Joe Lumley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Lumley

6 clean sheets in 12 for Blackpool during his loan spell. Always rated Lumley, very good young keeper imo. And someone I'd like to replace Smithies if/when he goes. Imo a better keeper than Ingram and one of our youngsters.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

I thought she also presented BAFTA pretty well although certainly no Steven fry!
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Agreed Ginge and the old skool in me loves the fact he's tall and lanky. Good GK frame imo.

Comment

Think we have 3 quality keepers.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          Think we have 3 quality keepers.
          Same here. I rate Ingram too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            Agreed Ginge and the old skool in me loves the fact he's tall and lanky. Good GK frame imo.
            Haha so true!!.... Agree with bakes aswell, 3 good keepers.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

6 clean sheets for Joe Lumley ? Absolutely Fabulous !

Comment

Joe lumley

Full column in to-days Daily Mail by The Secret Scout (page 87)
                Reckons he's worth £400k
                Good boost for Joe.

Comment

Piece from the article

WHAT HAS HE GOT?

This young goalkeeper is getting the opportunity of playing regular league football on loan at Blackpool.

The experience can only be to his advantage. In the competitive arena of League One he will toughen up by facing aerial challenges with big powerful strikers and realising the difference between academy football with the greater emphasis on results.

I liked his positioning, always keeping a sensible distance in relation to his last defender when the opposition gained possession.

He was always available for the back-pass and can use his feet to distribute wide or centrally, and has the ability to build the play with short, accurate passes.

It was not just his shot-stopping that was impressive, but he threw out a strong left hand to stop a fierce cross-shot from around 16 yards and then dived to palm away another goal-bound shot from an onrushing forward.

He positioned himself well to grab a low cross and then tipped a looping deflection over the bar.

WHAT DOES HE NEED?

For 80 minutes I could not fault his taking of crosses. But in the last minutes he made his one faux pas, completely misjudging a well-flighted cross.

That just shows how concentration is key. Generally, however, he made good early decisions to stride four paces from his six-yard box to catch brilliantly among bodies.

I was fortunate to see him on a busy day. Physically,

I think he will develop.

Tall and lithe, he has room to broaden out. He showed no sign of nerves and looks as though he could take senior football in his stride.

A calming influence among senior pros, he could well start for QPR next season.

England are seeing a new generation of goalkeepers who have all come through the youth ranks before taking loan deals. QPR may have found one of their own in young Lumley.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    6 clean sheets in 12 for Blackpool during his loan spell. Always rated Lumley, very good young keeper imo. And someone I'd like to replace Smithies if/when he goes. Imo a better keeper than Ingram and one of our youngsters.
                    How did you manage to Hijack my post?
                    That was naughty or was it an accident?

Comment

goalkeepers like buses,you wait ages for.................
                      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by bigray View Post
                        How did you manage to Hijack my post?
                        That was naughty or was it an accident?
                        Don’t think he could have hijacked anything you posted this morning last month.

Comment

Working...
                        X