Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well done to the boys & the manager & coaching staff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Its all about timing westy, just like how good furrs is now & was prone to the odd errors not long ago, now hes looking the buisness now along with the others, and theyll only improve and get better & that is down to the manager & coaching staff for doing a great job, they need credit for how well there doing now, not why werent they played earlier
    Great result and performance etc today.

However in terms of the youngsters the great man himself said he basically picked Smyth from nowhere as he had run out of options and was last throw of the dice for him. It was borne out of desperation not long term planning.

However is finally working whatever the reason. Shame wasted last season and this. Just hope he doesn't go back to his old ways and fark up next season too. We have a talented squad and one thing Ollie can do is gee players up. If he continues picking half sensible sides and gets them playing to their strengths could be most positive season in a long time.

Comment

Very heartening display. This is also the way to go re player selection. No more mediocrity, or choosing favorites, or going with players that have little game day potential.

Comment

Very enjoyable game yesterday.

Comment

CCJ you could tell from the off the players were relaxed and it showed in performance l. As you say enjoyable afternoon I loved it

Comment

always nice to wake up knowing maybe i watched the start of something new yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              CCJ you could tell from the off the players were relaxed and it showed in performance l. As you say enjoyable afternoon I loved it
              You could mate it was great.
              I am still angry about Friday (and I know you were there as you have mentioned it) but I am more angry that Reading won it and didn't deserve it rather than the fact we missed out on the points. Norwich actually looked a better side than Reading didn't they?

Comment

Thging we havnt, its part of building this up and we werent ready earlier, anybody could see the way players were playing regardless of formations, players are settling and playing more as a team, got nothing to do with we could of been like this so many months ago, in some games we started doing little bits but always getting done, but ollies eventually getting a balance, but the youngsters have most definately picked everyone elses game up in my opinion.
                Do agree but the back 4 rather than the 3 or 5 is the biggest reason, for me, that we've picked up as everyone looks more comfortable with their positions.

Comment

Playing four at the back explains the upturn in form. Nothing else. If he played a winger we'd have done even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Playing four at the back explains the upturn in form. Nothing else. If he played a winger we'd have done even better.
                    Oh right lol, i just knew the youngsters made no difference at all & we was great before but just needed 4 at the back instead and we would of been like yesterday, we ought to cash in in the youngsters as there not making a difference at all like ollie thought they would do when he said he was going to use them and build the game around eze back in january!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Oh right lol, i just knew the youngsters made no difference at all & we was great before but just needed 4 at the back instead and we would of been like yesterday, we ought to cash in in the youngsters as there not making a difference at all like ollie thought they would do when he said he was going to use them and build the game around eze back in january!
                      Here's a question for you Pinks. Aside from Eze, who needed that loan at Wycombe before being thrown into the 1st team, what was stopping Ollie picking the team/formation that has played in the last 6 games from week 1 of the season?

Comment

Interesting (or predictable!) to see the two extreme arguments on here. As is often the case the upturn in form is probably down to something in between - the change in formation along with the introduction of the youngsters.
                        Unfortunately IH has shown historically he can get over confident when things go right but when he goes back to basics it seems to work. The thread a few weeks ago had the jury out on him being retained, extended or sacked but you would have to say he deserves one of the former two now.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          Interesting (or predictable!) to see the two extreme arguments on here. As is often the case the upturn in form is probably down to something in between - the change in formation along with the introduction of the youngsters.
                          Unfortunately IH has shown historically he can get over confident when things go right but when he goes back to basics it seems to work. The thread a few weeks ago had the jury out on him being retained, extended or sacked but you would have to say he deserves one of the former two now.
                          And which of them do you support??
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Interesting Retweet yesterday from TF which we best not let Pinks see he won’t like it

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Here's a question for you Pinks. Aside from Eze, who needed that loan at Wycombe before being thrown into the 1st team, what was stopping Ollie picking the team/formation that has played in the last 6 games from week 1 of the season?
                              Now why do i have to answer a question that i havnt got the answer to or you? im not in ollies mind, but he said he was going to set his stall out with one formation as he got stick for changing it last season, and like he should do which ever

he chose he was always going to stick to, you have to have confidence in whatever you do, he had a few players short of the formation for perfecting it but players should still be able to adapt, also we had a serious lack of goals and

confidence stemming from a few years ago, but no goals in midfield or upfront, our positional play wasnt great asin supporting and making yourself available for the man on the ball. All things which getting the right players in and coaching,

which we are now starting to see the rewards, we`ve had a few years of really poorness & how do you expect it to turn around from what it was just like that? you had a little dig yesterday tarbs which i have to say i wasnt impressed with,

just because ive not seen the games all season, which isnt on mate as have seen enough to back up what ive always said about time being the thing here & ollie eventually getting things right, which a few of us have always said, i remember

van saying it aswell, and its exactly what is happening now! we now have a great blend and it was also all about timing with the youngsters ofwhich i personally think hes done a superb job & find it outrageous hes now getting questioned

over that, this is the best team spirit and bit of flare we`ve had for a long time and can see us proper challenging next season, but if it was upto me id go out of my way to sign up ned and robo as think we need them for this great balance

we`ve got & thing we`re building up, im going to have a bet on us winning the league next season mind you if we lose these players or more thatll be a big waste in my opinion.
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                                I definitely wouldn't extend him. He has a year left, let's see how he does. I agree that Ollie has earned the right to see his contract out though. As much as I think there are a ton of better managers out there, you have to say (purely based on league position) that he's exceeded expectations in the end this season. The bar must be set much higher next season though, now we know how good these youngsters are. Let's see how he copes with expectations of being in or around the play-offs.

Comment

Working...
                                X