No announcement yet.

Thank you Tony Fernandes and the club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad your grandfather had a really special day Maidstone.

My dad died end of last month suddenly. Dad had been going to QPR since he was a little lad. His sister wrote to the club and got a lovely reply from Matt Webb. Matt got my fathers photograph into the Sunderland game programme and my mum received a lovely letter from the club. We really have a special club. Just a shame his last game was the 2-5 to Forest!

Comment

Great to hear this kind of stuff from the club

I got an infection in my leg last year which meant I spent nearly a month in St Marys Paddington and the club sent me a really nice personal get well letter which really raised my spirits no end
      Last edited by IsleworthRanger; 12-03-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Ollie,
        No, that's Pinkie. He just looks the same age now.
        Last edited by davieqpr; 12-03-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting this Maids. So glad you both had a great day and what a special one for Grandad I bet
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Excellent stuff.
            Things like this and isles story and grenfell etc make me even more shocked when i read people on here posting 'faek off out my club uncle bungle you fat see you enn tee'.

Mistakes have been made of course, but hes paid for every single one of them and i dont think this club has ever been more charitable, approachable and fan friendly. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Excellent stuff.
              Things like this and isles story and grenfell etc make me even more shocked when i read people on here posting 'faek off out my club uncle bungle you fat see you enn tee'.

Mistakes have been made of course, but hes paid for every single one of them and i dont think this club has ever been more charitable, approachable and fan friendly. Ever.

Well said Kev!

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                Well said Kev!

Comment

Great story Maids. This is a special club I was taken seriously ill back in 92 at Everton away. A few months later I got a card from the club signed by everyone with personal messages and was invited to spend the day training with them. Funnily enough Andy Sinton took me under his wing when we arrived and sat with us over lunch along with Macca. Then got invited into Gerry’s office for a chat and a coffee, which for somebody who grew up watching Gerry and Co through the 70’s, was a bit special. I still don’t know how they even knew I’d been taken ill at the game, my family and mates say they didn’t contact them.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    I know Tony isn’t the must popular fella on this site nor our DOF but yesterday they made a old man very happy who happens to be my grandad

My grandad turned 90 in January this year and has supported QPR all his life and is a born and bred West Londoner. His dad supported us before we were even QPR and were called St Judes(I think).
                    My children are now the 5th generation of fans and like everyone on here the club means the world to us.

My uncle reached out to the club late last year to explain it was my grandads 90th and the response has been amazing ever since.
                    Tony Fernandes recorded a private message for my grandad to be played at his birthday in which he invited him and another to be his VIP guest for the game yesterday.

I was lucky enough to be the one my grandad invited to share the day and I must say what an experience it was. The staff were all amazing from the moment we arrived and we got to experience
                    C Club.

We were even put on Tony Fernandes table and even though sadly he wasn’t at yesterday’s game we were lucky enough to sit with Les Ferdinand and his guests. Les and Andy Sinton were true gents and really took the time to listen to my grandads stories and mementoes about the club.

We had a fantastic day, met fantastic people and fantastic seats. We even got to see us win. I just wanted to post on here and mention how first class the club was and although yes there are issues behind the scenes they certainly look after their own when needed.

Fair play to the club and TF for doing this. im never going to be TF biggest fan but is fans that makes a club and if you have been treated in a way that makes you share your experience then well done QPR for making you and your family feel important.

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post

My dad died end of last month suddenly. Dad had been going to QPR since he was a little lad. His sister wrote to the club and got a lovely reply from Matt Webb. Matt got my fathers photograph into the Sunderland game programme and my mum received a lovely letter from the club. We really have a special club. Just a shame his last game was the 2-5 to Forest!
                      Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        Sorry for your loss.
                        Thanks mate. I'm going to miss him.

Comment

sent my mate a signed shirt when he was in a coma 12 yrs ago

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post

Blimey. My condolences mate.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2