how will we line up next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how will we line up next season?

odds are we're gunna lose a few players at the end of the season so how could we line up and who could we bring in?

i think robo, ned, freeman, luongo and sylla will be off at the end of the season but theres a good chance pav, washo and smithies will go too given our financial restraints. it'd at least bring in a lot of money to the squad as aside from the ones leaving on a free the other players are worth more than what we paid for them. i reckon we'll bring in at least 15m in from luongo, freeman and smithies alone but in todays market it could easily be higher.

we could easily transition into a 4231 even if those players leave though without bringing in new players (we will need new players though!) with something like

lumley
    bidwell hall baptiste furlong
    scowen goss
    bright smyth eze
    smith

obviously we'll need new cbs, striker and a creative spark but it shouldn't be too hard to find. they'll have to be players on the cheap or on free transfers but i quite like that oztumer from wallsall to replace freeman as he'd be avaliable on a free and is ready to step up from league 1. he has scored a bucket load of goals from midfield in a mid table side. strikers and cbs might be hard to come by though

Why is Lumley ahead of ingram?

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      odds are we're gunna lose a few players at the end of the season so how could we line up and who could we bring in?

i think robo, ned, freeman, luongo and sylla will be off at the end of the season but theres a good chance pav, washo and smithies will go too given our financial restraints. it'd at least bring in a lot of money to the squad as aside from the ones leaving on a free the other players are worth more than what we paid for them. i reckon we'll bring in at least 15m in from luongo, freeman and smithies alone but in todays market it could easily be higher.

we could easily transition into a 4231 even if those players leave though without bringing in new players (we will need new players though!) with something like

lumley
      bidwell hall baptiste furlong
      scowen goss
      bright smyth eze
      smith

obviously we'll need new cbs, striker and a creative spark but it shouldn't be too hard to find. they'll have to be players on the cheap or on free transfers but i quite like that oztumer from wallsall to replace freeman as he'd be avaliable on a free and is ready to step up from league 1. he has scored a bucket load of goals from midfield in a mid table side. strikers and cbs might be hard to come by though
      Is that the division one team when we get relegated?

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
        Why is Lumley ahead of ingram?
        personally i rate lumley more than i do ingram, hes played more football over the past 2 seasons and has done a better job on loan. whenever i've seen ingram play hes never really stood out.

Comment

You missed out Jamie. And Washington I can't see going anywhere so that will be our front line.

Also we will be 3-5-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Is that the division one team when we get relegated?
            This is clearly a sensible thread, but I can't resist rising to your post thus:

It doesn't matter which division we appear in. We will line up below the last team that begins with P and above the first team beginning with R.

Comment

Also (obviously )depends on what division we are in,I accept we will probably survive but it's far from a given

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                Also (obviously )depends on what division we are in,I accept we will probably survive but it's far from a given
                Where are our 2 points going to come from over the next 10 games?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  Where are our 2 points going to come from over the next 10 games?
                  Sorry I forgot,you think 42 points will make us safe despite the fact that no team have ever survied with such a low total before,you just feel it in your bones.

Comment

Working...
                  X