• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    This this this this. Every last worf
    Are we talking Canary or Butlers?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Definitely not saying that all of these young players were ready for 1st team football from the first kick of the season. Who knows if they were. I think Smyth has had a few injury problems, and Eze probably needed that loan at Wycombe before being thrust into the first team. BOS was available and coming off a good season at Blackpool though, wasn't he? Furlong has also been available all season and we've picked Pawel and Cousins at RB/RWB ahead of him until the last few weeks.

What I definitely do know is that 3 at the back wasn't right. It wasn't right when we utilised it last season, and we didn't sign anyone in the summer to change that. I also know that Jamie Mackie and Conor Washington should have been nowhere near that first team. If that wasn't apparent before the season started, it certainly was a handful of games in. On top of this, I know that Pawel, Bidwell and Cousins are not wing backs, regardless of how many time we try playing them there.
      No furlong was injured for quite a while early season and certainly had his chance to early as did manning and the lad out on loan none actually ready , Cousins is a dud the manager has actually said BOS isn't still quite ready , so he worked with what he in the shape of Mackie Washington ect ok they didn't achieve , yep the 4 at the is an obvious choice but it wasn't the only aspect of the team that was missing

Comment

a month or so i wanted him gone , now can't make my mind up . i went and renewed after the fulham game because i saw fight .
        holloway has lots of passion but has always lacked tactically and doesn't read games very well .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          a month or so i wanted him gone , now can't make my mind up . i went and renewed after the fulham game because i saw fight .
          holloway has lots of passion but has always lacked tactically and doesn't read games very well .
          agree 100% with the bottom line, that's why I'd like someone else in
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

If he leaves the 3 at the back alone and can sign a 20 goal a season striker he can stay as long as he likes for all I care

Comment

The latest Loftcast interview confirmed my doubts about IH. Christ knows how the players can understand a sentence he's saying.

Comment

Stability is key. Think Ollie needs a full summer working with our squad of boys.

Comment

He too Jekyll and Hyde. No consistency at all. Nice bloke,tries but like woy is management of a past era. Games moved on so part ways for me.
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    And if we did get a sniff of a decent championship manager and got rid of our clueless div 2 manager whos never done anything as a manager promotion wise and said new manager didnt produce the instant success and goods after two matches - what then?
                    Living in the past Pinkie. He has done nothing in years, been poor for most of last 5+ years and aside from recent improvement poor for us. May as well say George Graham won the league and get him on board using that logic.

However if he can show between now and end of season some consistency (which will inevitably include losing some) then willing to see him take us into next season.

If we recruit another manager, and not another daft appointment like Ollie, suspect fans would give them time. Main issues with Ollie:

1. Had his time. Was out of management for 18 months before getting job with us and no I don't buy that would only come to us nonsense. His appointment at the time made no sense to most people.

2. Baffling team set up and tactics a lot of the time plus general inability to effectively make changes during games.

3. Whilst a character has developed a habit of coming across as an arrogant imbecile too much of the time which will grate on fans more.

Don't think anyone here expects instant results but your hero has had about 70 odd games and farked up in way too many of those. He has bought himself some time with recent improvement. Lets hope he takes advantage of it and continues that good work and we will all be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      So given we are hopefully now safe and assuming we consolidate our existing position with the remaining few games what are peoples views on Holloway now?
                      For me although he is limited tactically (or rather sometimes tries to be a bit cleverer tactically than he actually is) overall he has done a good job this season. We will probably need to do more of the same next season and I would leave him in place to do that without actually extending his contract.
                      Dito, totally unnecessary to extend his contact ,Barcelona and PSG will hardly come knocking. He has done an OK job so far,not brilliant, but better than I expected.

Comment

I dont think we should keep him on even though he has finally done a good job and the team is playing well and its probably the youngest team we have ever had.
                        Will he ever do better than we are now though?

Are we the most impatient and most demanding fans in football?
                        I was reading a very good interview with Ainsworth yesterday and he said football is just short sharp fixes now and managers get sacked far to quickly.
                        It took him 18 months to get a squad he wanted and all the players to have been given contracts by him.
                        Hes the 4th longest serving manager in the game and he even says he witnessed the chaos of getting rid of multiple managers at QPR, so its clearly not just an Uncle thing.
                        Is it a Rangers fans thing?
                        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 26-03-2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                          Living in the past Pinkie. He has done nothing in years, been poor for most of last 5+ years and aside from recent improvement poor for us. May as well say George Graham won the league and get him on board using that logic.

However if he can show between now and end of season some consistency (which will inevitably include losing some) then willing to see him take us into next season.

If we recruit another manager, and not another daft appointment like Ollie, suspect fans would give them time. Main issues with Ollie:

1. Had his time. Was out of management for 18 months before getting job with us and no I don't buy that would only come to us nonsense. His appointment at the time made no sense to most people.

2. Baffling team set up and tactics a lot of the time plus general inability to effectively make changes during games.

3. Whilst a character has developed a habit of coming across as an arrogant imbecile too much of the time which will grate on fans more.

Don't think anyone here expects instant results but your hero has had about 70 odd games and farked up in way too many of those. He has bought himself some time with recent improvement. Lets hope he takes advantage of it and continues that good work and we will all be happy.
                          Bang on the money.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Cousins is a dud
                            As a wingback definitely, which is the only position Ollie has consistently played him in. He's a CM by trade though but has never had a consistent run in that position since joining the club almost two years ago. Describing him as a dud when he's barely featured in his correct position is unjustified IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              As a wingback definitely, which is the only position Ollie has consistently played him in. He's a CM by trade though but has never had a consistent run in that position since joining the club almost two years ago. Describing him as a dud when he's barely featured in his correct position is unjustified IMO.
                              Totally disagree. I've seen him in his rightful position last season and I thought he was utter turd. Couldn't even do the basics right and certainly not a natural athlete. Hope we move him on in the summer!
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                Totally disagree. I've seen him in his rightful position last season and I thought he was utter turd. Couldn't even do the basics right and certainly not a natural athlete. Hope we move him on in the summer!
                                So you were judging him on a single performance in his correct position. Players do have off days. And he was a young player at a new club. Extremely unfair to just judge him on one game.

I'll add that he may well not be the real deal, but to say he's had a fair crack in his correct position is simply untrue.

Comment

Working...
                                X