Sack, leave as is, or extend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Topper, There in lies the problem our manager does not do the basics like play players in their correct position or play a system that suits the players you have at your disposal. Away record is still painful based on the 18 months he has been here so thank the man and look for someone else.
    Yep I agree.

A shame he doesn't really understand his strengths. At this level he is a Bristolian Warnock but thinks himself a Jose. Warnock won't go far in the prem with Cardiff just as he did with us (i agreed with his sacking at the time).

Current state of play, I'd keep Ollie next season. It may show a lack of ambition but the results and performances over the last 6 weeks show we can make a good football side under him.

He needs to go when the board and club as a whole are ready to push on for those top 8 spots and stay there.

Comment

Tin tack
      No consistency.
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

sack...posted ht v Weds

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          sack...posted ht v Weds
          Lol
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I say keep the management team.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              No time like the present! He's had long enough, and the only thing he has delivered is inconsitency. Exactly what happened with the dockers.

Time to look to the future. Ollie was a throwback appointment on the cheap, the board played the sentimentality card and a lot of people still can't get past that.
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Leave it alone why go into the unknown ! A gamble ?

Comment

Bar Saturday's debacle, we can all clearly see the team is starting to make progress and that the kids are starting to slot into place.

No need to sack now but no need to extend the contract.

Comment

Previously voted when the thread was originally started for Ollie to go at the end of the season.

Undecided now - for me it comes down to the club's directive. If the board are going to say we have another season with no money to play with and we need to make do, I would say Ollie is the best man for it - really don't see who else would be better off with what we have. However, if the club are going to release a little bit of dough and try and push up the table a bit, I would maintain Ollie needs to be replaced.

Huge upturn in recent weeks though, great to see & credit to Ollie where it is due.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Previously voted when the thread was originally started for Ollie to go at the end of the season.

Undecided now - for me it comes down to the club's directive. If the board are going to say we have another season with no money to play with and we need to make do, I would say Ollie is the best man for it - really don't see who else would be better off with what we have. However, if the club are going to release a little bit of dough and try and push up the table a bit, I would maintain Ollie needs to be replaced.

Huge upturn in recent weeks though, great to see & credit to Ollie where it is due.
                      If there was cash available then, based on his signings to date, I'd actually prefer Holloway to be in charge as I doubt he'd blow it all on a name.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        If there was cash available then, based on his signings to date, I'd actually prefer Holloway to be in charge as I doubt he'd blow it all on a name.
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

26 points from our first 23 games..
                          Despite a run of 1 point from 18 just after that time we now have 27 points from our last 19.

I would say consistency really is starting to show. We might have all scratched our heads last night after the team was announced, but we won 4-2

The manager made a brave but ultimately sensible decision not to add in January and in fact cut down the squad. All this against a backdrop of the threat of being sacked.

The youth are coming through and past ‘favourites’ are being moved on.

The club is returning to a well run club that I honestly think wouldn’t have happened under another manager.

I voted (some time ago) to give him another season and I honestly think it’s the least he deserves.

Comment

I want a new hat in the dugout.fresh blood whom may rock say a beret
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                              I want a new hat in the dugout.fresh blood whom may rock say a beret
                              found him mate, someone tweet uncle............

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

£50 in the bet to name a position...

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                What's so funny? The last few results prove the inconsistency.

The statement was 100% correct. You forget what happened with Ollie at Palace and Millwall. You are exactly the kind of person who bought the sentimental card off the board. That's OK, but I notice no one has come forward to take up my offer re next seasons finish position if he stays.

Its all pissingin the wind unless you are prepared to back your opinion with cash. I am ready to do so.
                                Last edited by hal9thou; 11-04-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X