Remember Jay Bothroyd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Not forgetting him ripping apart a team at home then retaliating stupidly to get sent off. Missed 3 games came back and got sent off again!!! 5 game ban.

That goal against Stoke at home though at the Loft End. Roof nearly came off.

I was at his debut for us against Villa away when we were 2-0 up he scored twice and thought wowwww we have a player here. He was ok for us not amazing by any stretch.
    Bloke was an absolute fruit cake That first part season we had him, if he wasn't scoring, he was getting sent off ffs.

That Stoke game though - mental. IIRC, at about 80mins we were officially down as Bolton (I think?) were winning or something, then they conceded and Cisse scored and crikey the place erupted. Up there with the very most I have ever celebrated tbh.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Bloke was an absolute fruit cake .
      Angriest man in football by far. Always remember that game at the scum where we were getting thumped then he scored and celebrated like he'd won the cup final....

Comment

Bloke was an absolute fruit cake That first part season we had him, if he wasn't scoring, he was getting sent off ffs.

That Stoke game though - mental. IIRC, at about 80mins we were officially down as Bolton (I think?) were winning or something, then they conceded and Cisse scored and crikey the place erupted. Up there with the very most I have ever celebrated tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          [/B]

There's certain times where you just literally can't celebrate anymore; aka Wembley, Chelski away & Stoke.

Comment

There's certain times where you just literally can't celebrate anymore; aka Wembley, Chelski away & Stoke.
            Furlongs goal at home to Oldham? We nearly took the roof off Loftus Rd that night!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Furlongs goal at home to Oldham? We nearly took the roof off Loftus Rd that night!
              I was only 12 haha but do recall going mental and me old man nearly launching me 5 rows back in the celebrations

Comment

I was only 12 haha but do recall going mental and me old man nearly launching me 5 rows back in the celebrations
                No offence Matty, but I had you down for a few years older than that.

I was 21 at the time. I was sat in X Block (one of the very few times I've actually sat there). Myself and my pals went crackers when the goal went in, the 2 kids next to me started to cry, it was crazy. I honestly think that night the crowd were as loud as I've ever witnessed at Loftus Road.

Comment

Random trivia about that game. Both Oldham centre halves that evening went on to play for QPR. Who were they?

Comment

Random trivia about that game. Both Oldham centre halves that evening went on to play for QPR. Who were they?
                    One size and Captain Clint
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Garry Micklewhite's vs the Toons making it 5-5...now that was a game

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                        One size and Captain Clint
                        Yup!

Comment

No offence Matty, but I had you down for a few years older than that.

I was 21 at the time. I was sat in X Block (one of the very few times I've actually sat there). Myself and my pals went crackers when the goal went in, the 2 kids next to me started to cry, it was crazy. I honestly think that night the crowd were as loud as I've ever witnessed at Loftus Road.
                          Wise head on me young shoulders pal

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger
                            Wembley playoff final was the biggest celebration in a long time
                            Watched that goal again about ten times cos it came up on facebook from sky sports.
                            Still got goosebumps and came to the conclusion Hoilett will be a Rangers legend for his part.
                            I for one was far to hard on him and said one mis kick is all he ever did for us, but watching it again i feel he fought to win that ball.

Oh and was the biggest celebration in a long time. Maybe even ever for me. Though the Oxford final came close when we won that corner kick in the second half.
                            Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 27-03-2018, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Watched that goal again about ten times cos it came up on facebook from sky sports.
                              Still got goosebumps and came to the conclusion Hoilett will be a Rangers legend for his part.
                              I for one was far to hard on him and said one mis kick is all he ever did for us, but watching it again i feel he fought to win that ball.

Oh and was the biggest celebration in a long time. Maybe even ever for me. Though the Oxford final came close when we won that corner kick in the second half.
                              You MUST be joking. Keogh yeah, but Hoilett ? NEVER in my book....and the same goes for that Fulham loving cnt Zamora....

Only thing about that day that got my goat was that someone like Austin or Hill weren't involved in the winner.....you know, PROPER QPR players.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                You MUST be joking. Keogh yeah, but Hoilett ? NEVER in my book....and the same goes for that Fulham loving cnt Zamora....

Only thing about that day that got my goat was that someone like Austin or Hill weren't involved in the winner.....you know, PROPER QPR players.
                                Nah i have decided he really did his bit and won the ball. I was far to hard on him. Legend to my eyes now ive gotten over how lazy he was for us, and Oh Bobby will always always always be just for that one kick alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X