Have we got lucky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we got lucky?

I have been thinking and it comes across to me that we have got really lucky this season. Fortunately the standard down the foot of the table has been appalling and most other seasons we could well have gone this season.
    We have met sides just at the right time Sheff Utd being one game, with their keeper giving us a goal, add to that we met Cardiff in the middle of an injury crisis and an 8 game without a win period and somehow grabbing a draw against Brentford in an astonishing injury time turn around after being outplayed for 80 minutes. Then Villa away getting called off, so instead of meeting Derby on the back of potentially of another heavyish defeat, we got to try and put Forest behind us with another 2 home games instead.
    Derby are imploding yet again which is lovely to watch and now we get a fabulous chance to realistically put relegation to bed v Sunderland before a run of 3 away games.
    We deserved the point on Tuesday probably more but it was only a point against another side struggling for form and a game we should have won.
    I know they say you make your own luck but I think we have got out of jail this season.

No. The rest of the league has got lucky with us playing 3-5-2

Comment

we are where we are meant to be , there are teams worse than us in the division that's all . at the end of it all the most consistant /best team will win it and the 3 worse teams will go down , the playoffs are a lottery its who turns up on the day

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        Have we got lucky?...I know they say you make your own luck but I think we have got out of jail this season.
        Swings and roundabouts IMO Kit. Just as one example, we have also been unlucky with the amount of penalties we should have had, but didn't. Luck evens itself out of the course of the season.

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
        Exactly!!

Comment

Awful standard this season without any outstanding team in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            think fulham are giving it a right go at the moment , if there was another 5 games they may of won it

Comment

I guess you could say we've been lucky, but on the other hand it's only because of avoidable decisions made by the gaffer.Think about this, if we hadn't played with wing backs we could be looking up the table and be somwhere like Millwall. Our season was only ever going to be so good.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                My thoughts too!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  think fulham are giving it a right go at the moment , if there was another 5 games they may of won it
                  Think Wolves will hang onto top spot. Who grabs second and comes out on top in the play offs is anyone's guess. For me it's Wolves to definitely go up, joined by 2 out of Cardiff, Villa, Boro or Fulham.
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 09-03-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Great response and 100% spot on. Holloway got lucky....

Comment

I don't think you get lucky over a whole season and we have never really flirted with relegation so far (I know most of us including me are still wary given last seasons torrid end).
                      I agree there are no outstanding teams in this league. We beat Wolves at home deservedly and gave them a good game at their place a few weeks back. I honestly believe we are about where we deserve to be.

Comment

nothing more gutting than losing in the play offs

Comment

After 35 games you are where you should be - good luck or bad luck does not matter

Comment

Yep...every team is conspiring to ensure we don't go down again.

Comment

There's no evidence really to support this. May have had more going forward with 442, but could also have been (even) weaker through the centre of midfield. Impossible to know really, but I think we're about par for the course with the squad we've got..

Comment

Working...
                              X