New members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New members

I reckon new members should have to introduce themselves ,before posting .
    Its just common courtesy, if someone butted in your conversation down the pub ,you`d jog him on ,why is here any different ?
    Reckon we need a new section for new members to introduce themselves ,before posting

What do you all think..........
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Who's the bloke in the blue sombrero?

Comment

Never mind that, who the f uck are you ?

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
        Its just common courtesy, if someone butted in your conversation down the pub ,you`d jog him on ,why is here any different ?
        Because this is a virtual pub and not a real one?

Seriously though Vesps, I like the suggestion.

I still remember my very first post here all of 23,423 posts ago, and it was me just butting into a conversation too. I was shy and didn't like grand entrances. No one seemed that bothered and I preferred to just slip in under the radar. Still feel the same way today, just a bit more part of the furniture now LOL.

Comment

I am not sure I have even introduced myself yet and I am staggered to see I am over £5k posts!

By the way I am Pete from Purley

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            I am not sure I have even introduced myself yet and I am staggered to see I am over £5k posts!

By the way I am Pete from Purley
            Hi Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Because this is a virtual pub and not a real one?

Seriously though Vesps, I like the suggestion.

I still remember my very first post here all of 23,423 posts ago, and it was me just butting into a conversation too. I was shy and didn't like grand entrances. No one seemed that bothered and I preferred to just slip in under the radar. Still feel the same way today, just a bit more part of the furniture now LOL.
              you never struck me as shy Stan !
              I used to post on the now defunct UK Skinheads website ,not quite the same as here i know , but it worked well there ,and you had a rough idea who you were talking to. To be fair they used to dig people out about their Skinhead credentials ,so it didnt always go well !

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                you never struck me as shy Stan !
                I used to post on the now defunct UK Skinheads website ,not quite the same as here i know , but it worked well there ,and you had a rough idea who you were talking to. To be fair they used to dig people out about their Skinhead credentials ,so it didnt always go well !
                Did you see the Don Letts programme on skinhead culture that was on again recently Vesp?
                There was a good thread on LFW about it.

Comment

I like this idea. I did introduce myself on Loft4words when I joined last year, but I don't think I introduced myself on here.. or maybe I did, I can't remember! Of course people do occasionally introduce themselves on here without prompting....

Comment

It's a free for all on here. You've just gotta start talking.... LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      Did you see the Don Letts programme on skinhead culture that was on again recently Vesp?
                      There was a good thread on LFW about it.
                      Yes mate ,it was good . Old Rastamouse isn`t everyones cup of tea but he was fair ,and it wasn`t the hatchet job a lot of people were expecting .

Comment

i go on a star wars forum and they have an introduction thread pinned over there for new members to say hi. apart from that i dont think its really neccesary for new members to go through an inquisition upon joining

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          i go on a star wars forum and they have an introduction thread pinned over there for new members to say hi. apart from that i dont think its really neccesary for new members to go through an inquisition upon joining
                          I think it is necessary for new members to go through an inquisition. It's all far too easy otherwise. Easy, easy, easy. That's the modern world!

Comment

I'm James and enjoy long walks along the beach and watching the sunset with a warm glass of RM while feeding my loved one a soft slice of Camembert from my cheeses of The World s'mores board.
                            Do I ####; couple of large Cobra's with my chicken Jalfrezi and a nice side of aloo gobi followed by a pogo across the dance floor
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                              I'm James and enjoy long walks along the beach and watching the sunset with a warm glass of RM while feeding my loved one a soft slice of Camembert from my cheeses of The World s'mores board.
                              Do I ####; couple of large Cobra's with my chicken Jalfrezi and a nice side of aloo gobi followed by a pogo across the dance floor
                              Your local Ruby house has a dance floor mate? Sounds good

Comment

Working...
                              X