Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well done to the boys & the manager & coaching staff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Are we all blanking Reading out of our minds....?
    Course not Mush. We all know that was an exception due to him making so many changes (but were still unlucky to lose), right? Yes, should have said apart from Reading though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Pinkie, I know we've had our differences and the following is in no way a dig so please don't take it that way. Just trying to reach out in the hope of finding some middle ground over opinions:

Nobody is arguing that the youngsters have not made a difference and which we're all delighted about. But what most are saying is that it was mainly down to the formation change.

Genuine question for you:

Do you acknowledge that dropping 352 has made a significant impact? Compare the stark contrast of the last time he played that system - the 2-5 home defeat to Forest. Ever since then, with the 4 at the back, everything tells us that the results & performances have all improved dramatically. But for some reason you don't seem to acknowledge that, and are putting the form upturn entirely down to the youngsters.
      Can i stick my nose in this just for a moment.

since changing to a back 4, we destroyed villa, smashed fulham and now anihalated the farmers.
      we have played a total of 6 games with a back four, only losing one which was against reading where we should have won their too.

no disrespect pinkman but i think he is unable to admit that it was the formation change because some on here have been shouting to get rid of that nonsense 352 for the past 4/5 months.

his admittance would make us right and him wrong so his only option is to say it was the young players that has caused the current good run.

bare in mind, eze was the only young player named in the starting 11 yesterday.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• think we may need some nasser type stats to compare 352 and 44 whatever
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          think we may need some nasser type stats to compare 352 and 44 whatever
          No thanks
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Are Furlong and Manning now considered as old then ??

Comment

Can i stick my nose in this just for a moment.

since changing to a back 4, we destroyed villa, smashed fulham and now anihalated the farmers.
              we have played a total of 6 games with a back four, only losing one which was against reading where we should have won their too.

no disrespect pinkman but i think he is unable to admit that it was the formation change because some on here have been shouting to get rid of that nonsense 352 for the past 4/5 months.

his admittance would make us right and him wrong so his only option is to say it was the young players that has caused the current good run.

Hits we have been showing this in bits before having 4 at the back, wolves away we outplayed them second half, other games we`ve showed it in little bits, its all to do with the forest mauling and obviously ollie changing it and bringing the youngsters in aswell bringing that extra extra energy! now if you lot were right all along we would of got rid of ollie after 2 games this season & every game after those 2 going upto after reading, if you would like me to bring some comments i will unfortunately as ive already said how many times, ollie didnt make a decision to change cos he read on here and listened to the experts, he had this planned about building a side around eze, ofwhich he would of changed formation! but if you lot was right all along ollie wouldnt be here lol
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                Hits we have been showing this in bits before having 4 at the back, wolves away we outplayed them second half, other games we`ve showed it in little bits, its all to do with the forest mauling and obviously ollie changing it and bringing the youngsters in aswell bringing that extra extra energy! now if you lot were right all along we would of got rid of ollie after 2 games this season & every game after those 2 going upto after reading, if you would like me to bring some comments i will unfortunately as ive already said how many times, ollie didnt make a decision to change cos he read on here and listened to the experts, he had this planned about building a side around eze, ofwhich he would of changed formation! but if you lot was right all along ollie wouldnt be here lol
                Didn't we switch to 4 at the back in that 2nd half against Wolves? In fact, we've picked up 18 points from losing positions this season, with many of those points coming after we switched to 4 at the back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  And which of them do you support??
                  I have said many times on here Shania that I think IH is limited but has done a good job given the circumstances at the club (financial mainly)
                  I agree with Tarbs in that I would not extend his contract but he deserves the rest of his contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    ollie didnt make a decision to change cos he read on here and listened to the experts
                    Pinks mate, even the players were saying it. EVERYONE knew. Jude the cat knew. The squirrel knew.

I think Ollie knew but he was always stubborn. Like I said, the PE teacher in his new role has made a difference.

And The player who really made the difference yesterday wasn't Eze. They couldn't handle the big fella in any way. Like I said before the game Eze feeding off him works for us.

Still too much long ball though, you can play Smith without booting the fvck out of the leather all the time, but to do that you need to include a proper winger who will run at them and cross it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Didn't we switch to 4 at the back in that 2nd half against Wolves? In fact, we've picked up 18 points from losing positions this season, with many of those points coming after we switched to 4 at the back!
                      More than any other team in the league I heard yesterday. I do like the spirit in this side. It wasn't that long ago that once we went behind you thought that was it. In recent games you almost expect us to come back. We should also have had a point at Wolves, an additional two at Fulham would not have been unfair either and definitely something from Reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        5-4-1 tarbs & we outplayed them but think it was changed around at h/t

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          Pinks mate, even the players were saying it. EVERYONE knew. Jude the cat knew. The squirrel knew.

I think Ollie knew but he was always stubborn. Like I said, the PE teacher in his new role has made a difference.

And The player who really made the difference yesterday wasn't Eze. They couldn't handle the big fella in any way. Like I said before the game Eze feeding off him works for us.

Still too much long ball though, you can play Smith without booting the fvck out of the leather all the time, but to do that you need to include a proper winger who will run at them and cross it.
                          It didn't seem like hoofball yesterday though. There was some great stuff in between the balls to Smith and a lot of them cane from Wide and not defence. Additionally their centre backs were poor in the air and there was definitely a weakness to exploit there. Smiths best game for us I felt.

Comment

Well fair enough if so, but the youngsters have definately gave the lift we needed, & i thought we mixed it up superbly yesterday with one twos, playing it on the ground aswell as upto smith, at the end of the day teams cant cope with both, so flumuxes them in the end, hence why we end up dominating and these are really good sides we`re doing it to, like fulham when we`re at it they cant cope. Really do fancy us next season if we can keep everyone here.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              More than any other team in the league I heard yesterday. I do like the spirit in this side. It wasn't that long ago that once we went behind you thought that was it. In recent games you almost expect us to come back. We should also have had a point at Wolves, an additional two at Fulham would not have been unfair either and definitely something from Reading.
                              Totally agree with that mate. Can't fault the attitude and character on the whole (of course with a couple of exceptions like the Bristol away and Forest at home). I think you do need to query how we ended up behind in some of those games however. It's not normal to have to make formational changes mid-game as frequently as we do. A smarter manager would have realised far sooner that something wasn't right.

Comment

Like I said, the PE teacher in his new role has made a difference.
                                Yes Sir and not to introduce another angle to argue in this thread but this is basically what TF said last night or is at least my interpretation

Comment

Working...
                                X