid off and reinstated JFH , alowing Warnock to leave not to mention the over sized squad that once again saw us getting close to infringing FFP again
          Right, let's break that rant down point by point mate.

Oscar Gobern - Free transfer on low wages. Doubt Hoos did anything other than sign off the contract. Scouting isn't his department.
          Ben Gladwin - Makeweight in the Luongo deal. Luongo had a big sell on owed to Spurs, so Swindon undervalued Luongo and bumped up the price of Gladwin to prevent us from having to pay off Spurs heavily. Yes, he was pony, but he was effectively a freebie when you look at the way the deal was structured.
          Jordan Cousins - Hardly broke the bank, and I bet you we get more than we paid for him if he goes this summer. And again, scouting ain't Hoos' area, complain to Les if you don't like the calibre of the players being signed.
          James Perch - Been a decent player for us considering the fee we paid. Dunno what the issue is there.
          Ariel Borysiuk - Came for peanuts, never settled, went home. That's life!

Chris Ramsey is doing a great job, and it was Tony's idea to promote him, not Hoos. I also think it was a great idea to retain him when it didn't work out as manager. Really knowledgeable guy who is very useful to have about the club. We'd have had to pay him off handsomely to sack him, so very well done to the club for retaining hs services as far as I'm concerned.

JFH/Warnock - Again, blame Les and Tony for that. I bet Hoos' input went about as far as 'yes, we can afford him', or 'no, we can't afford him'.

I think you really do misunderstand Lee Hoos' role at the club, He's a financial guy that was employed due his understanding of football finances and running a club on sound financial footing. If you look at things from that perspective, and compare where we are now to where we were when he arrived less than 3 years ago, you'd have a hard job arguing with the fact that he's doing a very good job.

But hey, keep beating the club with a big stick if you like. It's probably more fun than recognising the many areas where we are making tremendous improvements!
          Last edited by Tarbie; 11-04-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Lol welllll seriously,

#jumponanythingifyoucan
            #loseandgreatforventing
            #hillofhellstoblame
            #olliesadiv8managaer
            #heshouldoflistenedtous
            Genuine question pinks, IF say we had hired M.McCarthy instead of IH, and MM had made the same tactical errors over and over again that IH did, would you have supported him the same way you have done with IH? Or is it just because IH's the qpr manager and that alone means he can do know wrong?....... Or do you just have a soft spot for IH ;)
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Genuine question pinks, IF say we had hired M.McCarthy instead of IH, and MM had made the same tactical errors over and over again that IH did, would you have supported him the same way you have done with IH? Or is it just because IH's the qpr manager and that alone means he can do know wrong?....... Or do you just have a soft spot for IH ;)
              It's the latter ain't it? Pinkie get's all bromantic at the very sound of Ollie's farmers accent!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Id be coating mm left right and centre if we had that bafoon here as the football would be awful fullstop & its irrelevant as we are doing ok bar the hull game & playing some very good stuff & better than we`ve played for a few years, & improving after all the upheaval, non of that could of been done overnight & introducing so many youngsters! really do not think ollies gets enough credit full stop, yet too many are jumping on anything where he slips up, yet look at all the positives & spending no money, youd be lucky to get this from another manager & start flourishing like we are now.
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Id be coating mm left right and centre if we had that bafoon here as the football would be awful fullstop & its irrelevant as we are doing ok bar the hull game & playing some very good stuff & better than we`ve played for a few years, & improving after all the upheaval, non of that could of been done overnight & introducing so many youngsters! really do not think ollies gets enough credit full stop, yet too many are jumping on anything where he slips up, yet look at all the positives & spending no money, youd be lucky to get this from another manager & start flourishing like we are now.
                  So cutting through all the usual unconditional Ollie love comments I think you may have overlooked answering the question?

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                    So cutting through all the usual unconditional Ollie love comments I think you may have overlooked answering the question?
                    How we doing now furtive the record thats stuck all irelevant as we are doing ok now and consistant apart from hull game
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

How we doing now furtive the record thats stuck all irelevant as we are doing ok now and consistant apart from hull game
                      Not really Pinkie. All that was asked is if MM had been manager and making the kind of errors Ollie had (prior to our recent better run) would you have given MM the same unconditional backing you have your Peaky Blinder friend? Seems simple enough query.

Comment

Right, let's break that rant down point by point mate.

Oscar Gobern - Free transfer on low wages. Doubt Hoos did anything other than sign off the contract. Scouting isn't his department.
                        Ben Gladwin - Makeweight in the Luongo deal. Luongo had a big sell on owed to Spurs, so Swindon undervalued Luongo and bumped up the price of Gladwin to prevent us from having to pay off Spurs heavily. Yes, he was pony, but he was effectively a freebie when you look at the way the deal was structured.
                        Jordan Cousins - Hardly broke the bank, and I bet you we get more than we paid for him if he goes this summer. And again, scouting ain't Hoos' area, complain to Les if you don't like the calibre of the players being signed.
                        James Perch - Been a decent player for us considering the fee we paid. Dunno what the issue is there.
                        Ariel Borysiuk - Came for peanuts, never settled, went home. That's life!

Chris Ramsey is doing a great job, and it was Tony's idea to promote him, not Hoos. I also think it was a great idea to retain him when it didn't work out as manager. Really knowledgeable guy who is very useful to have about the club. We'd have had to pay him off handsomely to sack him, so very well done to the club for retaining hs services as far as I'm concerned.

JFH/Warnock - Again, blame Les and Tony for that. I bet Hoos' input went about as far as 'yes, we can afford him', or 'no, we can't afford him'.

I think you really do misunderstand Lee Hoos' role at the club, He's a financial guy that was employed due his understanding of football finances and running a club on sound financial footing. If you look at things from that perspective, and compare where we are now to where we were when he arrived less than 3 years ago, you'd have a hard job arguing with the fact that he's doing a very good job.

But hey, keep beating the club with a big stick if you like. It's probably more fun than recognising the many areas where we are making tremendous improvements!
                        Stop right there you've defended Hoos very well but look back on your post Les and Hoos ain't daft LES AND HOOS AINT DAFT , Hoos runs the purse strings RAMSEY SACKED AND REINSTATED SACKED AND PAID OFF AND REINSTATED , PIRCH COST NIEGH ON A MILLION POUND , there is no way T F was going to shaft off Spurs over the deal for Luongo and Gladwin to sugest that is just nonsence seeing as no club has been better to us than Spurs , all these free transfers and low wages mount up
                        And to say I'm knocking the club for fun is just crap
                        Last edited by dogsrrs; 11-04-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Stop right there you've defended Hoos very well but look back on your post Les and Hoos ain't daft LES AND HOOS AINT DAFT , Hoos runs the purse strings RAMSEY SACKED AND REINSTATED SACKED AND PAID OFF AND REINSTATED , PIRCH COST NIEGH ON A MILLION POUND , there is no way T F was going to shaft off Spurs over the deal for Luongo and Gladwin to sugest that is just nonsence seeing as no club has been better to us than Spurs , all these free transfers and low wages mount up
                          And to say I'm knocking the club for fun is just crap
                          Apologies mate, I did indeed misread your response.

A lot of what I said remains relevant though. And you've done a lot of knocking of players we've signed there, but have shown no recognition for all the good signings that have been made in the same period. There has been plenty of them too - Freeman, Scowen, Eze, Smyth, Smithies, Sylla, Smith, Bidwell......need I go on?!!

As for the whole Gladwin and Luongo signing, let's look at the facts. The reported combined value of the transfer was 3.5m quid, with 1.5m attributed to Gladwin and 2m to Luongo, and they both signed on the same day. Gladwin had come through non-League football and had done OK in Swindon's first team for 18 months. Luongo was a Spurs youth player, already capped at full international level, and tipped to be a future Premier League player........he also happened to have a big sell on clause with a percentage of any fee owed to Spurs. You telling me there was nothing fishy about that transfer? Luongo on his own was a 3.5m quid player. Gladwin was chucked in as a vehicle to reduce the percentage that Spurs got!
                          Last edited by Tarbie; 11-04-2018, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Ironic thing here Pinks is that Mick McCarthy has a far better record at this level than Holloway. Both in terms of promotions vs relegation's (he's been promoted twice and never relegated) and win percentage (about 40%). Yet he's a buffoon and our manager is a legend?!!

Sorry mate, but you are so blinkered when it comes to Holloway. Not saying that McCarthy is the answer by the way, cos he's not. But he ain't as bad as you made out in your response, and his record suggests he's far better than Holloway.
                            Last edited by Tarbie; 11-04-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Apologies mate, I did indeed misread your response.

A lot of what I said remains relevant though. And you've done a lot of knocking of players we've signed there, but have shown no recognition for all the good signings that have been made in the same period. There has been plenty of them too - Freeman, Scowen, Eze, Smyth, Smithies, Sylla, Smith, Bidwell......need I go on?!!

As for the whole Gladwin and Luongo signing, let's look at the facts. The reported combined value of the transfer was 3.5m quid, with 1.5m attributed to Gladwin and 2m to Luongo and they both signed on the same day. Gladwin had come through non-League football and had done OK in Swindon's first team for 18 months. Luongo was a Spurs youth player, already capped at international level and tipped to be a future Premier League player........he also happened to have a big sell on clause with a percentage of any fee owed to Spurs. You telling me there was nothing fishy about that transfer? Luongo on his own was a 3.5m quid player. Gladwin was chucked in as a vehicle to reduce the percentage that Spurs got!
                              And suggesting TF has no scrouples to shaft spurs off that's nothing less than biteing the hand that feeds you is bang wrong
                              Again you've jumps the gun me slagged off Freeman Scowens Smithies Bidwell at f/b Eze Smythe Smith at worse I've suggested he has limitations yes you do Need to go on as I've said nothing but praise for the above mentioned and you can add BOS to that list
                              Last edited by dogsrrs; 11-04-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

And suggesting TF has no scrouples to shaft spurs off that's nothing less than biteing the hand that feeds you is bang wrong
                                Again you've jumps the gun me slagged off Freeman Scowens Smithies Bidwell at f/b Eze Smythe Smith at worse I've suggested he has limitations yes you do Need to go on as I've said nothing but praise for the above mentioned and you can add BOS to that list
                                Haven't said you've slagged anyone off mate. I simply stated that you've chosen to highlight a handful of bad signings we've made during Les' tenure, without giving any credit for the good ones. I actually think we've signed more good players than bad since Les arrived, but clearly that's a matter of opinion.

You can argue with me til the cows come home about the specifics of that Luongo/Gladwin transfer, but it looks pretty obvious to me. Luongo was a future star, and Gladwin was journeyman, yet they both came with very similar price tags? You can choose not to believe what's right under your nose if you like, but I'll call it what it is. Isn't really us screwing Spurs over either. Swindon were the ones that owed a sell on. The 2 clubs between them just found a way to minimise how much of the transfer fee went to Spurs as far as I can tell. If they'd really wanted to take the p*ss, they could have sold Gladwin for 3.5m, and let Luongo go on a free.

Comment

Working...
                                X