Sack, leave as is, or extend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I see this season as an opportunity lost, not a job well done. Imagine where we might have got to with the right formation and best starting 11 selected from week 1? I'll give Ollie praise for the conditioning of the players and holding morale together, when at times it looked like we were in trouble. But it doesn't make up for the tactical buffoonery as far as I'm concerned.

All academic though as Tony loves him, and he's cheap as chips. This little run of form we're on will cement Ollie's place as manager for another season I'm sure!
    So you know for sure that these youngsters that have brought pace and skill along with enthusiasm were ready from week one ! Yeah go on mate

Comment

All about replacements... IF there's a suitable replacement, then get rid. Blokes to much of a liability imho, plenty of proof of that to!.... All we'd be asking of the next possible replacement would be to give the youngsters a go. And that would be all the "building" that holloways been doing sorted..... All I know is that I im not 100% confident in IH to consider giving him another contract, let alone giving him another contract!!
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        Everyone knows my opinion on this and wanting him to stay, personally think people are mad to even think of wanting to get rid even if we`re doing well, would be madness that and we could lose whats building up.
        tbh pinks i've always thought you were on the fence about ollie, thats the vibe i get anyway

i do agree to a degree though, ollies tenure has been rather mixed with more lows than highs BUT we are improving under him atm. if we have a solid end to the season then yes he should stay but if we go on another terrible end then he should be off. its work in progress atm and as long as he doesn't fanny around with the team then we should be fine!

i'm more concerned with players leaving to better clubs than i am the manager though!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
          tbh pinks i've always thought you were on the fence about ollie, thats the vibe i get anyway

i do agree to a degree though, ollies tenure has been rather mixed with more lows than highs BUT we are improving under him atm. if we have a solid end to the season then yes he should stay but if we go on another terrible end then he should be off. its work in progress atm and as long as he doesn't fanny around with the team then we should be fine!

i'm more concerned with players leaving to better clubs than i am the manager though!
          Haha made me laugh & i agree with you, but still think we will have one or two patches of form with us being a young side, but keep everything as we are and we are definately improving.
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

The trouble with Holloway is that he goes on a good little run then has to start tinkering resulting in a bad run. Like it or not we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future. As long as he shuts up more and doesn't tinker I'm willing to put up with him.

Comment

Now that he's stopped with the 5-3-2 crap and we've picked up form as a result, I'm happy to keep him for next season provided he a) strengthens the forward line (finances willing) and b) keeps the same formation and brings the youngsters through.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                So you know for sure that these youngsters that have brought pace and skill along with enthusiasm were ready from week one ! Yeah go on mate
                Definitely not saying that all of these young players were ready for 1st team football from the first kick of the season. Who knows if they were. I think Smyth has had a few injury problems, and Eze probably needed that loan at Wycombe before being thrust into the first team. BOS was available and coming off a good season at Blackpool though, wasn't he? Furlong has also been available all season and we've picked Pawel and Cousins at RB/RWB ahead of him until the last few weeks.

What I definitely do know is that 3 at the back wasn't right. It wasn't right when we utilised it last season, and we didn't sign anyone in the summer to change that. I also know that Jamie Mackie and Conor Washington should have been nowhere near that first team. If that wasn't apparent before the season started, it certainly was a handful of games in. On top of this, I know that Pawel, Bidwell and Cousins are not wing backs, regardless of how many time we try playing them there.

Comment

Not sure who people mean when they only want IH if a better manager isn't available. Surely the man who got Blackpool (!) promoted without spending big is our best chance of also us going there, as this is the route we want.

Whilst I think he has done ok this year, we have been a lower mid-table club. I would like us to be a few places higher next year (say 10th). If progression isn't happening, then it doesn't make sense to extend

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    If season finishes as last few games have gone I would be inclined to retain but he needs a strong finish.

Next few games look like we can build on recent good form so how we come out of that will be telling and probably determine what should happen don’t mean it will
                    This. Only thing I would add is if we get a sniff of a decent championship manager we should take it. Four decent games preceded by circa 60 mainly poor ones does not inspire trust.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      This. Only thing I would add is if we get a sniff of a decent championship manager we should take it. Four decent games preceded by circa 60 mainly poor ones does not inspire trust.
                      And if we did get a sniff of a decent championship manager and got rid of our clueless div 2 manager whos never done anything as a manager promotion wise and said new manager didnt produce the instant success and goods after two matches - what then?

Comment

The games between now and the end of the season will ultimately determine whats happens, remember what happened last season when we thought we were safe, we are though safe now. As i have always said I am no longer a Holloway fan but if we are winning then I am happy and if we don't go on any stupid losing streaks again this season, then happy for another season. I certainly don't think we should be extending his contract though, that would be a little silly IMHO. I would love to be eating humble pie this time next season with us pushing for the play offs and i hope thats the case but we have got lucky this season, as normally we would have got dragged into a relegation fight but the bottom 5 are just plain rubbish. We are still a few wins away from getting to last seasons points total but fair play to him, the last month he has changed the system and we have got some very unlikely results. I just wished he hadn't turned on the fans as he has, this and last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Hubbs no offence but how can it be by default when in january time he had quoted that he was going to build his squad around eze & the young exciting young players coming through?! he had it planned how we are playing now & was all about timing etc
                          I don't recall him saying that Pinks but if he did then I'd revise my opinion somewhat and fair play to him. We haven't really got much choice anyway, have we? Like Fernandes, I wish he would just shut up and get on with the job, that would help. Consistency is key and he needs to start showing it, along with a bit of humility. But I don't think that's in his nature. We also have to consider how much of an influence Ramsay has been as his number 2. If the recent change to 4 at the back is down to him, we really need him to maintain that influence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            I don't recall him saying that Pinks but if he did then I'd revise my opinion somewhat and fair play to him. We haven't really got much choice anyway, have we? Like Fernandes, I wish he would just shut up and get on with the job, that would help. Consistency is key and he needs to start showing it, along with a bit of humility. But I don't think that's in his nature. We also have to consider how much of an influence Ramsay has been as his number 2. If the recent change to 4 at the back is down to him, we really need him to maintain that influence.
                            Yes i agree and i had put the link up, but also think hes showed his passionate side by at times losing it abit, as he was as miffed as all of us with our performances.

Heres the link ive put up about 3 times now https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...build-14102223

Comment

2 year extension agreed already in principal. Uncle T adores him and wants stability plus he is doing the job he was brought in to do.. Will be announced over the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                All about replacements... IF there's a suitable replacement, then get rid. Blokes to much of a liability imho, plenty of proof of that to!.... All we'd be asking of the next possible replacement would be to give the youngsters a go. And that would be all the "building" that holloways been doing sorted..... All I know is that I im not 100% confident in IH to consider giving him another contract, let alone giving him another contract!!
                                This this this this. Every last worf
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X