Remember Jay Bothroyd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    You MUST be joking. Keogh yeah, but Hoilett ? NEVER in my book....and the same goes for that Fulham loving cnt Zamora....

Only thing about that day that got my goat was that someone like Austin or Hill weren't involved in the winner.....you know, PROPER QPR players.
    Austin had a really quiet game that day. Partly cos we pushed him out wide after the red card I suppose.

Comment

Legend is NEVER EVER a word that should be associated with Junior Hoillet from his time at QPR. He was awful for us.

Yes he won the ball (clap clap) but it was an awful ball into the box that the defender completely mad a hash of which set up Zamora. If Hoilett had scored a top corner worldie from the half way line I still think I'd be reluctant to call him a hero.

Fella was a complete waste of time for us.

Comment

They are all Rangers legends for that day to me, but Hoilett and Zamora really did make that single moment of euphoria equivalent to the rush of a hundred E's possible. Thats only my take though.

Comment

back to topic , i've met quite a few rangers players down the years and bothroyd was a nice fella , the biggest chain and anchor by far had to be wayne routledge

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            back to topic , i've met quite a few rangers players down the years and bothroyd was a nice fella , the biggest chain and anchor by far had to be wayne routledge
            That's interesting about Routledge. I've never met the guy, but I have met a load of ex-QPR players over the years. The 2 that I enjoyed the most were Clint Hill and Ray Wilkins. Both had a long chat with me about QPR, and their fondness for the club etc.

I think my least favourite of all the players I met was probably SWP, bloke was a right tool who had no time at all for the fans. Adel was similar. Personally I think it's bang out of order. These lads are getting more money in a week than most fans see in a year. Least they can do is give the fans a little bit of their time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              That's interesting about Routledge. I've never met the guy, but I have met a load of ex-QPR players over the years. The 2 that I enjoyed the most were Clint Hill and Ray Wilkins. Both had a long chat with me about QPR, and their fondness for the club etc.

I think my least favourite of all the players I met was probably SWP, bloke was a right tool who had no time at all for the fans. Adel was similar. Personally I think it's bang out of order. These lads are getting more money in a week than most fans see in a year. Least they can do is give the fans a little bit of their time.
              Black cabbie pal of mine sent me a photo of him asleep in the back of his cab at 03.30am on a Friday night when we had Everton the next day.

Just an absolute p!ss take.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                Black cabbie pal of mine sent me a photo of him asleep in the back of his cab at 03.30am on a Friday night when we had Everton the next day.

Just an absolute p!ss take.
                Doesn't surprise me at all.

You read Warnock's book? There is a few pages around the Leeds game last day of our promotion season. Adel started on the bench that day. Apparently nobody knew where he was until about an hour before kick-off, hence he didn't start. What sort of idiot does that? Club captain, and the best player in the league that season by a country mile. Should have been a day of celebration for him personally and for the club. Instead he's gone AWOL, had a late night and slept in, or whatever.

Easy thing to say with hindsight, but God knows why Adel was ever given a new contract. Should have cashed in on the guy after that promotion season. Yeah, the fans would have kicked up a fuss, but the warning signs were there for everyone behind the scenes at the club. Should have just sold the guy whilst his stock was high.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me at all.

You read Warnock's book? There is a few pages around the Leeds game last day of our promotion season. Adel started on the bench that day. Apparently nobody knew where he was until about an hour before kick-off, hence he didn't start. What sort of idiot does that? Club captain, and the best player in the league that season by a country mile. Should have been a day of celebration for him personally and for the club. Instead he's gone AWOL, had a late night and slept in, or whatever.

Easy thing to say with hindsight, but God knows why Adel was ever given a new contract. Should have cashed in on the guy after that promotion season. Yeah, the fans would have kicked up a fuss, but the warning signs were there for everyone behind the scenes at the club. Should have just sold the guy whilst his stock was high.
                  Yet he was still given the trophy to lift. I would've told him to fark off and given it to Clint or Derry.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Yet he was still given the trophy to lift. I would've told him to fark off and given it to Clint or Derry.
                    What are you gonna do? The guy got us promoted that year, regardless if he did it in a professional manner or not.

We should have drawn a line under it that summer though. His stock was high, and the troubles behind the scenes were more or less kept behind the scenes. We should have cashed in whilst that was the case. The minute it became public knowledge that he didn't like to train, didn't care about the team, expected to be treated different to other players etc. his market value was always going to plummet.
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 29-03-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

What are you gonna do? The guy got us promoted that year, regardless if he did it in a professional manner or not.

we should have drawn a line under it that summer though. His stock was high, the troubles behind the scenes were more or less kept behind the scenes. We should have cashed in whilst that was the case. The minute it became public knowledge that he didn't like to train, didn't care about the team, expected to be treated different to other players etc. his market value was always going to plummet.
                      Yeah fair enough. He was unplayable for the vast majority of that season.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Agree with benefit of hindsight with getting shot of Adel but had we done so would have been fan mutiny.

Warnock knew what he was doing. Adel attitude wise was dire but creatively unplayable when in the mood. He surrounded him with solid pros who would grit their teeth, bare it and do the hard work to allow Adel to do what he did.

Comment

Working...
                        X