4iRYiQr.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Celebration.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Sir Alf Ramsey watching a game at Loftus Rd.

BZJ3268CIAALnIr.jpg
    Last edited by Stanley; 18-11-2018, 10:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    FMb61h2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Hubble View Post

Evelyn Lintott who appears in this picture was the first Rangers player to play for England. He joined Rangers in 1907, making his professional debut in the replay of the 1908 Charity Shield match. He was also one of many players who who gave their lives in the 1WW and his name was read out during the ceremony last Saturday v Brentford. When WW1 was declared in 1914, Lintott was one of the first players to sign up for army service and joined the West Yorkshire Regiment's 15th Battalion, known as the Leeds Pals.[4] He was promoted to lieutenant and became the first professional footballer to hold a commission.[3][4] He was killed in action on 1 July 1916, the first day on the Somme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Lintott

Jesus 1st day..........I heard of soldiers not even getting to fire a shot in anger before being killed.....Boys, just kids.
    Imagine some of these namby pamby w**kers today being asked to do the same......I sometimes imagine myself
    being asked.....Have to say not sure i could live up to these brave MEN even the 18 yo and younger men.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by vespa View Post

Well ?
    No sorry vesp, it was a question/statement to Leighsy. I thought he knew the fella and was taking the P

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Glad you're enjoying it mate, I love old photos, obv anyone is more
    than welcome to share their pics vids etc.....(non ####) Leigshy...

Leave a comment:

• brightonr
    replied
    Hubble, that last sentence gave me a chilling reminder of something I heard last week. Apparently we lost over 47,000 men on that day alone. Horrific.

On a lighter note, great thread Dave, loving it.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Evelyn Lintott who appears in this picture was the first Rangers player to play for England. He joined Rangers in 1907, making his professional debut in the replay of the 1908 Charity Shield match. He was also one of many players who who gave their lives in the 1WW and his name was read out during the ceremony last Saturday v Brentford. When WW1 was declared in 1914, Lintott was one of the first players to sign up for army service and joined the West Yorkshire Regiment's 15th Battalion, known as the Leeds Pals.[4] He was promoted to lieutenant and became the first professional footballer to hold a commission.[3][4] He was killed in action on 1 July 1916, the first day on the Somme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Lintott

Leave a comment:

• vespa
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

You know who that is don't you
    Well ?

Leave a comment:

• Gtleighsr3
    replied

couldnt see past the hideous garb to notice who rockin them

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post

that bloke wearing them black qpr tracky bottoms,why oh why oh why,was he homeless,why else would u wear them,god let alone buy them.

Leave a comment:

• Gtleighsr3
    replied
    Liked this when it was brought out
    that bloke wearing them black qpr tracky bottoms,why oh why oh why,was he homeless,why else would u wear them,god let alone buy them.

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Liked this when it was brought out
    Now those really were the days.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Feel that was one of the more livelier debuts at Loftus Road

Leave a comment:

Working...