Atmosphere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atmosphere

Turning up to the ground last night it was looking like it was going to be another quiet one, but I thought the atmosphere was great last night, particularly in the 2nd half! It seemed to stem from the ref being absolutely woeful, but it felt good to have a bit of noise around the place!

It cranked up second half because we were playing a better formation and people could see we were getting somewhere at last. Holloway has killed the crowd with his 3-5-2 and stupid comments. Last night you could see the basis of some progress although how Washington gets picked ahead of any of our youngsters would be a mystery if our manager's name wasn't Holloway. We didn't deserve to go in a goal down but I'd have taken a point before the game so well pleased with last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
      It cranked up second half because we were playing a better formation and people could see we were getting somewhere at last. Holloway has killed the crowd with his 3-5-2 and stupid comments. Last night you could see the basis of some progress although how Washington gets picked ahead of any of our youngsters would be a mystery if our manager's name wasn't Holloway. We didn't deserve to go in a goal down but I'd have taken a point before the game so well pleased with last night.
      Id say also a great reaction from the players after the game against forest & the main one our youngsters really shining in this one,furs smythe & eze, great performance alround but the youngsters were outstanding, not bad for a manager al who doesnt play them or is no good for developing them.
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        Id say also a great reaction from the players after the game against forest & the main one our youngsters really shining in this one,furs smythe & eze, great performance alround but the youngsters were outstanding, not bad for a manager al who doesnt play them or is no good for developing them.
        Jesus Pinkie, how can you say Holloway plays Furlong? And the youngster hokey-cokey of one in one out is a long way off from playing youngsters regularly. Why does Washington start ahead of Oteh. Sorry mate, but in desperately defending Holloway come what may you do end up talking some rubbish.

Comment

Absolutely spot on. Top post mate.

Comment

Jesus Pinkie, how can you say Holloway plays Furlong? And the youngster hokey-cokey of one in one out is a long way off from playing youngsters regularly. Why does Washington start ahead of Oteh. Sorry mate, but in desperately defending Holloway come what may you do end up talking some rubbish.
            Well last nights good performance should hopefully keep the team together but managers change to different opposition, im a fan of furlong same as westy is & would use him first choice all day long myself, as for conor id rather how we used eze last night and move freeman as eze showed he can do the biz, youngsters are meant to be brought in steadily al and we wasnt 100% safe so idsnt the best time to be trying them out so can understand part of that, as for talking rubbish well ok, your opinion thanks.

Comment

Holloway has killed the crowd with his 3-5-2 and stupid comments
              Is that the crowd that were singing his name for 10-15 minutes in the first half ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                Well last nights good performance should hopefully keep the team together but managers change to different opposition, im a fan of furlong same as westy is & would use him first choice all day long myself, as for conor id rather how we used eze last night and move freeman as eze showed he can do the biz, youngsters are meant to be brought in steadily al and we wasnt 100% safe so idsnt the best time to be trying them out so can understand part of that, as for talking rubbish well ok, your opinion thanks.
                Many of us would argue that if he'd have played the youngsters and without the ridiculous 3-5-2 system, safety would have been assured well before now.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  Many of us would argue that if he'd have played the youngsters and without the ridiculous 3-5-2 system, safety would have been assured well before now.
                  Maybe. Key for me is the formation though. Play to your strengths (although we went 3 at the back get the equalizer last night albeit a kitchen sink scenario)

Comment

Thought it was as bad as normal even second half and the ground was empty.

As for singing his name it was scattering of people in R block alone but suppose they were singing his name in fairness

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Thought it was as bad as normal even second half and the ground was empty.

As for singing his name it was scattering of people in R block alone but suppose they were singing his name in fairness
                      Because he finally started with a better formation and as a result the team played better?...Shows it doesn't take much to get fans back onside?...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Is that the crowd that were singing his name for 10-15 minutes in the first half ?
                        I didn’t hear that sat in A block....

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Who can say? we still gave a stupid goal away last night again like we have been doing & that was with 4 at the back! it gets a tad boring when all the knockers can do is knock no matter what we do, we`re pretty well safe and hopefully will notch up some more wins and get abit higher, a big number on here had us for going down or near enough and so far we`re nowhere near

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                            I didn’t hear that sat in A block....
                            "Holloway's Blue and White Army" went on for a while over in Q/P/R blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              "Holloway's Blue and White Army" went on for a while over in Q/P/R blocks.
                              Fair enough -maybe I had my ‘selective hearing’ engaged....

Comment

Working...
                              X