Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Bring back the drum!!!

Do you remember the drum that was in the Loft in the 60’s and 70’s, I think the owner use to tie it to the floodlight and retrieve for use during the games.

And the chant that went up from the Loft at every corner “- in the net”!!
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Yes remember it well & all good fun at the time but not now!

Comment

• What a player........what a team....never see the like again

Comment

• Comment

• #SimonStainrod After #TerryVenables left #LoftusRoad in 1984 for Barcelona, the side quickly fell apart under the unsuccessful reign of #AlanMullery and many players including Stainrod left the club.

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Player not mentioned much

Comment

• And another

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      Player not mentioned much

Dean Coney , not the greatest , didn’t he come as part of the Paul Parker deal.

Comment

• Yeah seems to be right if I remember

Comment

• Comment

• Credit to QPR Report for this nice piece from our history

On this Day in 1987 – The QPR Open Day

AUGUST 16, 2013 FINNEY
                            Twenty six years ago today the QPR Open Day was held at Loftus Road from 10.30am to around lunch time. The Chairman, David Bulstrode, welcomed R’s fans and their families in the 4-page programme:

‘I would like to welcome all supporters to our Family Open Day. I hope the weather is fine – what a good year this would have been to lay our grass pitch. It is our intention to develop the involvement of our supporters in the activities of the Club and keep you regularly informed of news of Club affairs. Do remember Rangers Club Call on 0898-121162 for up-to-date information.

Rangers Stadium has always been a safe ground for families. With the general improvement in behaviour we hope that more and more families will come together to enjoy the football. Have a good day.’

David W Bulstrode – Chairman

qpr flier

The programme of events was listed as follows:

11.00: Coaching & Training Session – 1st Team, Reserves and Youth Team

12.00: Autograph Session, Meet the Players etc

1.00: Finish

* Visit the “Football Today” Magazine Caravan

* Refreshments available from the bar behind the Ellerslie Road Stand. Soft drinks, tea, coffee, hot dogs, crisps.

The Club’s Open Days were usually held pre-season, but Rangers had won their opening game 3-0 at Upton Park the previous day. It was a match I remember very well and it marked Paul Parker’s league debut for the R’s.

Steve Russell MEMORABILIA. PERMALINK.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X