Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well done to the boys & the manager & coaching staff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    It's a little bit more intelligent than just hoof it. Against Norwich it was all diagonal balls. But there is no getting away from the fact it's direct. Get it on Smith's head, let Eze, Freeman, Smyth etc. Play off the knock downs.

To be honest, I have no issues with it. If it works, I'm happy. Like you say, no point pretending we're something that we ain't!
    There are a lot of those pretending what they ain't sadly

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      What happened??
      it wasnt even that bad. scowen did a yellow card worthy tackle (even then thats a bit harsh), their player went down and the ref blew the whistle. one of hulls players (henrikson i think) storms over there and shoves scowen, scowen doesmt react and walks off with his head down. ned then runs 20 yards and shoulder barges right into henrikson pretty aggressively and is getting all mad at henrikson for pushing scowen, players drag ned away and the ref red cards him. that was literally it, i think ned was red carded because of that and his header in the first half which by the way was completely fine, the hull player was just unfortunate enough to be hurt by the clatter of heads and even though it looked painful and their player could have been hurt ned had done absolutely NOTHING wrong in their 50/50. i'm not even being biased when i say that, if a brentford player had done the same thing to us i'd be saying the same thing. but i think that was still in the refs mind so he red carded ned

Comment

Said the same thing on the match thread mate. Look lost without #biglump up top!
        fixed it for you mate.

#theresonlyonebiglump
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
          it wasnt even that bad. scowen did a yellow card worthy tackle (even then thats a bit harsh), their player went down and the ref blew the whistle. one of hulls players (henrikson i think) storms over there and shoves scowen, scowen doesmt react and walks off with his head down. ned then runs 20 yards and shoulder barges right into henrikson pretty aggressively and is getting all mad at henrikson for pushing scowen, players drag ned away and the ref red cards him. that was literally it, i think ned was red carded because of that and his header in the first half which by the way was completely fine, the hull player was just unfortunate enough to be hurt by the clatter of heads and even though it looked painful and their player could have been hurt ned had done absolutely NOTHING wrong in their 50/50. i'm not even being biased when i say that, if a brentford player had done the same thing to us i'd be saying the same thing. but i think that was still in the refs mind so he red carded ned
          Got sent off cos he ran 20 odd yards to get involved with something he didn't need to. It was daft and I'm not surprised he was sent off. But it is what it is.

Everyone needs to dust themselves off. Brentford coming up, if we don't turn up for that game there will be uproar!

Comment

• Anyone who thinks we're going anywhere under Ollie is deluded. His inconsistency is is the only consistent feature of his management,

A child could have told him playing Eze as a one was never going to work, not least against a hungry relegation threatend side. Great for the kid's confidence too. What an absolute no hoper of a manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              Anyone who thinks we're going anywhere under Ollie is deluded. His inconsistency is is the only consistent feature of his management,

A child could have told him playing Eze as a one was never going to work, not least against a hungry relegation threatend side. Great for the kid's confidence too. What an absolute no hoper of a manager.
              I thought this thread was all about praising the manager?
              @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                I thought this thread was all about praising the manager?
                It was, but there wasn't enough anti Ollie ones out there for some to get their point across
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                  You're only as good as your last match apparently!
                  Not at all but when, on the back of a terrific performance, you make such a stupid selection like Eze as lone front man - not fair to the kid, the team, the fans - then all the eulogising quickly loses its significance.

Comment

• This week has been a hard week for the club and you perhaps have to put it into context but Olly just doesn’t help himself with his team selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                      It was, but there wasn't enough anti Ollie ones out there for some to get their point across

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        This week has been a hard week for the club and you perhaps have to put it into context but Olly just doesn’t help himself with his team selection.
                        Agree but a least now putting his hands up on yesterday’s selection. Think the board are looking at consistency and expect his contract to be extended this summer. Then wait for the total meltdown on here ��

Comment

Said the same thing on the match thread mate. Look lost without a big lump up top!
                          after yesterday the Smith knockers should now know a big man might encourage a long ball but is a very usefully part of any teams tool kit , when it's not in your tool bag you are limited that said what's wrong with a long ball ? Me I want the ball in their half not ours , but to suggest that we are only a long ball side is just tosh

Comment

• Originally posted by Artful View Post
                            Agree but a least now putting his hands up on yesterday’s selection. Think the board are looking at consistency and expect his contract to be extended this summer. Then wait for the total meltdown on here ��
                            Yep, am expecting new two year contract for the idiot in the summer. Cam easily see us wasting four years or so with him in charge. Not good for the club.

Comment

• Much as I like Matt Smith it is a sorry state of affairs when we are dependent on whether he has a good game or not. I don't actually blame Holloway for trying a false 9 tactic but with that system you have got to play the ball to feet.
                              Also, again, everyone seemed confused as to their roles.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                after yesterday the Smith knockers should now know a big man might encourage a long ball but is a very usefully part of any teams tool kit , when it's not in your tool bag you are limited that said what's wrong with a long ball ? Me I want the ball in their half not ours , but to suggest that we are only a long ball side is just tosh
                                Don't think any side is 'just a long ball side'. If all you've got in your locker from an attacking perspective is hitting it long, you'll get nowhere at this level. But it's fair to say that it's our primary tactic. Look for Smith's head, and let the more talented attacking players play off the knock downs. We really look lost in possession without a big man as an outlet. I'd actually suggest if Ollie is staying as manager that we find ourselves a 2nd lump up top to rotate with Smith.

Comment

Working...
                                X