No announcement yet.

Big lump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bloke could have had 3 against Forest alone and should definitely have had 1 at least last night.

No chance would I drop him but I would vary the playing it up to his bonce at EVERY opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      So his opinion isn't valid then?
      I thought we played some nice stuff last night as well as the lumping up to Smith.
      Yep great that we had alsorts of blends and things going on, plenty to give the opposition something to think about, dont bother playing one or the other and we`ll be quite easy to read!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Depends on how you look at the situation in my opinion.

Let's be honest, Ollie is never going to have us playing silky, free flowing football, even if he had the personnel to do so (which on the whole he doesn't). Yeah, we've got some talented young players coming through, but we have nobody in the middle of the park that can pick a pass. And even if we did, Ollies sides have never consistently played that sort of cultured football anyway.

I'd love to see us ditch the long ball game, pick one of our talented young attacking players along side Sylla with a bit of pace on the wings, and play a bit of proper football. But we just won't under Holloway.

Selecting Smith, playing a fair bit of long ball, and battling hard will keep us in the division this season. As long as we can keep hold of, or replace our current keeper and defenders in the summer, it'll probably keep us up next season too. What it won't do is ever have us challenging for promotion, in my opinion.

It is all a matter of expectations, that's how I see it. And I suspect from the noises coming out f Tony and Les, the clubs expectations are lower than ours on here these days!
        "Lets be honest ollies never going to have us playing silky free flowing football!" so funny how last night in parts we was doing exactly that lol, you need to get this dislike of the man out of youre vision tarbs tbh, we played some great stuff last night and hopefully bodes really well, look at how we was playing it around on the deck! against a promotion chasing side aswell whos spent loads, we also outplayed wolves on their own turf, sorry but for me it bodes well for us in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          The bloke could have had 3 against Forest alone and should definitely have had 1 at least last night.

No chance would I drop him but I would vary the playing it up to his bonce at EVERY opportunity.
          Im with you mush, hes looking alot fitter now and hungrier aswell

Comment

So his opinion isn't valid then?
            I thought we played some nice stuff last night as well as the lumping up to Smith.
            Dont think they were lumps up to Smith. They were propa crosses from wingers specially from Paul.

Comment

I think a bench player is a good option for him - to be used when chasing a game as a plan B
              Exactly this. More than once this season he's come on from the bench and caused mayhem for tired defences.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Personally I'd go 4-4-1-1 with Smyth or Eze playing off of Smith or Sylla. Or 4-5-1, again you could accommodate Smyth in that system as one of your offensively minded midfielders.

The obvious one that needs to be dropped to the bench is Conor for me. Tried him in all sorts of roles offensively, and almost always comes up short.
                I'd just be thankful for four at the back next match, and a positive start.

Funny how we draw at home and we are all happy if not bouyant with the result, because the performance was positive.

I deffo think most fans would take mid table playoff battles with the odd year looking for automatic promotion if the football was quality week in week out. Even if it meant never getting the prem. It's a false dream in my opinion, though in recent years ive been mighty impressed with Leicester, Burnley, Bournemouth and Watford, who have all done things the right way and made it work. Hope hudders can do the same.

Comment

Have to note how important Smith is defensively as well as up top.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                    Funny how we draw at home and we are all happy if not bouyant with the result, because the performance was positive.
                    Just goes to prove how most of our expectations are realistic and reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      "Lets be honest ollies never going to have us playing silky free flowing football!" so funny how last night in parts we was doing exactly that lol, you need to get this dislike of the man out of youre vision tarbs tbh, we played some great stuff last night and hopefully bodes really well, look at how we was playing it around on the deck! against a promotion chasing side aswell whos spent loads, we also outplayed wolves on their own turf, sorry but for me it bodes well for us in my opinion.
                      Was that silky free flowing football though Pinks?

It was a decent, battling performance. Our back 4 did well, Luongo put in a great shift, Smyth and Eze looked good when they got the ball down and played with it, but our number 1 tactic all game was to hoof it up to Smith. Then when Smith couldn't run anymore, your boy brought Lynch on as a striker and we hoofed it to him instead.

Not knocking the outcome or the performance. I'm happy enough if Ollie continues to grind out results like that. But let's not pretend that it's good football.
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 07-03-2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Was that silky free flowing football though Pinks?

It was a decent, battling performance. Our back 4 did well, Luongo put in a great shift, Smyth and Eze look good when they got the ball down and played with it, but our number 1 tactic all game was to hoof it up to Smith. Then when Smith couldn't run anymore, your boy brought Lynch on as a striker and we hoofed it to him instead.

Not knocking the outcome or the performance. I'm happy enough if Ollie continues to grind out results like that. But let's not pretend that it's good football.
                        Yep from what i was watching we was playing some very nice stuff & on the back of that forest result, that showed alot of character & it was not a ground out result at all lol, you do make me laugh mate, we outplayed them most of the night.

Comment

So his opinion isn't valid then?.
                          Sure it is, but noticeable that he jumps on certain posters and you get a bit sick of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                            Sure it is, but noticeable that he jumps on certain posters and you get a bit sick of it.
                            ok. I don't follow the forum closely enough to have noticed that.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              Dont think they were lumps up to Smith. They were propa crosses from wingers specially from Paul.
                              That is true but there was a mixture of lumping it up to him and crosses.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                                Tbh im just giving my opinion, i could say the same if im seeing youre posts and i dont agree with it, but i dont as i know its just youre opinion wether i agree or not! its not like theres been many digging out ollie on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X