Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well done to the boys & the manager & coaching staff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    That wasn't the point I was making at all. My point was Ollie thinks of himself of something of a tactician. He likes to try and emulate some of the top managers, and copy some of the things they do. This is to his detriment, we do far better when he keeps it simple.

For the record, Pep is about the most progressive manager out there. The way he set Man City up this season was unlike anything I've ever seen before. Of course, other managers have sussed how to play against it a bit now, and realised if you get at them, they're pretty fragile at the back. But for 6 or 7 months they were unplayable. And I'm sure Pep will have a new plan next season. He's a very good manager.

As to whether he could get a side out of this division on a Championship budget. We'll never know, cos he'll never have to. He's a far better manager than anyone operating in this league.
    Lol what a load of rubbish, hes been a manager a damn sight longer than pep for starters, as i said these top managers are spoilt for choice and bet yer bottom dollar theyd soon get found out at a club like ours, in my opinion that is. Ollie is his own man & when hes done things like bang a lynch upfront or whoever, its mainly been born out of lack of funds and players to play in that role!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Lol what a load of rubbish, hes been a manager a damn sight longer than pep for starters, as i said these top managers are spoilt for choice and bet yer bottom dollar theyd soon get found out at a club like ours, in my opinion that is. Ollie is his own man & when hes done things like bang a lynch upfront or whoever, its mainly been born out of lack of funds and players to play in that role!
      You been drinking? Hic

Comment

Are you actually arguing with me about the fact that Pep is in a different league than Ollie when it comes to managerial ability? And what does years of experience count for? Ollie could live to be 600 years old, and Pep could retire tomorrow, and Ollie will still never get near him in terms of achievements!

Jesus wept mate, you are sinking to new lows tonight.

Comment

Are you actually arguing with me about the fact that Pep is in a different league than Ollie when it comes to managerial ability? And what does years of experience count for? Ollie could live to be 600 years old, and Pep could retire tomorrow, and Ollie will still never get near him in terms of achievements!

Jesus wept mate, you are sinking to new lows tonight.

Obviously im not saying that but this bigging up managers that have an huge abundance of talent to pick from, like the clubs spending ridiculas amounts of money, its a total unlevel playing field now, the type of manager that deserves that bigging ups the brian cloughs of the world that brought a team up from the old division 1.

No new low levels here was just making a point about you bigging up pep as youve done it a number of times tarbs, i dont view the peps as gods in management like you do, its abit more realistic here in the championship.
          Last edited by Pinkie; 11-04-2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Obviously im not saying that but this bigging up managers that have an huge abundance of talent to pick from, like the clubs spending ridiculas amounts of money, its a total unlevel playing field now, the type of manager that deserves that bigging ups the brian cloughs of the world that brought a team up from the old division 1.

No new low levels here was just making a point about you bigging up pep as youve done it a number of times tarbs, i dont view the peps as gods in management like you do, its abit more realistic here in the championship.
            We've already established that you don't pay attention to things like trophies won, or win percentages though Pinks. This is borne out by the fact that you think Ollie is a good manager.

Pep is the best in the game at the moment, whether you can see that or not.

As for Brian Clough, great manager. Utter bell end of a man if you ask me, but a great manager. Can't compare back then to today though, it's almost a different sport football has changed so much!

Comment

We've already established that you don't pay attention to things like trophies won, or win percentages though Pinks. This is borne out by the fact that you think Ollie is a good manager.

Pep is the best in the game at the moment, whether you can see that or not.

As for Brian Clough, great manager. Utter bell end of a man if you ask me, but a great manager. Can't compare back then to today though, it's almost a different sport football has changed so much!

Certainly cant compare a championship manager to the peps tarbs when they about a billion pounds worth of players to choose from, like monopoly money & ofcourse i pay attention to winning and trophies, but modern footballs ruinned it all mate, sums it up when i think it was a player came out with winning the fa cups not enough! the only reason ive lost interest in the trophies fa cup and league cups thanks to those big 4 or 5

Comment

Certainly cant compare a championship manager to the peps tarbs when they about a billion pounds worth of players to choose from, like monopoly money & ofcourse i pay attention to winning and trophies, but modern footballs ruinned it all mate, sums it up when i think it was a player came out with winning the fa cups not enough! the only reason ive lost interest in the trophies fa cup and league cups thanks to those big 4 or 5
                But it ain't just trophies won, it's style of play and win percentages. Pep's career win percentage currently sits at 72%. Think about that for a minute. Across his career he has done better than win 7 out of every 10 games he's managed. It's incredible. And he's done it playing attractive football throughout.

Meanwhile, you're boy is sat somewhere around 36% across his career. But as you said, ain't fair to compare.

What would be fair is to compare him to Jose Mourinho. Similar profile manager, probably on a similar salary and operating at similar profile clubs with similar budgets. Mourinho's win ratio is around 65%. Still bloody impressive, but not in the same league as Pep. Mourinho is also more prone to parking the bus and scraping a 1-0. Something you'd never see Guardiola do.

Waffling a bit, but the point I'm trying to make is it isn't just a money thing. Guardiola really is an exceptional manager and we're lucky to have him in the Premier League. Some of the football City have played this season is ridiculous!

Comment

You do though seem to view Ollie as God? lol

Comment

• Depends on the CB pairing next season. If it is Lynch and Baptiste we could be in for trouble. If he sorts this problem, stops tinkering for the sake of it and doesn't revert to wing backs we could surprise a few people but only if.

Comment

Working...
                    X