No announcement yet.

13 points clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always feel this team is capable of a 7 game losing streak at any point so until we are 21 points clear or mathematically safe I'll not be counting any chickens. The fact that are teams like Sunderland, Birmingham and Burton down there dies give is a massive safety net though.
    Has there been any other championship season when the teams that got relegated from the Prem the season before have been so rubbish.... it's been a massive bonus that the league has so many teams at ,east as duff as us in it. Next season we will not be so lucky and will have to up our game - be nice to start laying foundations during remainder of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      I always feel this team is capable of a 7 game losing streak at any point so until we are 21 points clear or mathematically safe I'll not be counting any chickens. The fact that are teams like Sunderland, Birmingham and Burton down there dies give is a massive safety net though.
      Has there been any other championship season when the teams that got relegated from the Prem the season before have been so rubbish.... it's been a massive bonus that the league has so many teams at ,east as duff as us in it. Next season we will not be so lucky and will have to up our game - be nice to start laying foundations during remainder of this season.
      Whilst you’re looking in that crystal ball you mind letting us know next weeks lottery numbers ?
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Whilst you’re looking in that crystal ball you mind letting us know next weeks lottery numbers ?
        We lost 6 games on the trot last season from a decent position and nearly went down so never in doubt is nonsense.

We're safe now though and I'm well happy with that.

Restructure in the summer tho. Please don't extend Ollies contract.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          We lost 6 games on the trot last season from a decent position and nearly went down so never in doubt is nonsense.

You’ve seemingly quoted the wrong comment?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            You’ve seemingly quoted the wrong comment?
            I like to be unpredictable

Or it's the beer after a happy day and 3 points

Comment

I like to be unpredictable

Or it's the beer after a happy day and 3 points
              Haha always tastes better after a win

Comment

Mr Ian Holloway's words:

and in the end we saw a young kid's talent get us something out of nothing.

"It wasn't the prettiest, but we'll take that and I'm delighted the young lad is showing why I've put faith in him.

"What I need is the fans to stick with us, because in some games that stardust won't show."

Clearly I've been in a parallel universe all season.

Comment

It really was never in doubt, even when the realists mentioned our obvious relegation battle for the 937th time thus season after we beat Burton away.
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

We're never going down. But it's in spite of Ollie, not because of him.

Comment

To be honest I didn't once think we were going down this season. Did we even come close? I'm sure we've been at least 6 or 8 point clear?
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Im glad its gone from 'in a titanic relegation battle' to 'it would take a titanic collapse'.
                        Tbf we are pretty safe not because we have been good but the likes of Burton Sunderland and Birmingham have been so bad,most seasons any team that finishes below 50 points are relegated but this season looks like it will only take 46 points to stay up such is the quality of teams below us. I wouldn't exactly be offering Holloway any extention on his contact just yet .

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          It really was never in doubt, even when the realists mentioned our obvious relegation battle for the 937th time thus season after we beat Burton away.
                          It was only the 934th Blue. (I deleted a few).
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            Tbf we are pretty safe not because we have been good but the likes of Burton Sunderland and Birmingham have been so bad,most seasons any team that finishes below 50 points are relegated but this season looks like it will only take 46 points to stay up such is the quality of teams below us. I wouldn't exactly be offering Holloway any extention on his contact just yet .
                            I wouldn’t be offering you a contract as a betting expert with your prediction that we would be in a relegation battle. Doesn’t matter how gash the other teams have been as you said from day 1 to day 150 (or how many days there has been) that we would be fighting relegation but it hasn’t happened. Barring first few games of the season we have never been within 6 points of the bottom 3 but that hasn’t stopped the non stop words of wisdom that we are in a fight to stay up.

Comment

Obviously peoples thoughts on being in a relegation battle comes with the two 6 game losing runs last season, our inconsistency this and the expectations of everyone below us doing a little better than they have been. No one seems to be making a fist of it or putting a run together like in most previous years. So while we are still capable of going on bad runs. Although hopefully not now Ollie seems to have changed his mind about 352. I think even if we do do that the teams now in the bottom 3 won't make up the necessary points now to cause us any problems. That is if Ollie doesn't have a meltdown like the last 8 games of last season and doesn't start playing the U13's

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                                It was only the 934th Blue. (I deleted a few).
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X