What should a club our size be paying in wages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should a club our size be paying in wages

Continuing on from Robinson thread what should our average weekly wage be taking into consideration our current financial position.

My guess would be average championship weekly wage is now about 20-25k

I think we’re probaly pitching ourselves about 15-20k market or is that bit much

Assuming we’re offering 60k a month which I think is decent dough as that’s £720k year is that realistic for us???? Should we be swimming in the 10k weekly market

10k-20k should be our limit imo. maybe 25k if we found an absolute gem of a player like the next taarabt or austin but it'd be silly to go higher than that at this stage. i think our current recruitment plan of finding diamonds in the rough is a good long term plan and we've certainly made progress with signings like smithies, luongo and freeman

Comment

Yeah, I suspect most of our squad are on 10-20k a week, with some of the less established players who have come through leagues and the younger players on a bit less. Of course players like Ned will most likely be on a bit more, but I'm sure the big contracts are now being well and truly phased out!

It would be interesting to know what Robinson is after for his new deal.

Comment

Ned on £35k a week realistically probably shouldn't be paying more than £10K a week to some maybe top being £20K to a certain few Smithies Robinson and possibly Freeman don't think anyone else, although I'm sure we have a few who think they should be on more, and as I've stated before we could save £1M a year in the wages the DOF takes from the club by getting rid of him

Comment

Max £15k a week with decent bonuses for goals / clean sheets, etc

Couldn't care less if we can't attract "top players" it's all about creating a proper team. Make players want to be here for football reasons not money.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            Ned on £35k a week realistically probably shouldn't be paying more than £10K a week to some maybe top being £20K to a certain few Smithies Robinson and possibly Freeman don't think anyone else, although I'm sure we have a few who think they should be on more, and as I've stated before we could save £1M a year in the wages the DOF takes from the club by getting rid of him
            Who do you mean the DOF who built the biggest squad in the championship , yeah I'd prefer being old fashion and having a manager in complete control,
            Our age structure 10/15k , 20k when we settle FFP problem
            Last edited by dogsrrs; 09-03-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

What type players do you reckon we could pick up for 10k?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                I'll put my lot on Smythe not being on 10 k at the moment but that will have to change in June

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  PL youth (for less), up and coming League 1 / steady Championship players maybe ?

Would rather have that than SWP any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    I'll put my lot on Smythe not being on 10 k at the moment but that will have to change in June
                    Seriously? You do not think his agent knew his value and what other top keepers in the Championship are payed when Smithies prolonged his contract?

Under 10k? Imho there is no chance of this..

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                      Seriously? You do not think his agent knew his value and what other top keepers in the Championship are payed when Smithies prolonged his contract?

Smyth not Smithies my guess.

Doubt Smyth will be on more than about 2k. Smithies about 15k

Comment

as I said get shot of him save £1M a year

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          Smyth not Smithies my guess.

Doubt Smyth will be on more than about 2k. Smithies about 15k
                          Absolutely agree about that..

Comment

as I said get shot of him save £1M a year
                            Based on what?

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post

Well he's not very tall ! To be top keeper you to just bit taller

Comment

Working...
                              X