No announcement yet.

QPR Finances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we need to sell one good player (Smithies the most likely) for 10 million and release the likes of Jet, Perch, Baptiste, Mackie and one of Sylla or CW. We may try to get Ned and Robinson on lower deals as both are important for the team. If the club are to lose one of those two, I prefer to be Ned, as he's on higher wages and older. Selling the young players will be stupid as we will never get anywhere doing so. We must do our business without jeopardizing our status.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      #joblot
      #buyonegettwofree
      #willecceptgiftcards
      #qprcash
      BOGOF

Comment

Bloke i know very close to the club reckons the powers that be at the OOC are very worried about Unc keep selling all our best players every transfer window as it appears he does not have the neccesary funds to inject into the massive building project by doing so.
        So hes determined to lose our 'Selling Club' tag for the first time since he has taken over and refuse to sell any players at the end of the season.
        We ALL know the only reason he is still here, and the only reason he came here is to get his fat bungling fingers in the OOC pie, so hes not putting that in jepoardy whatsoever.
        So mark my words, not one single player out unless Hollow Head wants him gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
          I always thought we received parachute income of 24, 16, 10 and 10m for the 4 years since relegation as per original reports, however, something must of changed as in year 1 (15/16) we actually received 29.1m and year 2 (16/17) we received even more at 31.1m ! As a result, i am rather perplexed but someone might be able to explain why. Does it also mean we will receive more than us fans are anticipating for year 3 and 4? Because if so, this would have extremely positive implications to your model!
          Due to the new TV deal prior to the 2016/2017 season the figures increased a lot. We received ca £30m in 2016/2017 which was the second of four years with parachute payments. Year 3 and 4 give half of year 2.

Comment

I'm sorry, I haven't given justice to the attention your analysis deserves (yet), but one paragraph immediately jumps out at me.

There is one way out for Ruben: He needs to stop charging interest on his loans, because it is counter-productive and damaging for his own best interests. Whether the club pays the interest or not does not matter. It is anyway affecting FFP calculations. If he replaces convertible interests with some sort of warrants (allowing him to increase his ownership), already from this season, everything would look much better. It will save us more than £20m over the next three years and we can keep hold of most players (we will still be a selling club though). But whether he will do this is yet to be seen. There is no more pressing issues that these interest charges as I see it.

I cannot understand any benefit to the current arrangement. He is simply diluting everyone else's holding, but giving a big hit (via the interest charge) to the profitability of the club on which FFP is calculated. Obviously if he bought existing shareholders shares, it would not generate the funds needed by the club. But surely some sort of Rights Issue not subscribed to by other share holders, or a separate share class to which the rights issue only applied to would suffice?

If he is notionally receiving interest, wouldn't that attract tax as income? I can't see how the current arrangement benefits anyone?

It's good to see we still have supporters with the professional acumen to digest, analyse and comment on the financial status of the club. (I could have put that better if I wasn't under a time pressure - Dinner is serves - Thai curry!! Yum yum!)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Bloke i know very close to the club reckons the powers that be at the OOC are very worried about Unc keep selling all our best players every transfer window as it appears he does not have the neccesary funds to inject into the massive building project by doing so.
              So hes determined to lose our 'Selling Club' tag for the first time since he has taken over and refuse to sell any players at the end of the season.
              We ALL know the only reason he is still here, and the only reason he came here is to get his fat bungling fingers in the OOC pie, so hes not putting that in jepoardy whatsoever.
              This makes no sense at all, Kev. First of all, Tony owns between 10% and 15% and will own far less later this year, ones Ruben has converted outstanding interests once again to shares. My bet is that by the start of the new season (or latest some time in Q3) Tony will own less than 3-4% of the club and will leave the position as co chairman. Ruben will either be the only chairman or he will appoint another person.

If not one single player gets sold we will be in breach of FFP rules for the second time, and no one at QPR are stupid enough to let that happen. Not only will it lead to a new penalty but it will do serious harm to the appeal process of the first FFP penalty, that is yet not finally decided.

The only way we could avoid selling key players is that Ruben draw up new T&C for his shareholder loans, based on much lower interest rates.
              Last edited by QPROslo; 27-03-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                I'm sorry, I haven't given justice to the attention your analysis deserves (yet), but one paragraph immediately jumps out at me.

There is one way out for Ruben: He needs to stop charging interest on his loans, because it is counter-productive and damaging for his own best interests. Whether the club pays the interest or not does not matter. It is anyway affecting FFP calculations. If he replaces convertible interests with some sort of warrants (allowing him to increase his ownership), already from this season, everything would look much better. It will save us more than £20m over the next three years and we can keep hold of most players (we will still be a selling club though). But whether he will do this is yet to be seen. There is no more pressing issues that these interest charges as I see it.

I cannot understand any benefit to the current arrangement. He is simply diluting everyone else's holding, but giving a big hit (via the interest charge) to the profitability of the club on which FFP is calculated. Obviously if he bought existing shareholders shares, it would not generate the funds needed by the club. But surely some sort of Rights Issue not subscribed to by other share holders, or a separate share class to which the rights issue only applied to would suffice?

If he is notionally receiving interest, wouldn't that attract tax as income? I can't see how the current arrangement benefits anyone?

It's good to see we still have supporters with the professional acumen to digest, analyse and comment on the financial status of the club. (I could have put that better if I wasn't under a time pressure - Dinner is serves - Thai curry!! Yum yum!)
                You are spot on, couldn't have said it any better. This interest arrangement (up to 2% per month) is very counter-productive to Ruben himself, as he dilutes the club in such a way he ends up with no values.

Comment

Oslo surely the ffp cant punish you if nobody wants any of your players. Do we have to threaten clubs with physical violence to buy the likes of sylla who has been for sale for donkeys years now.

Comment

I dont think we will sell one single player that plays or is any good.
                    I'm not so sure mate.

I think if the right money comes in for Smithies or Luongo we will struggle to keep them. I also don't think Robinson or Ned will renew their contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      I'm not so sure mate.

I think if the right money comes in for Smithies or Luongo we will struggle to keep them. I also don't think Robinson or Ned will renew their contracts.
                      Tarbs i dont think any other club sees smithies as anywhere near as good as we do.
                      I mean McCarthy went to a prem club as sub and he wasnt even playing for us. Doesnt that say it all

Comment

Tarbs i dont think any other club sees smithies as anywhere near as good as we do.
                        I mean McCarthy went to a prem club as sub and he wasnt even playing for us. Doesnt that say it all
                        McCarthy was sh*te though mate. I called it at the time, and got shot down by plenty on here for it. He was never good enough for us, let alone bigger clubs.

Smithies is decent though. Could easily be plying his trade in the top flight. Other clubs may not see it, but anyone who watches us play every weeks surely must do!
                        Last edited by Tarbie; 27-03-2018, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Thats my point mate, good keepers are in such short supply we even got rid of our reserve to a prem club.
                          If smithies was going to be spotted i think it would of been done and dusted by now.

Comment

The interest charged by Rubin was offset against the purchase of shares from Tony. So I would guess it was a one off.
                            I am not sure how it plays out in the overall losses column re FFP, but if it needs to be included it is more than likely that the board sanctioned the deal because they were certain they would not go over the FFP limit for this season.
                            Presume their accountants advised this was the best way for shares to be transfered without Rubin actually needing to pay extra for them.

Comment

Originally posted by padam View Post
                              The interest charged by Rubin was offset against the purchase of shares from Tony. So I would guess it was a one off.
                              I am not sure how it plays out in the overall losses column re FFP, but if it needs to be included it is more than likely that the board sanctioned the deal because they were certain they would not go over the FFP limit for this season.
                              Presume their accountants advised this was the best way for shares to be transfered without Rubin actually needing to pay extra for them.
                              Padam, can I suggest you also post this in the "I think we have to sell players for £10m to £20m" thread? As it really would be pertinent to that discussion.

Comment

Seriously, if someone hasn’t said it already - you need to give it a rest. You’re sarcasm is not funny, well overdone and frankly rather pathetic. Maybe one day you might actually grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X