Sack, leave as is, or extend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    I dont think we should keep him on even though he has finally done a good job and the team is playing well and its probably the youngest team we have ever had.
    Will he ever do better than we are now though?

Are we the most impatient and most demanding fans in football?
    I was reading a very good interview with Ainsworth yesterday and he said football is just short sharp fixes now and managers get sacked far to quickly.
    It took him 18 months to get a squad he wanted and all the players to have been given contracts by him.
    Hes the 4th longest serving manager in the game and he even says he witnessed the chaos of getting rid of multiple managers at QPR, so its clearly not just an Uncle thing.
    Is it a Rangers fans thing?
    I wouldnt say it would be fair to label Rs fans as the most impatient and demanding fans in football, when u consider the managers we've had over the years and what they've made us watch -
    Not really knowing whos in or out with the revolving managers door under tango and cash
    The circus with Hughes
    Redknapp
    Ramsey
    JFH
    and now - the oldest, most experienced apprentice there ever was Holloway.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Apprentice

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        I wouldnt say it would be fair to label Rs fans as the most impatient and demanding fans in football, when u consider the managers we've had over the years and what they've made us watch -
        Not really knowing whos in or out with the revolving managers door under tango and cash
        The circus with Hughes
        Redknapp
        Ramsey
        JFH
        and now - the oldest, most experienced apprentice there ever was Holloway.
        Go pre uncle days when Ainsworth was here (and before) that he was talking about. Harford , Dowie etc. They had to put revolving doors in the managers office.
        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 26-03-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Go back to the Ollie out poll. He hasn't and won't do enough to warrant an extension to his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            So you were judging him on a single performance in his correct position. Players do have off days. And he was a young player at a new club. Extremely unfair to just judge him on one game.

I'll add that he may well not be the real deal, but to say he's had a fair crack in his correct position is simply untrue.
            Agree with this!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Living in the past Pinkie. He has done nothing in years, been poor for most of last 5+ years and aside from recent improvement poor for us. May as well say George Graham won the league and get him on board using that logic.
              George Graham would probably have been a better bet than any of the managers we've had in the past 5 or so years.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                George Graham would probably have been a better bet than any of the managers we've had in the past 5 or so years.....
                Plenty of 1-0 wins I bet

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  Go back to the Ollie out poll. He hasn't and won't do enough to warrant an extension to his contract.
                  The sudden turn around in results and performance is due to a formation swap. We;ve got a ways to go, but it clearly shows the squad is good, that the youth coming through enhances that. Ollie has to have been doing some things right.

Still not the future but right now, if he continues as he has been, this last month. I'll swallow my words and say stay on for another season. But only on the proviso we play like we have been recently, and continue the development of younger players, whilst retaining key first team regulars.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                    The sudden turn around in results and performance is due to a formation swap. We;ve got a ways to go, but it clearly shows the squad is good, that the youth coming through enhances that. Ollie has to have been doing some things right.

Still not the future but right now, if he continues as he has been, this last month. I'll swallow my words and say stay on for another season. But only on the proviso we play like we have been recently, and continue the development of younger players, whilst retaining key first team regulars.
                    Am inclined to agree with most of this
                    I'm curious as to who suggested (forcefully I would've thought, bearing in mind his stubbornness) the formation change
                    It is that single act that has changed the team and results.
                    What we have to bear in mind is that the team are playing for him, and who would want the job.
                    It's no good destroying the good work that's been done bringing the youngsters through.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      We got Houston instead hehehe

Comment

IH is going to take us backwards, no ideas, no plans, no understanding of modern football. Get rid.

Comment

We won't sack him,and probably shouldn't either,he works on a zero budget ,has brought on the young players,has us safe (98% safe anyway)from relegation with 5 games to go,I think the board should let him stay BUT don't offer him a longer contact, no need for that

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            We won't sack him,and probably shouldn't either,he works on a zero budget ,has brought on the young players,has us safe (98% safe anyway)from relegation with 5 games to go,I think the board should let him stay BUT don't offer him a longer contact, no need for that
                            Agree with this, I think it's probably the best way forward now especially if the budget will remain so low, the longer contract doesn't make sense, all mangers have a shelf life!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Time to say goodbye for me.

I appreciate what he's done on a low budget (bet ours is still higher than most clubs in the league) and for bringing young players through but the reason I want him moved on is I honestly don't think he will progress us at all. He still has an atrocious away record, he is still digging out players publicly which is an absolute sin as far as I'm concerned, especially when you have so many shortcomings yourself and in general he's a below average manager.

I read yesterday our stats are the worst they've been for 17 years. Guess who was manager then? Yep Ian Hollowhead.

Time to cut ties and get a manager in who can get the maximum out of this squad who I think could be pretty decent personally.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                                IH is going to take us backwards, no ideas, no plans, no understanding of modern football. Get rid.
                                Warnock has no understanding of 'modern football'.

JFH understood it well.

Personality in a manager and understanding of footballs basics is whats needed at the level 99% of teams play at.

Comment

Working...
                                X